• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

anastiel

Banned
Mar 14, 2019
I believe there is nothing new, the material that we would all present, and unfortunately due to the leak valve ended up publishing before.

ChaosXVI

Oct 25, 2017
Huh...but they said it would like a month ago. Sounds to me like the game is probably getting delayed then, considering all they were likely to do was show another sizzle trailer of some sort.

Kawngi

Prophet of Truth
Oct 30, 2017
Kind of strange given it was confirmed and the game is now 3 months away from release.

MRORANGE

Nice thread btw :)
Oct 25, 2017
UK
30ZxJ9k.png

DarthBuzzard

Banned
Jul 17, 2018
Maybe they knew they needed smooth locomotion ready for a bigger gameplay reveal and it wasn't ready in time?

ValveNewsNetwork sources suggest that smooth locomotion wasn't ready at the time of the reveal trailer build, which means it would be impossible to show off extended gameplay unless they showed teleportation.

JDazzle

Nov 6, 2017
This kinda feels like they encountered tech issues during the rehearsals that they confirmed they couldn't resolve in time.

I'm willing to bet Geoff will still show off his latest Final Hours doc

Charamiwa

Oct 25, 2017
I know I should be upset or sad, but the fact that Valve is communicating something relevant with a tweet is more amazing to me.

Hooks

Oct 27, 2017
Ooof pulling out a few hours before the event, Does anyone else feel like they're going to miss the release date?

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
Game's been cancelled and rebranded as a Team Fortress 2 stand alone single player adventure starring the Spy.

darkness

Oct 25, 2017
I think it was probably originally intended to be revealed there, but since it was leaked they were forced to reveal early. Maybe they thought they could prepare something else for TGA, but couldn't make it in time.

Charamiwa

Oct 25, 2017
I don't see how that's a confirmation of a delay given that they reaffirm the release date in the very same tweet. Seems more like a last minute thing.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
I just wanna know what happened in the span of a month for the trailer to be pulled just hours before the show. I guess they wanted to show certain parts of the game but couldn't get them polished enough in time?

DarthBuzzard

Banned
Jul 17, 2018
I think it was probably originally intended to be revealed there, but since it was leaked they were forced to reveal early. Maybe they thought they could prepare something else for TGA, but couldn't make it in time.
Nah, the thing that leaked before anything else was the Geoff Keighley interview mentioning the Game Awards.