• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Phrozenflame500

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
man i have so much skepticism over Valve's current output and the ability of VR to sustain a full AAA campaign

i guess we'll see

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017
pretty cool to see a game that was part of the orange box break out and get its own stand alone

OP
OP
Nzyme32

Nzyme32

Oct 28, 2017
You think this is finally gonna be the killer app for VR?

There are already great apps for VR, but none from an established IP of this calibre.
Fact is - no one fully understands this medium as they do traditional games, and it isn't obvious what makes a "killer app"
The stands a reasonable chance of at least pushing SteamVR forward in an even more significant way

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
hopefully they go whole hog

i want a Boneworks setup eventually, so i might as well be investing in some things now rather than later

Deleted member 18944

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You really thinks so? In this day an age with metacritic and video reviews etc.

Valve have pulled off this incredible marketing strategy of not marketing future half life projects at all, letting a fan base generate an enormous amount of communication about the franchise itself to a degree that there are thousands of comments online that exist that say "I hope i live to see the day HL3 is announced."

Like, we are at a point where I don't think many people who are obsessed with playing the next installment will even think about giving a fuck about reviews. They want to play the latest game and god dammit they will spend the money to do so.

TeenageFBI

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I actually had an Index that I returned due to nonstop technical problems. Headset not detected, USB issues, etc. I spent *hours* on it.

Sigh.

Oct 27, 2017
I've spent enough time on the internet over the last 15 years for the official announcement of a new Half-Life game to feel pretty fucking wild..

Doskoi Panda

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Let's be real, the moment modders get their hands on this there'll be a rush to make a non-VR version.
That's not exactly going to be a simple or intuitive thing to do. It'd be like trying to mod Boneworks to work with a keyboard and mouse. At worst it wouldn't work, at best it'd be insanely cumbersome, and either way you'd lose headtracking and body integration which is the entire point and which enables Boneworks to be what it is to begin with

Tatsu91

Banned
Apr 7, 2019
There are already great apps for VR, but none from an established IP of this calibre.
Fact is - no one fully understands this medium as they do traditional games, and it isn't obvious what makes a "killer app"
The stands a reasonable chance of at least pushing SteamVR forward in an even more significant way
Pretty much most VR games are a couple hour affairs if they are known IPs IE the arkham game getting a full fledged game of a known IP is what is needed for a killer App if more actual games like that might invest in it

Whide

Oct 27, 2017
Finland
Finally a new Half-Life singleplayer game from Valve.
nnvsmwgfzrt21.png

Veidt

Oct 27, 2017
Fantastic news, looking forward to learning more about what they've been building.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
i like that i refreshed the Valve twitter page and it jumped up 5k followers, with 10 people i follow following them popping up