• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ioriyagami

Oct 28, 2017
Man, I enjoyed Elden Ring, but I wish I enjoyed it as much as many of the posters here (and most of the critic), because I really didn't think it was that special (but worth a nomination for sure).

Anyway, as of now, and assuming GoWR releases this year, I'd say it's clear Elden Ring, Horizon Forbidden West and God of War Ragnarok are going to be nominated, but I'm really not so sure about the other three nominees, there's no clear picks I think

giapel

Oct 28, 2017
My most anticipated game this year is Mario+Rabbids and it's already looking fantastic. Not sure it can ever make TGA nominations but oh well.

Kupo Kupopo

Jul 6, 2019
Horizon forbidden west was a massive disappointment in every way possible IMO ...

i'm going with large rather than 'massive', but yes. why they added stuff that didn't need to be added, why they tweaked stuff that didn't need to be tweaked, why they doubled down on how insufferable aloy is, how insipid almost all npcs are, why they dialed up the frantic nature of the creatures, only guerilla games knows. forbidden west feels to me like a game made by a very different crew of people than those involved in zero dawn...

on topic: to the extent that i just got a ps5, & am finally able to check out 2022 games that i've wanted to besides elden ring (deathloop. ghostwire tokyo), i'm gonna refrain from further comment. but yeah, i can't remember another time that i'd only played one new game over the first 6 months of the year...

Luneth

Aug 5, 2020
I hope Pokémon legends will be there. Aside from that and elden ring (which really deserves to win), God of War Ragnarök has a chance if it launches this year.

Bonfires Down

Nov 2, 2017
A Plague Tale
Tunic
Ragnarök
Elden Ring
Xenoblade 3
Horizon

If Ragnarök doesn't make the cut off date then maybe Hogwarts or another indie.

DazzlerIE

Oct 25, 2017
Kirby is my GOTY so far with Horizon and Tunic rounding out my top 3. I had no interest in Elden Ring so that's why it's not on my list

Don Fluffles

Oct 28, 2017
If we're counting Early Access:
  1. Pokémon Legends Arceus
  2. Vampire Survivors
  3. Elden Ring
  4. Neon White
  5. Pocky and Rocky Reshrined

May 24, 2021
Right now, I think my 6 will be

Elden Ring
Sifu
TMNT Shredder's Revenge
Neon White
God of War Ragnarok
Callisto Protocol

That's assuming Ragnarok and Callisto make it out this year. I'm still not entirely convinced they will. But if they do, and they're on the same quality level as Dead Space and GoW 2018, then they're probably locked in.

I haven't played Neon White, but it looks like my jam, and what I've read about it sounds pretty great. I also want to get around to trying out Tunic and Rogue Legacy 2.

jaymzi

Jul 22, 2019
If GoW makes it this year, it will be a reverse 2018.

GoW wins all the technical awards, Elden Ring takes home the big prize.

Forcevapour

Banned
Jun 10, 2022
I know games take time but it is still crazy to me how Microsoft has nothing with the amount of studios they have.
I keep expecting a avalanche of games from them and it never happens.

Apr 6, 2022
I'm gonna try for a realistic prediction based on previous years

1. Elden Ring
2. Horizon Forbidden West
3. God of war ragnarok
4. Plague Tale 2
5. Neon White(or another indie)
6.Splatoon 3

Elden ring is a lock.They love expensive story based third person action games coving 2-4. There's always one indie covering 5. And usually one Nintendo entry covering 6. I didn't go with Xenoblade because they don't like most turn based jpgs, and assumings splatoon 3 gets high reviews and sells great it would be a good fit.

Xwing

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Nov 11, 2017
I think the designated Nintendo nominee will be Kirby this year. Assuming God of War isn't delayed past the qualification deadline, it'll probably get a nomination. I'd personally love to see Stray get a slot, assuming it lives up to the anticipation. No ideas beyond these, maybe Forbidden West? Seems like it got majorly overshadowed, but idk.

As many others have stated though, Elden Ring winning is an absolute lock.

TrojanAg

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
Elden Ring
God of War Ragnarok
Horizon Forbidden West
TMNT: Shredder's Revenge
Kirby and the Forgotten Land
Tunic

Didn't include Callisto Protocol because it releases in December and that's probably too late. Other possibilities include Xenoblade Chronicles 3, Splatoon 3, Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope, A Plague Tale: Requiem, and Stray.

Last edited:

Nere

Dec 8, 2017
Elden Ring is so good I wouldn't even nominate anything else this year, there is no point just give it to FROM.

ElCidTmax

Oct 28, 2017
Elden Ring is so good that it's knocked me off playing any other big new games. I did finish Horizon before ER, as I was thinking that might happen, and it did.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Elden Ring
Horizon
Pokemon Legends Arceus

are the for sure three. If God Of War comes out I bet it's a contender.

Arn

Prophet of Truth
Oct 28, 2017
Tunic is the best non Elden Ring game of the year so far, with the caveat that I haven't played Neon White.

I_love_potatoes

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jul 6, 2020
For ME it's Elden Ring.

I have somewhere in the region of 300 hours in the game. It hooked me in and I've enjoyed it a lot.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Elden Ring, Horizon, God of War, Xenoblade 3, Tunic, and Overwatch 2.

3 guaranteed nominees, 2 "most likely selections for their respective Nintendo and indie "slots", and Overwatch 2 because Overwatch won in 2016 and it seems like it won't totally blow it when it launches

OnanieBomb

Oct 25, 2017
Neon white
Triangle strategy
Kirby
Astro Dunos 2
Card shark

Feels like a better year than last year already

Biosnake

Oct 25, 2017
I'm more interested in the Era GOTYs. We all know what number one will be, but what about 2 and 3? Will Xenoblade 3 make it?

Mau

Oct 25, 2017
Man the TGA's / GOTY season will be so mind blowingly predictable this year lmao.

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Elden Ring is going to win most of the awards, except for outlets trying to prove they're unique by picking something else.

Shredder's Revenge is my current personal GotY.

Legends Arceus is my nega-GotY. It's so bad. If the GotY vote let's me put votes into voting against games instead of for them, it'll get every one of my votes.

RisingStar

Banned
Oct 8, 2019
Elden Ring
God of War Ragnarok
Horizon Forbidden West
Bayonetta 3
Neon White
Overwatch 2

Elden Ring will win the majority of the awards but God of War will win its fair share as well.

Sephiroth

Oct 26, 2017
Elden Ring
Stray
Horizon
God of War
Neon White
Return to Monkey Island

Some possible contenders:
A Plague Tale: Requiem
Shredder's Revenge
Metal Slug Tactics
Somerville
Kirby and The Forgotten Land
Callisto Protocol
Rogue Legacy 2
Tunic

callamp

Oct 27, 2017
Elden Ring
God of War: Ragnarok

The first is certain and the second is practically certain based on the quality of its predecessor.

Tunic
Neon While

These are deserving indie productions.

A Plague Tale: Requiem

One that I'd like to see make it (but probably won't)

Kirby and the Forgotten Land
Horizon Forbidden West

Nintendo will likely be represented and Horizon Forbidden West is awfully pretty so they round out the nominations.