• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Nessii013

May 31, 2019
This gets my vote. It works as both a reference to an iconic HL2 moment as well as a indication of the kind of interactions which will be enhanced by VR.
That's what I was going for! I like "Prepare for Unforseen Consequences", since that's a major component of Alyx's story and Episode 2's ending, but it isn't VR related.

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
OT time? Can't wait, pre loaded and ready to jump back into the HL world!
26 hours and counting.
I don't know who is making the OT, but it should go live at T-Minus 17 hours.
OTs can be posted up to 72 hours before a game launch. This threads OP MRORANGE is also the OT creator/poster for the game.
Alyx is due to launch in 26 hours from this post. (10am Pacific/1pm Eastern/5pm UK/6pm Western Europe/2am Japan)

Jarate

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Alyx gets all the way to the combine destroyer where she meets Gordon Freeman, who turns himself into a pickle. Funniest shit i've ever seen

EchoSmoker

Jan 29, 2018
Half-Life: Alyx |OT| Why do we all have to wear these ridiculous headsets?

Half-Life: Alyx |OT| Full-Life Consequences

Half-Life: Alyx |OT| HeadcrabOn

Quesa

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone know if we'll be able to pull off any VPN trickery launch the game early, or is it launching at the same time regardless of region?

SpartyCrunch

Xbox
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
I can't believe that I was in college when I finished episode 2, and now I've been working professionally for over 11 years. Man it's been a long time since half life. I cannot wait!

Oct 25, 2017
Half-Life: Alyx | Welcome to λirtual Reality

(play off of City 17, and the fact for a lot of people this will be their first VR experience. Also couldn't help but use the lambda character somehow!)

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
Anyone know if we'll be able to pull off any VPN trickery launch the game early, or is it launching at the same time regardless of region?
It's locked to 10am Pacific which is when Valve are 'flipping the switch'

Here's a map of what 10am Pacific is in different regions around the world that I made:
HLATimezonemap.png

Plum

May 31, 2018
While this is a really good deep cut, to the uninitiated it just looks like the most common VR complaint with no hint of sarcasm. HL needs better.

That's a good point. I rescind my vote.

Though I will riot if it's not the question in the FAQ section that describes why the game is in VR.

Kawngi

Prophet of Truth
Oct 30, 2017
Couldn't afford the Index when it was in stock, but I should've just pulled the trigger on a Rift S as I haven't seen them in stock anywhere for a hot minute. :(

I don't really want to pay eBay markup, or really trust it, so guessing it'll be a while before I can play