• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

CommodoreKong

Oct 25, 2017
Are they not listed in the client? There's a "Screenshots" section on the right-hand side. You may have to scroll down a bit to see it.

Edit: If they're not there, find out where they're saved to, move them to Steam\userdata\[account ID]\760\remote\546560\screenshots, then restart Steam:

hlascreenshotmyjcc.jpg

It's weird when I first played I had gotten it to take screenshots even though they didn't show up in steam (I'm not sure if Windows Mixed Reality can do it's own screenshots separate from Steam) and now I can't get it to work at all. Seems like people are saying for WMR it's pull a trigger and click the stick but that wasn't working for me. I'm not even sure where it shows the screenshot button in the Steam VR settings, I've looked for it but can't find it.

Jubern

Oct 25, 2017
the windows VR headsets are perfectly fine for playing this game.
I'm enjoying the game quite a bit on my WMR set. It looks like people with Indexes / better sets have more control over individual fingers, but that hasn't felt necessary once and honestly I'm having a grand time here.
I'm playing on a Samsung Odyssey Plus and the game runs and looks great. Alyx works on all headsets. I'm not sure where this rumor came from.
Sorry, seems like I took the wrong conclusions from reading the thread!

Next question then if you will: do you have any recommandation for a good headset?
I see Samsung Odyssey Plus, but I don't think it's officially distributed in Japan so the prices are pretty bad.

What specs should I look for?

Jobbs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have a pretty beefy PC, and a good GPU (RTX 2070 Super) and every time I load alyx it gives me a "gpu memory is low" warning.. even though no other games or apps are open... but then it works flawlessly on ultra setting. Anyone else have this?

Deleted member 22002

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I've played 2 hours, and this game is the Mario64 of VR. And this makes me so very happy and also a bit sad.

It's beautiful, and the third VR game that makes me feel: "yup that's it, this justifies the existance of VR for gamers", after Beat Saber and Astrobot.
I'm delighted to think this will be the first VR game for a lot of gamers, where they will get used to the medium, and the base on which VR developers will have to study going forward, like MArio64 and Zelda:oot were for 3D gaming.

It's also the most intimate, most polished Half Life game I've ever played. Half Life: Alyx gives to the player the emotions and experiences that HL1 and HL2 asked the player to pretend to have. HL1 and HL2 pretended to have a ruined cityscape, pretended to give you a gun to shoot zombies, but in Alyx, it all feels real. As I struggle to reload a pistol in time to kill a headcrab I'm in gaming nirvana: this is what that experience should feel. I'm baffled that Edge couldn't give it a 10 because this is the type of trasformative experience I expect from a 10-level game.

And for the sad part: I'm a bit sad that I got spoiled to most of those mechanics by countless bargain bin asset flips that tried to do what Alyx does but couldn't because they had no money or no decent tech to back them up. This is the Mario64 or VR ans should have been everybody's first introduction to the medium, the quintessential "bundled with the system" game. I hope this is the squished grub directly injected in VR's arm the medium so desperately needs.

As somebody who is immune to motion sickness, I was worried this game would be aimed at newcomers to the point of feeling bland and toned down, and while I do resent a bit the lack of a jumping button and, of course, the lack of smooth turning (obviously a bug), the game does a great job at catering to my "privileged" group too: which is really damn cool. I just wish the walking speed could be toned a tad up in options, but it hasn't been a problem in gameplay until now.

Oct 29, 2017
What an incredible game so far. Settled on shift movement so far, feels comfortable. Being in city 17 is incredible and the quality of the animation is so good.

The most impressive thing to me is that everything just feels so natural, interacting with the world feels natural, even movement feels natural even on shift.

Just need more time to play......

Deleted member 12790

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm a bit sad that I got spoiled to most of those mechanics by countless bargain bin asset flips that tried to do what Alyx does

That's a pretty insulting way to talk about those games, imo. They aren't bargain bin asset flips, they were highly experimental, cutting edge trailblazers. Let's get one thing straight: Valve did not invent the mechanics that Half Life Alyx uses. Half Life Alyx was not willed into the ether from the depths of valve. Half Life Alyx exists because of several years of unbridled creativity and experimentation from passionate people that valve freely (with blessings!) learned from.

