• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
...wow! the game is #4 in opencritic's 2020 hall of fame

screenshot2020-09-17aehjv3.png

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
Easily their best game they've put out. It was digital crack well before 1.0, full release is going to kill my freetime.

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
I feel like this is worth mentioning: I typically avoid roguelite/roguelike games. I just don't care for them, even when everyone praises them. I love Hades. It's incredibly crafted from top to bottom. Character designs and art direction, music and sound, voice work, dialogue, combat and all its different permutations, the flow of doing a run, the ways you can change your character/environment/interactions after dying on a run... it's just wild. There is so much content, and it's all been polished to a shine. If you like their other games, you owe it to yourself to check this out. If you get frustrated by dying (personally, I don't mind), you can turn on god mode so you become stronger each time you die. You'll eventually be able to do it for sure!

OP
OP
MadLaughter

MadLaughter

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like this is worth mentioning: I typically avoid roguelite/roguelike games. I just don't care for them, even when everyone praises them. I love Hades. It's incredibly crafted from top to bottom. Character designs and art direction, music and sound, voice work, dialogue, combat and all its different permutations, the flow of doing a run, the ways you can change your character/environment/interactions after dying on a run... it's just wild. There is so much content, and it's all been polished to a shine. If you like their other games, you owe it to yourself to check this out. If you get frustrated by dying (personally, I don't mind), you can turn on god mode so you become stronger each time you die. You'll eventually be able to do it for sure!

Well said, I often have a hard time sticking with Roguelikes but Hades has such great characters and design that it's super hard to put down.

haotshy

Oct 27, 2017
Disappointing that the Switch version apparently has some dips, but I'll most likely still pick it up today. I've been really looking forward to this one.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Having played some more of it on 1.0... Yeah, this is gonna be my favorite game this year for sure. I don't see anything topping it.

OP
OP
MadLaughter

MadLaughter

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Got the title updated a bit, added MC &OC links to the OP. If anyone has any other reviews or suggestions let me know!

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
Getting this on the upcoming paycheck day for sure, can't wait to really play this in bed.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
i've played like, 40 minutes tops on switch and i LOVE THIS GAME SO MUCH.

potential game of the year? potential game of the year.

It only gets better the more you play as you unlock more stuff! I restarted as well and it's so different early on from when you have two dashes, backstab damage, more casts, new weapons, etc.

kid_zomb

Creative Director, Supergiant Games
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Mill Valley, CA
Hey, regarding Switch frame rate -- I replied to Suriel about this on Twitter and I'll post something here. Media outlets that got prerelease Switch code from us played on a version about a month old. We could not update it on the back-end for administrative reasons. We disclosed them about this and let them know to expect a launch-day update.

The version being sold today is updated and has many improvements and optimizations. (If you're wondering "how much stuff can you really fix/improve in a month", the answer is: a lot.)

We targeted 720p 60fps for Hades for the Switch. There may be situations where it will dip from 60fps, but they should not be frequent and hopefully not distracting to your play experience overall. In other words I hope it's not like what's described in that tweet (though if your experience matches that tweet, do let me know).

nss

Apr 10, 2018
SuperGiant is incredible and Hades seems like their best playing game.

Peleo

Nov 2, 2017
Hey, regarding Switch frame rate -- I replied to Suriel about this on Twitter and I'll post something here. Media outlets that got prerelease Switch code from us played on a version about a month old. We could not update it on the back-end for administrative reasons. We disclosed them about this and let them know to expect a launch-day update.

The version being sold today is updated and has many improvements and optimizations. (If you're wondering "how much stuff can you really fix/improve in a month", the answer is: a lot.)

We targeted 720p 60fps for Hades for the Switch. There may be situations where it will dip from 60fps, but they should not be frequent and hopefully not distracting to your play experience overall. In other words I hope it's not like what's described in that tweet (though if your experience matches that tweet, do let me know).

Great to hear it's targeting 60fps! Just waiting for the cross-saves to come so I can jump in the Switch version, is the expected goal Q1 2020 for those?

kid_zomb

Creative Director, Supergiant Games
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Mill Valley, CA
Great to hear it's targeting 60fps! Just waiting for the cross-saves to come so I can jump in the Switch version, is the expected goal Q1 2020 for those?

Hey, we are targeting next month (this October) for the update that includes cross-saves. Thank you for your patience on that.

Players sometimes have questions about the exact mechanics of how it works -- I don't want to say too much about that yet because that's some of the stuff we are still sorting out as part of the final implementation. We are aiming for cross-saves to be compatible with both the Steam and Epic Games Store versions of the game. I can't say too much more for the reasons mentioned.

overcast

Oct 25, 2017
Supergiant are one of my favorite devs around. I have a Switch but kind of want to wait for this on PS4. Any idea when that will come?

Peleo

Nov 2, 2017
Hey, we are targeting next month (this October) for the update that includes cross-saves. Thank you for your patience on that.

Players sometimes have questions about the exact mechanics of how it works -- I don't want to say too much about that yet because that's some of the stuff we are still sorting out as part of the final implementation. We are aiming for cross-saves to be compatible with both the Steam and Epic Games Store versions of the game. I can't say too much more for the reasons mentioned.

Wow, that's much better than I expected, thought it would take a bit longer. Thank you for the reply and congrats on the amazing game!

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
Damn - supergiant has to be one of the most consistently well-reviewed studios working today

Rran

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
You just sold me on the game.

RPGam3r

Oct 27, 2017
I didn't know this game existed, starters watching the trailer and saw "rogue..." and noped right out. Few words make me bail on a game like that.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Also, is it diablo-ey in terms of gameplay?

It's more of an action game than Diablo is. No timer or mana management and things like that. I think it's more akin to a hack and slash type of game like Hyper Light Drifter or even Zelda (on steroids), if that helps at all. Presumably also Bastion, but I didn't play all that much of it, and it's been way too long since I played it, and oh my god where have the years gone.

Just noticed that 100% of critics recommend Hades according to OpenCritic. Impressive stuff! The game's also still sitting at 98% positive reviews on Steam, which is also wild. All well-deserved.

Last edited:

NaDannMaGoGo

Oct 25, 2017
Y'all are sounding mighty convincing. Don't have time right now but I am going to pick it up eventually it seems.

I'd play it on PC and am wondering if it supports high framerates (120 Hz+)?

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Supergiant being 4 for 4 is pretty incredible.

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
Are the levels randomly generated or is it like Dead Cells?

The stages are comprised of random rooms with random enemies in it. The layouts of the rooms themselves are static, so you'll get used to seeing each type of layout. That said the enemies and paths available will change, so it always feels fresh.

Cyanity

Oct 25, 2017
Started the game to see what it was about and 4 hours disappeared as if in the blink of an eye. What a game!

Kayotix

Oct 25, 2017
watching it since it was on Epic store, was waiting on full releae and im not disapointed. Loving it

Oct 28, 2017
Fuck, forgot this wasn't on PS4 so I didn't find it on the PSN. I always pre-order their games no wonder I haven't pre-ordered already lol

Shit looks hype!

Nimby

Oct 27, 2017
I've followed this game very loosely simply because the MC is a cutie. Literally know nothing else about it.