• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Tsuyu

Oct 25, 2017
The sky-high results are easy to explain -- though not so easy to fix. The Latin American nation has shunned wide-scale testing and instead runs exams only on the sickest of patients

When rates are that high, it means governments don't have a handle on how bad the outbreak is within their borders. In the U.S., where the positivity rate is creeping back up and stands at 8%, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said the true scale of the pandemic may be 10 times what tests show.

www.bloomberg.com

Half of All Covid Tests Are Positive in Mexico, Highest in the World

As nations around the world try to get their economies humming again, the number of coronavirus tests coming back positive has turned into the metric to watch. Five percent is the threshold to reopen safely. Ten percent is troubling, twenty percent outrageous.

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
All the US vacationers are going to Mexico right now.

Mexico needs to close it's borders.

edit: I have been misinformed

Last edited:

Tochtli79

Jun 27, 2019
Mexico City
According to several people I know working in the health and medical field, the situation is far worse than the official numbers show. And yet states and the capital are being told by the federal government that it's safe to open back up. I don't know what the government's endgame is, their irresponsibility is going to cause a shitstorm and it's going to be beyond their control very soon.

Oct 25, 2017
Mexican here. Not shocked. We have plenty of idiots here, especially of the "no one tells me what to do" and "look at those dumbasses with their masks" variety.

We also have an idiot president who encourages going out, kiss, hug and what not. Because according to him "we got everything under control".

Shit will really hit the fan soon.

WedgeX

Oct 27, 2017
Only testing the sickest and so many cases?

I feel awful for the people of Mexico.

Sei

Oct 28, 2017
LA
It's the street food.

But more seriously, generally people don't get news that easy or don't care about the news, or they can't do anything about it but keep working.

BronzeWolf

Nov 3, 2017
Mexico
There's one distinction though, and they failed to Report that.

Mexico reports positive patients, not positive tests. People are tested every two weeks until the get negative or die. That skews positivity by a lot.

Also, the test is not cheap for the wagea of Mexico. Most people won't test themselves just because every so often.

Barbarossa

Oct 30, 2017
I feel like all of this going to get much worse before it gets better. Maybe I'm biased living in Florida though.

Crimson-Death

Oct 27, 2017
Purgatory
7QmK11Z.jpg

He is coming to the White House in a few weeks, I heard?

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
fucking sad. i remember back in march watching videos on the news of people just out and about in mexico like nothing was going on and how the president didn't give two shits about it all. and now look. it's really fucked

this is the one

www.youtube.com

As the Coronavirus Approaches, Mexico Looks the Other Way | The Dispatch

ā€œThis is going to be as bad as Italy or worse.ā€ As much of the world shuts down amid the worsening coronavirus pandemic, Mexico Cityā€™s streets are bustling a...

SpaceCrystal

Banned
Apr 1, 2019
Mexican here. Not shocked. We have plenty of idiots here, especially of the "no one tells me what to do" and "look at those dumbasses with their masks" variety.

We also have an idiot president who encourages going out, kiss, hug and what not. Because according to him "we got everything under control".

Shit will really hit the fan soon.

I feel like all of this going to get much worse before it gets better. Maybe I'm biased living in Florida though.

Just wait until flu season (Autumn) in 3 months from now. It's going to get even worse everywhere worldwide.

Oct 27, 2017
People just don't give a shit here. Between the tinfoil hat guys, the 'I'm gonna get it anyway', and the deniers, everything is going down the toilet.

smurfx

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
family friend from mexico died recently due to covid. stay safe mexico era.

EchoChamber

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
If I recall correctly, AMLO is pretty left leaning... he just happens to be a complete idiot, based on what my Mexican friends say about him.
You are wrong he is conservative, corrupt and a complete idiot, in the elections he just did the equivalent to LGBT for trump and everyone thought he was left leaning.

He is more comparable with the likes of trump, bolsonaro or Maduro.

AlexBasch

Oct 27, 2017
If you want a free test in Nuevo LeĆ³n, be ready to wait for 20 days for the result to show up. That's not helping either. People might have died or passed the infection to others in the meantime.

darkwing

Oct 25, 2017
fucking sad. i remember back in march watching videos on the news of people just out and about in mexico like nothing was going on and how the president didn't give two shits about it all. and now look. it's really fucked

this is the one

www.youtube.com

As the Coronavirus Approaches, Mexico Looks the Other Way | The Dispatch

ā€œThis is going to be as bad as Italy or worse.ā€ As much of the world shuts down amid the worsening coronavirus pandemic, Mexico Cityā€™s streets are bustling a...

this aged badly :(

Tremagus

Oct 25, 2017
El Paso
I cross the border every day from Juarez to El Paso as an essential worker and I see so many people in Mexico just living their lives as if nothing is happening. People having parties in the neighborhoods, people without masks, kids out with parents, no hand sanitizer, nothing. It's insane the level of "it's not real" or "it's just the cold" you hear from people you would think are level-headed.

Also the scary thing is Americans returning from Mexico don't get screened outside of the usual border agents asking if you have anything to declare. Upon arriving into Mexico from the US you at least get your temperature taken. It's just insane how much the virus is spreading unchecked.

MANUELF

Oct 25, 2017
I know in my city they dont have enough tests available and the results take a while

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
Are Mexican nationals still crossing the border to vacation in Padre? If so I wonder if south Texas is under reporting and it'll make its way north to San Antonio.

Agentnibs

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
another popular theory among mexicans is that they are purposely killing old people in hospitals.

Yeah my roommate told me this. Her mom went there to visit her dad who had an unrelated injury and the people there were telling her that the doctors are saying everyone has Corona and are killing them because doctors get extra money for each case they find..

i think it's all BS but these stories always seem to spread and many people believe it