The term "asset flip" is used as a short hand for lazy, uninspired, quick cash grabs. The exact opposite of the type of game being described. Those small passion projects are about as far as you can get from asset flip as can possibly be. When people talk about "asset flips" they talk about people taking already completed chunks of a game and just throwing them together with minimal work. The games that inspired Half Life Alyx were the exact opposite of an asset flip, they are some of the only games to come out in the last decades that were truly, wholey original without any template to crib from.

I realize you might not have meant your comment to come out that harshly, but I felt the need to stick up for the indie VR scene. Not everybody can get together a cherry-picked 80 man team of the top engineers in the industry with an unlimited budget. Those that make due with more limited scope don't deserve to be called "Asset flips."

Last edited:

traveler

Oct 26, 2017
Thanks for the reply!
I'm running it on a 970 & overclocked 2600k @ 4.1ghz, everything on Low apart from the Textures on Medium. Runs pretty consistently at 90 unless lot'ss of enemies turn up but it does settle down; I've played 2 hours and enjoyed it thoroughly. Tempted to lock it to 45 and see how I cope so I can turn some settings up.
Might actually try setting everything up and giving it a shot.

bounchfx

Oct 25, 2017
Muricas
just got done playing for another 45 minutes or so, nearing the end of chapter 3. holy fucking shit. this game is SCARY. Never felt like this in a game really, the intensity is there, the atmosphere, immersion. only issues I'm having is with my oculus, re-setup the tracking and it's much more optimized, but i'm getting jitters every now and again that makes it hard to reload or even see (head goes wonky). wondering if it's the trackers themselves or maybe something to do with their USB power since I heard that can be an issue?

Don't have the money for an Index nor are they available but WOW I can just imagine this game with a better headset. I can't wait until we have the screen door effect gone, a much wider field of view, and eye tracking for being able to focus on things. It sucks that I can never read anything close to me because all the focus is on middle ground objects. If they could solve that it would change the VR experience right there. I'm already excited about replaying the game years later and having it be a different/better experience because the fidelity will improve with new hardware. but I digress.

this game is basically another Mario 64 moment, as far as game-feel and tech go. I've played a good share of VR titles but this is quite literally the killer app it needed and deserved. Can't wait to play more!

SigSig

Oct 26, 2017
That's a pretty insulting way to talk about those games, imo. They aren't bargain bin asset flips, they were highly experimental, cutting edge trailblazers. Let's get one thing straight: Valve did not invent the mechanics that Half Life Alyx uses. Half Life Alyx was not willed into the ether from the depths of valve. Half Life Alyx exists because of several years of unbridled creativity and experimentation from passionate people that valve freely (with blessings!) learned from.

The term "asset flip" is used as a short hand for lazy, uninspired, quick cash grabs. The exact opposite of the type of game being described. Those small passion projects are about as far as you can get from asset flip as can possibly be. When people talk about "asset flips" they talk about people taking already completed chunks of a game and just throwing them together with minimal work. The games that inspired Half Life Alyx were the exact opposite of an asset flip, they are some of the only games to come out in the last decades that were truly, wholey original without any template to crib from.

I realize you might not have meant your comment to come out that harshly, but I felt the need to stick up for the indie VR scene. Not everybody can get together a cherry-picked 80 man team of the top engineers in the industry with an unlimited budget. Those that make due with more limited scope don't deserve to be called "Asset flips."
Well said. Indies pave the way for AAA to borrow from, peoples disrespect for them is incredibly disappointing.

Quample

Dec 23, 2017
Cincinnati, OH
4 hours in, game is fucking awesome.

It's really a shame that there is such a shortage of pretty much all headsets right now....they would be selling like hotcakes.

One minor gripe I have: I like the smooth locomotion but I wish it was just a hair faster. In a way walking around at a regular pace makes it all the more immersive, but in combat it feels a little slow to me.

Oh, also, the angle of the pistol isn't quite accurate (on the rift). It aims a few degrees too high and makes you bend your wrist a little. Not terrible, but noticable. Not a huge fan of the red dot either, besides the fact that it highlights weak points. I think a lit crosshair with a small gap in the middle would be ideal.

