• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Nzyme32

Oct 28, 2017
UPDATE 3 - "Half-Life: Alyx is set in the aftermath of the Combine invasion of Earth, before the return of Gordon Freeman in Half-Life 2. While it does take place before the events of Half-Life 2, we actually recommend that you play through Half-Life 2: Episode 2 before you play Half-Life: Alyx, for reasons that will become clear as you progress. It's not a side story, nor an episodic one — it's the next part of the Half-Life story, in a game around the same length as Half-Life 2. "

UPDATE 2 - INDEX OWNERS SHOULD NOT PURCHASE THE GAME - YOU WILL GET IT FREE IN MARCH 2020

UPDATE:
Full Unveiling with Geoff Keighley and Valve!

Trailer

Store Page

-------------------------

Cover Art:
alyx_coverart.jpg

Official website: https://www.half-life.com/en/alyx

Screenshots:
EJ6lWqQVAAA1r-5.jpg

EJ6lWqRU0AASlrl.jpg

EJ6lWqSUwAAWrd8.jpg

------------------
Also - welcome to Valve's official Twitter account!

Last edited:

Tregard

Oct 27, 2017
I never would have anticipated the next Half Life game would have been announced like that.

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
Wow. Sequel? I wonder. Should I finally go back and finished HL2 and EPs 1 and 2?

OP
OP
Nzyme32

Nzyme32

Oct 28, 2017
Definitely looking forward to this thanks to Valve's efforts in VR.

Regardless of the many debates on this title that are bound to come, this is bound to be something with really interesting ideas to explore for the medium