• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

1-D_FE

Oct 27, 2017
"We're excited to unveil Half Life: Alyx"

I'm back to expecting actual gameplay footage. It's incredibly poor wording if this is just going to be an announcement for the game awards unveiling.

Besides, they need footage before Black Friday if they wanna get in on the Christmas spending hype.

Dec 13, 2018
I hope this is as revolutionary as has half-life 1 and 2. And maybe to some extent, half-life had to go into stasis like Gordon to really do just that (though episode 3 would have been nice). Eitherway, if they deliver a AAA game, i imagine it's going to be a hell of a ride.

Oct 27, 2017

I'm back to expecting actual gameplay footage. It's incredibly poor wording if this is just going to be an announcement for the game awards unveiling.

Besides, they need footage before Black Friday if they wanna get in on the Christmas spending hype.
I know they have a good relationship with Keighly, but I honestly think some big showcase during TGA would be a mistake. Much like E3 ,that audience does not want to see a bunch of VR stuff.

Cyanity

Oct 25, 2017
It's still mind-blowing to me that we're getting a new half life after so many years. And on VR no less! I'm so damn excited holy shit

Alastor3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Is there a link to the stream? It start in an hour, right?

Alastor3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017

If you read Geoff tweet about it, this is just the announcement and more will be shown during the Game Award, so yeah

grendelrt

Oct 25, 2017
I was thinking of playing the leak back in the day as I await a new Half Life game today, here is the story if anyone wants to kill time

www.eurogamer.net

The boy who stole Half-Life 2

At 6am on 7th May 2004, Axel Gembe awoke in the small German town of Schönau im Schwarzwald to find his bed surrounded …

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
I just looked at his twitter and I couldn't find anything that said that.
This is all I could find:

Tweet text said:
Valve is returning to the Half-Life universe. The first details hit Thursday at 10am PT.
Unless his wording is off, it sounds like we may not get a full-on reveal today. That would be disappointing.

(Off-topic: looking for this tweet led me to discover that Green Day is playing at the Game Awards this year)

Maxi

Oct 25, 2017
I agree, that's a good way of looking at it.

The big problem I see is the lack of any movement on a true sequel. If HL3 was definitely in development or had already been released, then you'd have less people disappointed at a VR spinoff.

Amen! But got to live by Valve rules and very fortunately for them they have few reasons to make Half Life 3 and at this point it is more than likely going to be a detriment to their portfolio. I'd still love it mind you but I'd guess the market would expect AAAA level game and with the way Valve is managed and the amount of employees they have I don't think that is feasible.

So happy just to have this VR game being a thing, would love for there to be more though!

Deleted member 5129

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

1-D_FE

Oct 27, 2017
If you read Geoff tweet about it, this is just the announcement and more will be shown during the Game Award, so yeah

Very well could be. It's poor wording on Valve's part, though, if they don't actually unveil anything. Technically we now know it exists. Since we officially know that Half Life: Alyx exits, "unveil" should mean show something.

Personally, I'd prefer they do gameplay type stuff today and save the big cinematic trailer for the TGA crowd.

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully, at the very least, today will have a showing similar to Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond.

If it's just smiles and concept art imma be pissed.

Paganmoon

Oct 26, 2017
Soon! hope they don't Valve time this

t1574359200z4.png

TaterTots

Oct 27, 2017
The issue with a potential VR release is that we know nothing about the game. There could be some sort of tech that just wouldn't work on PSVR. I think that's why most are saying PSVR2 has the best shot.

byDoS

Oct 25, 2017
I'm sooo beyond ready. C'mon, Gabe

Gimme what I want, just for once. Don't let me down, buddy

TaterTots

Oct 27, 2017
Wonder if it will be a CGI trailer or a gameplay teaser? Surely they have to show something. It would be super weird to announce an announcement for a game.