• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 46922

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 21, 2018
None of my co-workers understood my excitement today, I need forums like this to believe I'm not crazy for getting all giddy.

Friskyrum

Jun 25, 2019
Seeing Tyler after the interview is making my giddy, he's so happy over the fact that interview just happened. He's so passionate.

HALF LIFE IS COMING BACK WOOOOOOOOOOH

Deleted member 889

Oct 25, 2017
Y'all are killing me with the "HIGH likelihood" half life 3 confirmation talk and then immediately shooting that down

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
Er, Final Hours is a book. Are you saying it will reveal HL3?
No. An interview potentially leaked shorly before Valve confirmed Half-Life: Alyx. In it, Half-Life: Final Hours is mentioned. Final Hours just also happens to be the name of the Portal 2 book. Seeing as these two worlds are connected, no huge surprise I suppose. You can read it here.

March 2020, "Half-Life: Alyx" comin' out, and again, yeah, we'll do "The Final Hours" next year. You know, it's been so fun to do those with "Half-Life", "Half-Life 2", "Portal", and that will take everyone through really the past decade at Valve and all that you guys have been through, all the experiments that you don't know about, (snippet ends)

I'd assume The Final Hours is the title of the actual continuation of Episode 2.

pixelpatron

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Seattle
On a scale of 1 to Valve, what would you rate it if this trailer gets delayed?
Ke4oGV7.gif

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
No. An interview potentially leaked shorly before Valve confirmed Half-Life: Alyx. In it, Half-Life: Final Hours is mentioned. Final Hours just also happens to be the name of the Portal 2 book. Seeing as these two worlds are connected, no huge surprise I suppose. You can read it here.

I'd assume The Final Hours is the title of the actual continuation of Episode 2.
Absolute insanity, I can't fucking wait 20 minutes dude.

21 NOVEMBER 2019

REMEMBER ITS NAME

Oct 27, 2017

That's clearly a doc about the making of the game, not a separate game.

Deleted member 2840

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Ehhh he's obviously saying he's gonna do a Final Hours documentary/article about HLA. I sincerely don't know how you can read it any other way.

Dest

Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
wait

what

are you messing with me dude

DUDE

ok maybe not i was unaware of thesE APOLOGIES

"Final Hours" are Geoff Keighley's deep dives into a game's development.

What? The Final Hours is a doc/report Geoff does lmao.
Final hours is not what you think it is. Final Hours is the article Geoff Keighley wrote for HL2 back in the day. That was referencing Keighley doing a new documentary about Valve.

Half Life Final Hours was the name of the "documentary " Geoff made about HL2.

whoops not documentary, a book/article, and for HL too. He did the same for Portal 2.

ok ok i'm sorry i'm sorry

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017

Don't fuck with me ;~;

EchoSmoker

Jan 29, 2018
Keeping my expectations in check. It'll just be a cool cinematic trailer that will still be hype as hell. Anything more is a bonus. Twelve years of waiting and now it's just 15 MINUTES AWAY AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
I remember a Valve employee working on HL: Alyx a few weeks ago spoke about doors in VR and how playtesters were opening the doors incorrectly twisting the knob the wrong way. Shit was just that fucking real.

I really REALLY want this game to push Knuckles to its limits.

Buttonbasher

Dec 4, 2017

No. The Final Hours is a series of stories by Geoff dating back to the original Half Life. There's The Final Hours of Tomb Raider, and Titanfall, and tons of others. This is 10000% just one of those for Half Life over the last decade

Albin

Jun 29, 2018
Half-life 1 and 2 are two of the greatest games ever made.

VR is the greatest thing to happen to gaming since I started playing i the early nineties.

This is huge.

Ringten

Nov 15, 2017
Never played half-life... but curious what this brings to the table and in what way advances VR as a platform.
Hope it maybe one day comes out for PSVR 2.

ChaosXVI

Oct 25, 2017
I can't believe I'm finally about to be on the other side of a new Half-Life game being announced after 12 years. I was 17 years old and now I'm almost 30! It's insanity!

s0l0kill

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I remember a Valve employee working on HL: Alyx a few weeks ago spoke about doors in VR and how playtesters were opening the doors incorrectly twisting the knob the wrong way. Shit was just that fucking real.

I really REALLY want this game to push Knuckles to its limits.
If we're not getting some footage of that door tech I'm selling my VR system /s

Vanpastel

Oct 30, 2017
I won't be playing this anytime soon because I don't have a headset but I'm still excited, it's been soooo long.

Bruceleeroy

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Orange County

I knew it.
HYPE!!

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
And yet the most exciting aspect for some who are sick of watered down conversions to VR
I mean that's fine for people who can shell out for VR, but I'm not there yet. Tons of people probably aren't there yet, even for HL. Besides, the finger tracking is cool, but have they solved for locomotion yet in the VR space that isn't just push a stick to move or use a separate teleport to move around a level? That's the bigger news if Valve has actually accomplished that, but with Oculus support, I don't see that happening.

Deleted member 6122

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

You are completely wrong. X: The Final Hours is a documentary series that geoff keighley does talking about various games and the teams that make them in the lead up to release.
http://www.thefinalhoursofportal2.com/
http://www.finalhoursoftitanfall.com/
http://me3finalhours.com/
Hype responsibly please.

Dest

Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work

I MADE A MISTAKE I'M SORRY I WAS NOT AWARE OF THE PREVIOUS STUFF HE HAD DONE
PLEASE NOTE I AM ALSO, DESPITE POPULAR BELIEF, NOT ACTUALLY GEOFF

s0l0kill

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I mean that's fine for people who can shell out for VR, but I'm not there yet. Tons of people probably aren't there yet, even for HL. Besides, the finger tracking is cool, but have they solved for locomotion yet in the VR space that isn't just push a stick to move or use a separate teleport to move around a level? That's the bigger news if Valve has actually accomplished that, but with Oculus support, I don't see that happening.
If you own a gaming pc and a console, which is a large percentage of the people here, there is no reason you can't own a VR system as well.

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
I had three hyper real dreams this morning about what my brain thought the reveal was going to be, one of them starring John Goodman as the G-Man barking at me that it's a "simple cleanup job". So yeah...can't say I've had game trailer dreams before. Valve what have you done to me :P