• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dr. Mario

Oct 27, 2017
Netherlands
Om nom nom. Gonna be feasting on this. Had me a bit nostalgic after all.

Now trying to determine if I play this on Vive or Samsung Odyssey. Seems like the latter is natively supported, so that seems the more comfy solution.

Oct 25, 2017
Where will it be available? Cause it looks great and I'm just sort of wondering if there's any opportunity that I might be able to play this with my PS VR on a PS5 sometime down the line.

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I wish i had a good vr head set, oh well, ill definitely watch an lp once it comes out. Odd seeing a new official half life game after all these years. Im loving the level of interactivity in the wordl

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
Damn that looks so good. I probably won't be able to play this for a while, unless a non VR version comes around, but it is nice to see Half Life being back.

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
Why would they use the HL2 lines, those bastards lol.

Anyways, this looks great! Can't wait! Source Engine 2 is looking damn good (First time shown on an FPS IIRC) and I bet it runs like a dream.

Traxus

Spirit Tamer
Jan 2, 2018
AWWW SHIT Gman looking right menacing.

Looks great for a VR game. Shame I'll probably never play it.

symphonask

Oct 28, 2017
They could only follow up HL2 with something that is fresh and breaks new ground. This looks to be doing that.

ShaggsMagoo

Oct 28, 2017
An okay/goodish trailer, but I wish it would have told you more on how you interact in the world? How do you move? Is it on rails? Is it primarily combat based or puzzle based? There is a lot more they could have showed for a game that will be out in a few months.

Omnistalgic

self-requested temp ban
Oct 27, 2017
NJ
have to agree, they look really weird and immersion breaking
Lol you guys have never played VR? Stuff like this goes away in seconds not minutes. A trailer for VR rarely looks this good, imagine what it's look inside the world. The immersion is full on, I even get creeped out if characters are too close to me and start getting angry.

Metroidvania

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm...

Looks innovative, but at the same time still has (apparently, at least) some of the same limitations other VR games have had?

I guess I'm curious to see what 'major innovations' Valve is gonna bring to the table - at this point, first person puzzle solving and shooting aren't exactly 'new' to the VR sphere.

The stuff like being able to use one hand to charge the equivalent of the HEV suit and shoot did look pretty neat, as did 'scrounging' for the shotgun ammo, but not necessarily to the point I'd call it groundbreaking or 'the next killer app'.

CaptainKashup

Banned
May 10, 2018
Fuck, this looks really good but it'll look ten times better if it wasn't VR with these stupidass floating hands.

Valcrist

Tic-Tac-Toe Champion
Oct 25, 2017
store.steampowered.com

Valve Index VR Kit on Steam

Hello Worlds.Experience high fidelity virtual reality with the Valve Index VR Kit.Half-Life: AlyxHalf-Life: Alyx is yours, whether you've had your Valve Index for a while, or are just about to take the plunge. Owners of Valve Index controllers also get Half-Life: Alyx for free.

Get it all and HL Alyx for $1,000!

No thanks....

zoltek

Oct 25, 2017
I don't care what anyone says, VR or no, this looks awesome and I for one am overjoyed that Valve is making real games once again.