Last edited:

Lotto

Oct 28, 2017
Earth
sigh, i immediately bought the wireless adapter for vive because imagining playing this wireless sounds too good to be true. just got to chapter 3 and i'm actually dreading it after reading the impressions here. sounds like a hell of an anxiety rush for me, but i'm here for it. i hope to god i don't break something in my room. this game keeps giving me full body chills at how god damned good it is.

Deleted member 22002

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

I absolutely didn't want to sound insulting to those projects: I have zero doubts that if they had the economical means they would have gladly uses custom assets, afforded more polish in mechanics, and proper art direction. "Asset flip" indeed has a different connotation for scammy projects, and those projects were definitely not money grabs. In fact, an argument could be made that for too long they were left alone in building a toolbox of VR tropes that now other companies can use, Valve included, leaving to them to take in all the risk of sustaining an unproven market.

Apologies to all who I may have offended.

Phinor

Oct 27, 2017
I have a pretty beefy PC, and a good GPU (RTX 2070 Super) and every time I load alyx it gives me a "gpu memory is low" warning.. even though no other games or apps are open... but then it works flawlessly on ultra setting. Anyone else have this?

I get the same warning with 2080 Ti. Probably just buggy code.

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
I had some Oculus Store apology credit left over, so I decided to buy Virtual Desktop and give it a whirl. There's a little bit of lag, which would probably go away if I lowered the bandwidth setting from Insane to High, but I think I'll just stick with the Link cable until I trip over it mid-game.

Edit: Just realised I forgot to set the 5GHz channel width on my router to 80MHz. That might do the trick... and explains why I was limited to 400Mbps.

Defect

Oct 25, 2017
I just stopped at the flashlight part. Game is too good and it LOOKS amazing on high settings.

DuppoloGAF

Oct 28, 2017
i have issues with wmr odissey. this headset is strange. when it works well, its awesome, but somethime i lost one controller or all of my room moves with my hadset so if i go down my ground goes down, etc. if you have some kind of advise to not let this happen, please tell me!

Oct 25, 2017
sigh, i immediately bought the wireless adapter for vive because imagining playing this wireless sounds too good to be true. just got to chapter 3 and i'm actually dreading it after reading the impressions here. sounds like a hell of an anxiety rush for me, but i'm here for it. i hope to god i don't break something in my room. this game keeps giving me full body chills at how god damned good it is.
Wireless is pretty good, but in the same way that its pretty good with most VR games. Even with a bunch of physics stuff and big explosions going on at one time, I'm at 90fps 98% of the time on my 4770k. Only get compression artifacts/stuttering during end of chapter loading screens. The game is actually pretty gpu intensive, but I am running max settings at 250% SS. 1080 Ti.

This game's campaign is much easier to run with wireless than Boneworks, just putting that out there.

Deleted member 12790

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

putting aside Half Life Alyx entirely, going wireless was the single biggest addition to VR to me since room scale positional tracking. Going all the way back to the DK1, I absolutely hated wires. When I got my DK1, it had no positional tracking at all, but we could fake it using razor hydras like this:

B5hSAzP.jpg

The hydras were wired to a base station and so you'd have one wire running to your hand holding one hydra, then another wire running to the hydra on your head, which ran to a base station that had two wires, one USB to the PC, and the other to the power adapter. Then the DK1 had a wire running to a breakout box, which had three wires running to the PC - USB, DVI, and a power brick. This made for a rats nest of wires and you could only lean around, not walk more than maybe a step in each direction.

With the DK2, I went to pretty extreme lengths to try and mitigate the wire. I have a virtuix omni:

CaF5KQ8UcAA4b8_.jpg

And I'd run the wire down from above using a boom mic stand. But it was still there. People say they got used to the huge wire running down their back with the original Vive and oculus rift, but I never could get over it. It always bugged me. I actually jumped on the very first wireless kits available, before the HTC Vive kit. I have TP Casts for both my original HTC Vive, and for the Oculus Rift (which they don't even sell anymore). Fully wireless PCVR is my absolute baseline. I'm content with sticking with the two poorest resolution VR headsets for the time being until the newer headsets offer a wireless solution, because, to me, the lack of wire is worth more than the bump in image quality.

Even beyond the freedom to spin around endlessly and crouch and crawl into corners, I find that having the wireless adapter flat out makes getting in and out of games quicker, which meant it was easier for me to use VR more regularly. I'm already an edge case user, so that might not be true of everyone, but being able to slip on and off the headset without having to get out a long cable and plug it in is huge. I have 3 batteries for my TP Cast kits, so I can keep playing while the others charge, for endless play sessions.

