• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 26, 2017

EJ6lWqRU0AASlrl

EJ6lWqSUwAAWrd8

EJ6lWqQVAAA1r-5

Geoff Keighley interview

Last edited:

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017

wjhlrdbqiiztrjyt3opz.png

It's set between the events of Half-Life 1 and 2 and stars Alyx, as the title suggests.
"Alyx Vance and her father Eli secretly mount the resistance to the brutal occupation of Earth by a mysterious alien race known as The Combine," reads the game's description. "As Alyx, players take the fight to the Combine to save the future of humanity."
Despite ostensibly being a killer app for Valve's own VR headset, the Valve Index, Half-Life: Alyx will be compatible with "all PC-based VR headsets" when it releases in March 2020. Screenshots thus far depict Alyx having hands, which is something that was technically already canon, but now her hands are your hands, and you get to use items like the enticingly named "gravity gloves." If they are not somehow involved in a game of fetch with Dog, I'll eat a Vortigaunt.

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
Watching the video now, clicked the link for the trailer the little i on youtube but nothing shows up for me

Edit: its there now, looks good graphically, im still not 100% sold on vr but I was already interested in picking up a pc headset this makes it easier, couldn't get into ps vr

GlowingBovine

Prophet of Truth
Nov 27, 2017
Man you can tell they put a lot of thought into the gameplay systems and what they could take advantage of vr to do.
Damn I'm hyped.

gabdeg

Oct 26, 2017
🐝
Insane. They did it. Real good looking VR integration, amazing graphics. Actual Half-Life.

Edit: And just 45€

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
Alyx's dad, while having a different VA, is speaking lines from Episode 2, isn't he...?

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
Looks pretty good. We're getting a new HL in 2020... feels really weird to say it lol

Oct 25, 2017
Looks amazing as fuck, which makes it an even heavier-handed slap in the face that if it's VR only I probably won't ever play it :\

edit: Also lol'd hard at "It's unloaded.. now!"