• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What is your favorite weapon?

• Stygius / Stygian Blade

Votes: 69 7.0%
  • Varatha / Eternal Spear

Votes: 234 23.7%
  • Aegis / Shield of Chaos

Votes: 191 19.3%
  • Coronacht / Heart-Seeking Bow

Votes: 217 22.0%
  • Malphon / Twin Fists of Malphon

Votes: 189 19.1%
  • Exagryph / Adamant Rail

Votes: 88 8.9%

• Total voters

Jisgsaw

Oct 27, 2017
Man, I'll never beat Hades lol.
Had a pretty decent run with the spear (first time I really used the cast, as I got three boons for them), got to his second phase with 3 defiance remaining (well, more like 2 as I had 3 Hp remaining). He hits like a truck on his seconde phase, got done by the stun of the... soul vases? or whatever they are.

zeldor711

Feb 11, 2020
Now that I've unlocked all weapons and potential Mirror upgrades, do they keys have a purpose anymore?

Eeyore

User requested ban
Banned
Dec 13, 2019
My thing with the shield guys is that if you have the wrong build they're about 10k times harder than anybody else in thr game.

Yeah if you don't have an attack debuff like doom or hangover they are so annoying. Anything where you can be blocked and still proc damage makes them easy.

Now that I've unlocked all weapons and potential Mirror upgrades, do they keys have a purpose anymore?
You can trade them in with the lounge vendor for ambrosia or nectar I think.

WonkyPanda

Oct 26, 2017
Man, I'll never beat Hades lol.
Had a pretty decent run with the spear (first time I really used the cast, as I got three boons for them), got to his second phase with 3 defiance remaining (well, more like 2 as I had 3 Hp remaining). He hits like a truck on his seconde phase, got done by the stun of the... soul vases? or whatever they are.
Same here. It's been demoralizing lol. That second phase is no joke.

Drek

Oct 27, 2017
Mirror respec but not really beyond that. You can trade them at the merchant, but the contractor upgrade that makes them give extra fate rolls is when they get worthwhile as room options again.

zeldor711

Feb 11, 2020
You can trade them in with the lounge vendor for ambrosia or nectar I think.
Not that I know of, besides trading in for nectar.
Mirror respec but not really beyond that. You can trade them at the merchant, but the contractor upgrade that makes them give extra fate rolls is when they get worthwhile as room options again.

Cool, thanks. Guess I've finally found something I want even less than gemstones! (Until I get the fate roll upgrade)

Zampano

The Fallen
Dec 3, 2017
I'm so bad at this game but I love it. 50 runs and I've only gotten to Hades once. That bastard Minotaur keeps messing me up and endless low damage stacks.

Drek

Oct 27, 2017
Cool, thanks. Guess I've finally found something I want even less than gemstones! (Until I get the fate roll upgrade)
Gems for contractor unlocks are a big part of softening the difficulty curve early on, and I believe some of the cosmetics are needed to level up affinity with certain characters at home, FYI.

zeldor711

Feb 11, 2020
Gems for contractor unlocks are a big part of softening the difficulty curve early on, and I believe some of the cosmetics are needed to level up affinity with certain characters at home, FYI.

Really? Good to know, I purchased the upgrades in the first tab which affect runs, but I didn't think to try any of the cosmetic ones.

Capra

Oct 25, 2017
Finally beat Extreme Measures Hades. Not sure if I'll ever do that again but I'm glad I did.

Drek

Oct 27, 2017
Really? Good to know, I purchased the upgrades in the first tab which affect runs, but I didn't think to try any of the cosmetic ones.
Not sure how far in you are but more unlock with time. Also I know of one character where after paying for a bunch of cosmetic lounge items i got a dialogue specifically referencing it and an item from them, so I'm assuming the cosmetics were part of the unlock.

xeroborn55

Oct 27, 2017
got to the credits today after ~50 runs. enjoyed every minute of it. thinking about starting a new game on switch, main save is on PC.

Wracu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Say what's the best god to start with for the fists? Using the magnet version

Demeter. But I really love chill lol...