Get hyped about your wireless kit, if you really like VR, it's a pretty awesome upgrade.

EDIT: For those who are unfamiliar with the wireless VR kits, they use custom transmitters that operate at 60 ghz, not the normal 5ghz of conventional wireless routers. They are essentially imperceptible from using a normal cable, which is why they also usually cost about as much as the headset itself.

Wireless is pretty good, but in the same way that its pretty good with most VR games. Even with a bunch of physics stuff and big explosions going on at one time, I'm at 90fps 98% of the time on my 4770k. Only get compression artifacts/stuttering during end of chapter loading screens. The game is actually pretty gpu intensive, but I am running max settings at 250% SS. 1080 Ti.

This game's campaign is much easier to run with wireless than Boneworks, just putting that out there.

The wireless kits, both the one from HTC and the one from TP Cast, are entirely external and don't use any additional system resources. As far as your system knows, you're connect to a normal cable.

Last edited:

Cindres

Oct 28, 2017
I gotta say I was also pretty nervous about the horror side of the game, though I havent really played any VR horror stuff. What I have done in the first 2 hours (talking flashlight sections mainly) hasn't bothered me in the least, headcrabs jumping at your face hasn't really made me jump like I thought. Very happy with that.

One bit that did make me go "oh shit!" though, when you get the shotgun...
I was stood with my back to the middle wall, didn't even acknowledge it I just saw the other 2 being smacked, when all the debris came flying past my head that got me a bit, great set piece

Deleted member 12790

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I gotta say I was also pretty nervous about the horror side of the game, though I havent really played any VR horror stuff. What I have done in the first 2 hours (talking flashlight sections mainly) hasn't bothered me in the least, headcrabs jumping at your face hasn't really made me jump like I thought. Very happy with that.

One bit that did make me go "oh shit!" though, when you get the shotgun...
I was stood with my back to the middle wall, didn't even acknowledge it I just saw the other 2 being smacked, when all the debris came flying past my head that got me a bit, great set piece

Ha, the same exact thing happened to me.

Also, I dropped my shotgun shells mid fight and had to pick them up off the ground during reload. I was out of handgun ammo at that point so those shotgun shells were my only way to fight back.

It's crazy how tense the game can be.

Lotto

Oct 28, 2017
Earth
putting aside Half Life Alyx entirely, going wireless was the single biggest addition to VR to me since room scale positional tracking. Going all the way back to the DK1, I absolutely hated wires. When I got my DK1, it had no positional tracking at all, but we could fake it using razor hydras like this:

B5hSAzP.jpg

The hydras were wired to a base station and so you'd have one wire running to your hand holding one hydra, then another wire running to the hydra on your head, which ran to a base station that had two wires, one USB to the PC, and the other to the power adapter. Then the DK1 had a wire running to a breakout box, which had three wires running to the PC - USB, DVI, and a power brick. This made for a rats nest of wires and you could only lean around, not walk more than maybe a step in each direction.

With the DK2, I went to pretty extreme lengths to try and mitigate the wire. I have a virtuix omni:

CaF5KQ8UcAA4b8_.jpg

And I'd run the wire down from above using a boom mic stand. But it was still there. People say they got used to the huge wire running down their back with the original Vive and oculus rift, but I never could get over it. It always bugged me. I actually jumped on the very first wireless kits available, before the HTC Vive kit. I have TP Casts for both my original HTC Vive, and for the Oculus Rift (which they don't even sell anymore). Fully wireless PCVR is my absolute baseline. I'm content with sticking with the two poorest resolution VR headsets for the time being until the newer headsets offer a wireless solution, because, to me, the lack of wire is worth more than the bump in image quality.

Even beyond the freedom to spin around endlessly and crouch and crawl into corners, I find that having the wireless adapter flat out makes getting in and out of games quicker, which meant it was easier for me to use VR more regularly. I'm already an edge case user, so that might not be true of everyone, but being able to slip on and off the headset without having to get out a long cable and plug it in is huge. I have 3 batteries for my TP Cast kits, so I can keep playing while the others charge, for endless play sessions.

Get hyped about your wireless kit, if you really like VR, it's a pretty awesome upgrade.

