• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Box

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lancashire
Imagine a minutes long beast of a trailer like MGSV or BOTW. I'm going to chew on that all the way up until we get this 20 second splashscreen with a shiny new 7 second Valve logo and a total of 3.7 seconds of 'gameplay'.

Rygar 8Bit

Oct 25, 2017
Site-15
When is that Medal of Honor VR game out btw? I need at least two games to justify a purchase lol.

There's games out that are really damn good you can buy. Stuff like Pavlov, Blade & Sorcery, Gorn, Beat Saber, Compound, Climbey, and a giant list of other cool games. Even have stuff like Espire1 and Boneworks releasing soon.

Violet

Alt account
Banned
Feb 7, 2019
dc
Even artifact is a good game. It just launched with a batshit insane monetization structure. Valve is even supposedly "realm reborn"-ing it soon as well.

hey if everyone is allowed to make fun of Street Fighter V, which is an incredible fighting game, we can make fun of Artifact for being bad

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
hey if everyone is allowed to make fun of Street Fighter V, which is an incredible fighting game, we can make fun of Artifact for being bad

yep, until it's fixed and not dead, we get to make all the shots we want on it. Especially since it's $20.

Underlords is in a pretty bad state right now tbh and I think it's worse than dota autochess or tft.

I loved Autochess and just cannot get into Underlords no matter how much I try.

I might give the EGS Auto Chess a shot since it's been a minute since i've tried drodos.

nareik

Mar 25, 2019
Even artifact is a good game. It just launched with a batshit insane monetization structure. Valve is even supposedly "realm reborn"-ing it soon as well.
I really liked Artifact's gameplay and usually dislike card games. I don't think the game part is why Artifact failed but the awful way they monetized the game.
Yeah I know the monetization is the reason the game flopped, which is shame because I was actually quite looking forward to it prior to release, I just wanted to meme. I'm still a Valve fanboy deep down.

DSP

Oct 25, 2017
what if it looks like half life 2. would that be "lazy" or something?

I am honestly not expecting much, it probably looks similar with similar looking assets, it's a VR game, it can't look competitive with regular games.

Bruceleeroy

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Orange County
Oh so so soon.

nncEgPV.gif

Tommyguns

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
1 hour to go. Really hope we see gameplay. Even if it's a trailer with snippets of gameplay throughout.

I'm just so curious to see if there is anything they can do to surpass a VR game like Boneworks. The interactivity in that game seems insane. So that's kind of my bar I've set that I feel like they need to pass

Dec 13, 2018
How can there not be multiple megatons? This half life and valve are synonymous, they understand the pressure to deliver something Jaw dropping

VaporSnake

Oct 28, 2017
I honestly not expecting much, it probably looks similar, it's a VR game, it can't look competitive with regular games.
Why not exactly? If the photogrammetry rumors are true, it'll likely be the best looking VR game on the market by a longshot. It's valve, and it's 2019 on the dawn of a new console generation and therefore, a new average minimum spec, so I don't think it's too outlandish that it will look incredible.

Cyanity

Oct 25, 2017

I am honestly not expecting much, it probably looks similar with similar looking assets, it's a VR game, it can't look competitive with regular games.
There are some pretty strong rumors that suggest this game is gonna look pretty good for VR

empo

Jan 27, 2018

I'm not sure if that Medal of Honor is budget constrained but I hope it looks alot better than that.

Oct 27, 2017
If you want a minimum of how it's going to look, go watch some Robot Repair or Lab footage. RR is literally using Portal 2 assets yet looks very nice.