• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Flandy

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
It's using a ton of the SSD it's on in task manager (almost always 100%), CPU stays around 4-5%
This was my CPU in task manager
unknown.png

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
How are you people unpacking this so fast? Mine's barely made any progress!

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
This is so frustrating to the point where I"m tempted to just delete and redownload it.

T7qyVH4.png

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
Run Steam as administrator. That seems to have improved unpacking for me. Unless it's total coincidence. Went from ~30 mins to ~10-15.

edit: nevermind, may have been coincidence, it's fluctuating like crazy.

Slv

Oct 26, 2017
Latvia
LOL, should not have preloaded, downloading now would probably been faster than unpacking, unpacking at about 40 MB/s on an SSD vs download at 90 MB/s

shodgson8

Aug 22, 2018
Game unpacked! I can't play for another hour sadly due to parental responsibilities.

Everyone have fun, i'm checking out until I have managed to put some time into it.

Ada

Nov 28, 2017
48 min to unpack, what kind of compression is this? Edit: now seeing that I should have downloaded this to my SSD instead of HDD ffs.

The Benz

Oct 27, 2017
I'm at 46% now. Time to jump off here I can't risk any spoilers. I really hope you lot enjoy the game. I've dreamt of this moment since I was a kid.

gozu

Oct 27, 2017
America
Does it come out at midnight PST
48 min to unpack, what kind of compression is this? Edit: now seeing that I should have downloaded this to my SSD instead of HDD ffs.

It's compressed AND encrypted. I deleted my preload and just downloaded it. If your internet is over 300 Mbps, preload is not for you.

samred

Amico fun conversationalist
Nov 4, 2017
Seattle, WA

Yep. I couldn't get "noclip" to work in the console in a way that let me walk up and look at his face, sadly. I'm sure that'll be uncovered by the community soon enough.

Unrelated, this is a mild, early-game spoiler about something familiar to anyone who played the older games:

yes, the garden gnome is back, and no, you can't put it in your backpack or inventory slots

tr00per

Nov 4, 2017
Hell yeah. We made it, everyone!

Already preloaded. Now I just need time to play it. I'll probably finish Black Mesa first.

LAA

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Just missed out on pre ordering for the 10% off. Grg.
I'm not sure I should go ahead buying it anyway. I dont have much space in my PC room and seems this game relies on having much space?
I struggle with some VR games like rick and morty as it is.

xeroborn55

Oct 27, 2017
played the opening. Holy shit. ive played a bunch of vr games. there is nothing even close to this.

2060, 9700K, nvme, 16gm ram. Defaulted me to medium setting. seems to run good and looks incredible. just the detail in the environments is staggering.

using a rift s. definetly recommend you plug some headphones in. the headset sound is horrible.

The default movement was teleport which i am using. Seems ok. Not sure i even want to test the other styles. i get motion sick very easily.

Egg0

Oct 25, 2017
I'd be dope if they could get this game to run on a Quest natively in the future without the oculus link. I don't have a VR ready PC, but I guess HL:A is too taxing on a Quest.

pavaloo

Oct 25, 2017
I'd be dope if they could get this game to run on a Quest natively in the future without the oculus link. I don't have a VR ready PC, but I guess HL:A is too taxing on a Quest.
physics calculations at that scale would likely be impossible on the quest's mobile processor
I'd love for it to happen, same for blade and sorcery :(