EDIT: For those who are unfamiliar with the wireless VR kits, they use custom transmitters that operate at 60 ghz, not the normal 5ghz of conventional wireless routers. They are essentially imperceptible from using a normal cable, which is why they also usually cost about as much as the headset itself.

The wireless kits, both the one from HTC and the one from TP Cast, are entirely external and don't use any additional system resources. As far as your system knows, you're connect to a normal cable.

i was an early adopter of the vive when it came out and the heavy wires running down my back were always my complaint while playing anything so it was only a matter of time before i picked up the wireless adapter. i was planning on getting it during the holiday season last year when it was $50 off but i slept on it and missed out. now that HL:Alyx is finally out, imagining playing without those damned cords fiddling around me sounds like bliss. i am extremely hyped!

Deleted member 12790

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
i was an early adopter of the vive when it came out and the heavy wires running down my back were always my complaint while playing anything so it was only a matter of time before i picked up the wireless adapter. i was planning on getting it during the holiday season last year when it was $50 off but i slept on it and missed out. now that HL:Alyx is finally out, imagining playing without those damned cords fiddling around me sounds like bliss. i am extremely hyped!

at one point, I even went as far as to have a retractable cable in my ceiling, I know your pain, haha.

EDIT: One thing I'll say about the PCVR market right now is that I love that there are options. Lots and lots of options. You can go high end in multiple ways. You could buy a Valve Index headset if you value comfort, or your could buy a pimax headset if you value FOV, or you could upgrade an original headset if you value wireless. Or, on the opposite end of the spectrum, I love that there are so many entry level VR headsets that aren't absolute garbage. The difference in utility from a low end and high end headset is really small, IMO, and can be tolerated enough that you don't need a super expensive headset to play VR games well today.

Heck, one of my friends is playing on a dell Windows VR headset I gave him, that I got for free through a black friday deal way back in 2017. And it is absolutely fine at it's job. And the core of all this is the open and interoperable nature of the market. We should all be very happy that Oculus' early attempt to wall off a section of the VR market behind a proprietary driver failed. I know a lot of people are upset that the latest half life game requires more hardware than they likely have to play, but had things rolled a little differently, it could have really sucked a lot more. It's a legitimately great thing that there are no games exclusive to any PCVR headset.

Last edited:

shodgson8

Aug 22, 2018
Ha, the same exact thing happened to me.

Also, I dropped my shotgun shells mid fight and had to pick them up off the ground during reload. I was out of handgun ammo at that point so those shotgun shells were my only way to fight back.

It's crazy how tense the game can be.

Exact same thing....dropped the gun, then all the shells trying to load it. My reaction pretty much:

Deleted member 51848

Jan 10, 2019

B5hSAzP.jpg

CaF5KQ8UcAA4b8_.jpg

I never get tired of reading your post - just wanted to say that. Owning an omni goes above and beyond the Call of Development. It must be like having a 2000's Trocadero in your house.

FeD

Oct 25, 2017
How is the experience with the Rift S? With MoH also coming out I might be able to convince myself to just pick it up right now.

Gowans

Oct 27, 2017
North East, UK
Played up to getting the gloves with my laptop and quest link.

It looks lovely, I was playing seated so it took me a while to work out the stand thing but I'm getting there. I can only play for 30min bursts tho.

spineduke

Oct 25, 2017
reached the hotel, i'm running hogging nades in each hand and in my wrists. why wouldn't they let me store a few? i love these damn things

My 1060 is holding okay, but there are areas where im feeling a little uncomfortable with the movement, its not always smooth enough.

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
I wonder if they'll port this to PS5/PSVR ? It seems the smart thing to do.

I'm of the opinion the Valve of today will support consoles only if that work is a natural extension of what it's doing on the PC/mobile side, so I think a PS5 port will come down to whether the PSVR2 is officially PC-compatible. If Sony does get behind OpenVR/SteamVR, then Valve will no doubt add official PSVR2 support to Alyx, and at that point I'm sure the question of "Why don't we port the game to the PS5?" will come up.

Last edited:

Jobbs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
the wire really is the enemy of VR. I constantly feel constrained in my reactions to things because of the wire. I have to use the rotate on my right stick to react to things rather than swivel quickly around because I'm always worried about where the wire is. Good game though.

shodgson8

Aug 22, 2018

Same here 2060 Super. Runs fine on all high.

