• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

carlosrox

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver BC
VALVE, NEVER FORGET WHO YOU ARE!!!

I must have put thousands of hours into HL1 across the single and multiplayer, and that's just the base game. That doesn't even include all the total mods such as They Hunger, Action Half-Life, Counter Strike, Day of Defeat, etc, etc.

GOAT.

finalflame

Product Management
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Finally I can talk about this :)

First had the privilege of playing and working on it a bit over 2 years ago during my time at Valve. It was honestly already a crazy amazing experience back then, Valve has poured so much love, care, and though into the next story in the Half-Life universe. I can't even imagine how much they've polished it these last two years.

If the direction is still the same as it was some time ago, there's another huge announcement tied to this that'll likely happen simultaneously or soon after, which nobody has heard or mentioned anything of. That could mean it was scrapped or is under particularly tight wraps. I'm hoping for the latter :)
What the fuck this came outta nowhere
Knowing Valve they caught wind of the leaks and decided to drop it themselves so as to cut the press cycle short from all the absurd speculation.

Oct 25, 2017

First had the privilege of playing and working on it a bit over 2 years ago during my time at Valve. It was honestly already a crazy amazing experience back then, Valve has poured so much love, care, and though into the next story in the Half-Life universe. I can't even imagine how much they've polished it these last two years.

If the direction is still the same as it was some time ago, there's another huge announcement tied to this that'll likely happen simultaneously or soon after, which nobody has heard or mentioned anything of. That could mean it was scrapped or is under particularly tight wraps. I'm hoping for the latter :)

Knowing Valve they caught wind of the leaks and decided to drop it themselves so as to cut the press cycle short from all the absurd speculation.

bro stop i cant handle this hype

ghostemoji

Oct 27, 2017
I hope this is something substantial. I miss that universe. Half-Life 2 is so rich in story and lore... I want to dive back in.

Mengy

Oct 25, 2017

Woah?

5CGr7LP.gif

Deleted member 28523

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017

:o

samred

Amico fun conversationalist
Nov 4, 2017
Seattle, WA

LOLDSFAN

Oct 25, 2017

🤔

s0l0kill

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
it's literally the only game that's made me google VR prices

but it's too expensive
If you have a gaming PC, right now the best option would be the Oculus Quest, it can be played standalone like a console or be tethered to the PC for this one (among other great games)
Last time I checked it starts at 400$, you can even get the PC only Rift S for 350$ on Black Friday.
These prices are literally inline with consoles.

TolerLive

Senior Lighting Artist
Verified
Nov 15, 2017
Redmond, WA

2e5ebacf4d96a00582200354eb8336ec.gif

Poimandres

Oct 26, 2017
If the direction is still the same as it was some time ago, there's another huge announcement tied to this that'll likely happen simultaneously or soon after, which nobody has heard or mentioned anything of. That could mean it was scrapped or is under particularly tight wraps. I'm hoping for the latter

Oh man.... The hype, it burns!

s0l0kill

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

HYPE
If I were a betting man, I'd say a new PC Half Life title OR Half Life 2/1 VR Remaster edition, OR Counter Strike VR, oh shit.

Bruceleeroy

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Orange County

Seeing the endless Half Life wishes and Valve anger must have entertained you to no end. Super excited man can't wait for the trailer so you can share more info with us after

The non-VR version hopefully - the one that doesn't require selling a kidney to play. :(

Likely something to do with 3

If it is a seminal game experience I will pay whatever price to play it, fuck it.

Absolutely.

Apr 27, 2018

You're making me super excited for this event. Looking forward to it even more.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Is this finally the time that I play the Half-Life series?

Speely

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

What in the actual-- WAT???? I can't with this hype rn.

OP
OP
Nzyme32

Nzyme32

Oct 28, 2017
Most of the valve folks have either retweeted or made a quick comment. Must be great to open up about it !

less

Oct 25, 2017
I am keenly looking forward to more information about this being revealed.

Half-Life series is one of my fondest fps series and I was heavily sad over there being no sequel to HL2:EP2 for so long. Although this isn't a sequel, it is fresh and that is plenty enough for me.

It being VR focused is even more intriguing. Here's to hoping that Valve hits it out of the park.

s0l0kill

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seeing the endless Half Life wishes and Valve anger must have entertained you to no end. Super excited man can't wait for the trailer so you can share more info with us after

Likely something to do with 3

Absolutely.
No way it has something to do with 3, why would they announce a VR game to lead into the announcement of HL3? makes literally 0 sense.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
It finally happened!

Also lol at the folk bemoaning this being a VR exclusive but defend console exclusives.

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017

Congratulations!

OP
OP
Nzyme32

Nzyme32

Oct 28, 2017

Mate, I got outta surgery today. Don't put me back in just yet, damn!

CandySTX

Mar 17, 2018
Scotland
Curious about this, for sure.

My biggest concern is that it'll be sold like a demo exclusively for their thousand dollar VR kit. Not sure if that's platform begging, but it'd be a wild barrier to entry.

Moebius

Oct 28, 2017
First the new Tool album, now this? What a glorious year it has been.

What's the next crazy announcement? The completion of the Tapeworm project with Trent Reznor and Maynard?