• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
Wow, that's cool. Looks like a great mod so far, so I'm excited.

Brot

Oct 25, 2017
the edge
Perhaps it should be clarified in the thread title that this is a mod and not an official release.

Obi

Oct 27, 2017
Why is a mod showing at a gaming show? Do you need to pay money to get into those things?

tatwo

Oct 27, 2017
Finland
Valve has released proper modding tools for Alyx? I though it's super limited what you can mod.

Looks cool. Maybe I'll setup up my Index again.

crespo

Oct 27, 2017
Yes, more please. In my veins.

Valve has released proper modding tools for Alyx? I though it's super limited what you can mod.

Looks cool. Maybe I'll setup up my Index again.
store.steampowered.com

Half-Life: Alyx - Exploring some favorite Half-Life: Alyx mods - Steam News

Guest writer Craig Pearson takes a look at some of his favorite mods from the Steam Workshop

There's a TON of mods for Alyx, from weapons to add-ons to full-on campaigns - all free, of course.

pink

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I almost bussed, then I saw mod.

18305-l.webp

Alo81

Oct 27, 2017
Oh MAN! Thats awesome. I've been looking forward to this mod for a while, glad its getting some front and center press attention.

HeyNay

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Somewhere
Maybe this will convince me to finish Alyx. Unfortunately I couldn't get through it the first time because the game is so boring.

Miamiwesker

Oct 25, 2017
Miami
Alyx ran poorly on my PC but I was able to get through it. But any time I try to run mods it gets too messy. I'll just wait till I get a better PC, this looks incredible.

Ionic

Oct 31, 2017
This trailer is going to confuse a lot of people. And I'm fine with that! It looks almost official quality and Valve really dropped the ball on helping Alyx modders despite their amazing work.

Deer

Oct 29, 2017
Sweden
Maybe this will convince me to finish Alyx. Unfortunately I couldn't get through it the first time because the game is so boring.
Same :( I really liked it to begin with, but then it just meandered off into... just another Half-Life 2 episode lol. I should try modding the fights to make them more interesting at least.

HeyNay

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Somewhere
Same :( I really liked it to begin with, but then it just meandered off into... just another Half-Life 2 episode lol. I should try modding the fights to make them more interesting at least.

VR is super cool, but once I got past the wow-factor, I realized that Half-Life is still stuck in early 2000's game design. It feels so linear and constrained. I think people over hype this title way too much. It's neat, and it's a good example of VR, but as a game it just feels so far behind the types of games we've been getting since Half-Life was even relevant.

Apr 19, 2018
Definitely excited for this. I do hope they don't go the route of making it stupidly hard to play through like the majority of these campaign mods tend to be that go for the EXTREME CHALLENGE route.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Wish my damn PC hadn't died recently. No idea what's wrong with it either, I thought it was the power supply but I bought a new one and it still didnt work. Honestly think it might be the motherboard or CPU, neither of which I have money to replace right now. :(

Granted my PC could barely run HL: Alyx, but I still really wanted to play through it at some point.