Dark1x

Digital Foundry
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
I am curious about comfort on the Index.

I've only really had a chance to sample the Rift, Rift-S and Vive (and DK1, 2 and PSVR but those aren't relevant here)

I found the Vive extremely uncomfortable with glasses while the original Rift was also relatively difficult to use for long sessions. Both fogged up and were not comfortable for me specifically.

The Rift-S was like a breath of fresh air in comparison and is the first headset I can enjoy for hours. I had spent a lot of time tweaking Vive and Rift and never found a way to make it fully comfortable.

So, the question is - does the Index compare more favorably with Rift-S here?

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if they'll port this to PS5/PSVR ? It seems the smart thing to do.
I'd say this is a save bet. Most Half-Life games ended on console one way or the other and Alyx will be the gold standard for VR for some time now. I hope Sony learns some lessons and produces a real system seller for PSVR2. An AAA VR game made by Santa Monica, Naughty Dog, Guerilla or Insomniac.

Kinggroin

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Uranus, get it?!? YOUR. ANUS.
All the talk about snap rotation and such, if you're playing with a wireless kit, becomes completely moot. I don't use any stick to rotate, I actually turn in place IRL.

Yup. Now that I'm using Virtual Desktop, I find myself almost never using the snap turn (unless I'm just being lazy)

This game revolutionizes VR graphics. I am shocked at how good it looks.

Vibration is used well to simulate touch. I could lean over a balcony while I was given a vibrating cue for when my hands are touching the railing. I saw a woman biking away. I forgot it wasn't reality for a few seconds. Moving a dial on a radio was also on fleek.

The movement systems, hand system and gameplay info are all top notch. With that said, I couldn't open a matchbox, or the pages of a book, or take a VHS tape out of its sleeve. Clearly VR controls still have a ways to go.

There is some 3D/VR wonkiness and you must adjust your fingers well on the Index before playing or the middle finger might not be properly recognized. I managed to insert a bike into a wall and to clip into some walls. There are many objects that are non-interactive such as a tv settings sliders. Room for improvement there but nothing unforgivable.

That's what I got from 1h of gameplay.

Not really a VR controls limitation, and more a game design one. If you've ever played Job Simulator, you'd know that all those things you mention are possible (you can even remove bottle caps with your free hand when holding the bottle with the other)

The Benz

Oct 27, 2017
Guys I'm legitimately too terrified to go any further. I'm a little past the part where you get the flashlight and can't even bring myself to move forward. It's like I wanna play so badly but end up completely petrified every time a headcrab jumps out.

I think I'm actually screwed too cause it's only going to get worse from here. I still absolutely love the game though.

sleepnaught

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Couple semi major complaints from me

Half way through the game

Possible very minor spoilers
Im disappointed at how sparse the fights with the combine are. There's only a handful of gun fights in the 6 hours I've played.

The same two zombie models and headcrabs, and barnacles gets boring pretty early on.

Also, I'm still stuck only using a pistol and shotgun. Again, very boring early on. I don't know why they went this one handed route, I've not found a single situation where I needed my other hand independent from my shooting hand. Sadly, gunplay potential suffers tremendously here.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
I am curious about comfort on the Index.

I've only really had a chance to sample the Rift, Rift-S and Vive (and DK1, 2 and PSVR but those aren't relevant here)

I found the Vive extremely uncomfortable with glasses while the original Rift was also relatively difficult to use for long sessions. Both fogged up and were not comfortable for me specifically.

The Rift-S was like a breath of fresh air in comparison and is the first headset I can enjoy for hours. I had spent a lot of time tweaking Vive and Rift and never found a way to make it fully comfortable.

So, the question is - does the Index compare more favorably with Rift-S here?
Yes. If you are also using glasses you might want to look into getting prescription lenses so that you dont need to use glasses

TheUnseenTheUnheard

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 25, 2018
Guys I'm legitimately too terrified to go any further. I'm a little past the part where you get the flashlight and can't even bring myself to move forward. It's like I wanna play so badly but end up completely petrified every time a headcrab jumps out.

I think I'm actually screwed too cause it's only going to get worse from here. I still absolutely love the game though.
Put on music