• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 4274

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wow. Hope it works with my Quest and Oculus link. I doubt it. The game play looks like it's for those vive hand controller thingies.

PennyStonks

Banned
May 17, 2018
dJpHHWs.jpg
Wow a full hl2 length game with preset teleport spots is pretty cool. I figure time is a big reason that type of locomotion isn't used often.

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017
I haven't tried VR yet but floating hands always look so weird and immersion breaker to me. I saw some videos of Stormlands and Asgard's Wrath recently and I don't think those games have floating hands and they seem to be good judging by the reviews. Maybe I won't care about it while playing it but when watching it sure looks awkward. Anyway this looks really good, hopefully one day I'll get to play it.

finalflame

Product Management
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
For everyone pointing out the disconnected hands, it's far more jarring in a 2D space like a video vs. when you're actually immersed in the VR experience. I never noticed them when actually in-game and it's something I'd be sensitive to.

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Looks amazing. Though my heart bleeds thinking about how few people actually have the hardware to play this (and I'm not one of them)

Deleted member 21709

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I hope the game being free for Index owners isn't an indication of the length/amount of content.

Also, hope it will have a multiplayer component (or allow for mods)

peppersky

Banned
Mar 9, 2018
This looks pretty amazing. Just that spaceship really makes me want to dive back into the world of half life.

Also, it's really good that they are going to talk about the games they've cancelled between Portal 2 and this. Seems to be the right time for it now.

VN1X

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
How much is an Index these days? And any refurbished deals going as well via third-parties or what?

Steam store page is down for me.

Deleted member 7883

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i am shooketh

holy fuck I deadass never thought we'd see anything this... promising coming out of Valve again. After the Epistle Three leak... I thought that was it. That gave me closure, I lost all hype for HL3. Holy shit. Oh my lord. Oh my. Oh. AHghhg. Fuck. Fucking fuck. I am so happy. Sorry for swearing. I am geeked.

Thera

Banned
Feb 28, 2019
France
On the gameplay side, they showed nothing new that we already played 348 times in VR.
The humor with the "it is not loaded" confirmed that this game came from the past.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Bro seeing that updated Valve logo splash at the start gave me chills

Mr_DyZ

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jun 12, 2019
What is the undisputed best VR system to date? I need to know so I can buy it.

JahIthBer

Jan 27, 2018
Great updated art style, City 17 has never looked so vivid and alive.

Bit disappointed they didn't go with inverse kinematics (modeling arms/joints) for the hands though. Guess Boneworks will have to carry that load. That helps bump immersion so much more seeing some virtual arms attached to hands vs just floating ones that are common in most VR games. Even a janky implemention in a Doom 3 BFG mod was one of the most immersive things I played in VR. Maybe someone can figure a way to implement this via Steam Workshop.

All that aside hyped af...now I need to upgrade my PC :P
Considering how Valve can make a game 5-6 times & scrap multiple versions of it, they probably did try a version with something like boneworks but decided against it, but yeah that boneworks tech is hype.

Paul

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah that looks fantastic...what a shame it is a prequel and not the game everyone would want. Maybe one day. Hahaha. No.

Still, this might convince me to get VR, finally. Maybe. Would be nice if Index dropped in price though.

Prompto

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure if it's been posted but Geoff is saying it took him 15 hours to play through it