Artemis gives the most damage and Weak is fantastic. I pretty much rush these two gods on every build (well, not certain cast builds, but Artemis is awesome on Beowulf....). Boring perhaps, but extremely strong. If using Gilgamesh really try for extra dashes too.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
what i notice most when i equip them is hermes shows up to talk shit about how slow the other gods are lmao

Ozzie

One Winged Slayer
Jan 12, 2018
Spent 40 hours on this game. Absolutely amazing. However, I think I'm done, the grind is way too much to get the epilogue and so I just watched it on YouTube. This game is definitely a 10/10.

Soma

Oct 27, 2017
San Francisco
I've beaten the last boss twice and kiiiiinda feeling the fatigue already but honestly even at this point, I feel like I've absolutely gotten my money's worth (and definitely showing up in my GOTY list somewhere)

Wracu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
rjjPpNN.png

I like big bombs and I cannot lie

(I only had Triple Bomb with this, if only I had Rocket + Quintuple launch... still, each one was hitting Hades for almost 900)

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Demeter. But I really love chill lol...

Artemis gives the most damage and Weak is fantastic. I pretty much rush these two gods on every build (well, not certain cast builds, but Artemis is awesome on Beowulf....). Boring perhaps, but extremely strong. If using Gilgamesh really try for extra dashes too.
Oh you missed, I left it to the fates and wound up with a dash strike talos combo boost driven by a Poseidon dash with 3 of the knock back boosters. It shredded things quite nicely

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I never expected a bow run to be my fastest but here we are
ZcimWy8.png

Maxxed out Chiron Bow with a bunch of critical stuff on it just melts shit. I also had support fire (an additional arrow per hit) and a boon that increased my god gauge every time I landed a critical hit. So I was basically unstoppable. Hades couldn't do shit to me. His life evaporated. Only the second time I've finished the game without dying a single time!

I think I've found my definitively favorite weapon in the game. And it's just fun and satisfying to use, and you aren't just mindlessly mashing either.

Last edited:

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
44th run and finally got Hades to second health bar.

Had a Hangover/Weak build with Dionysus as my call. Athena was my Dash. Demeter was my cast.

Had the Eris with upgrades for faster shot and rockets.

Inquisitive_Ghost

Cranky Ghost Pokemon
Oct 26, 2017
If you can get Chiron Bow with Aphrodite on the attack and Dionysis on the special and then keep focusing on their secondary and duo boons, you can absolutely melt enemies.
+dmg to Weak enemies
+3 Hangover stacks against Weak enemies

Plus the hammer upgrades for +4 special shots and quick draw w/o power shot and stuff just evaporates.

I just finished my 100th escape attempt and I have like 180 keys without focusing on them.
I mean, after a while keys become mostly worthless so all you can really do with them is save up.
Well, I was trading them all in for Nectar, so I'm starting from scratch again here.

Wracu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If you can get Chiron Bow with Aphrodite on the attack and Dionysis on the special and then keep focusing on their secondary and duo boons, you can absolutely melt enemies.
+dmg to Weak enemies

Plus the hammer upgrades for +4 special shots and quick draw w/o power shot and stuff just evaporates.

Well, I was trading them all in for Nectar, so I'm starting from scratch again here.

Well, there's also a 100 nectar theme.

ElephantShell

Oct 25, 2017
+dmg to Weak enemies

Had something similar but with Aphrodite on the special and Ares on the attack. Worked pretty well with the boon that applies doom over time on weak enemies.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Finally played an hour. Pretty good! Probably won't top Slay the Spire or Monster Train for me, but I've always been more of a card game guy anyway.

donkey

Sumo Digital Dev
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Wish they gave you an fun option to do a full run with all your boons from any completed attempt. Would love to just lay waste to early levels with some builds.

And holy crap, Blizzard Shot (Demeter/Poseidon) duo cast is insane, especially when paired with knockback and chill buffs! Melted rooms and Hades with it and I can only imagine what other setups can make it more crazy like Sea Storm.

Animus Vox

Oct 30, 2017
NYC
They're the fucking worst enemy in the entire game.
Elysium mobs in general are the hardest in the game. Forget satyrs, who are just more annoying than difficult. If you pay close attention to each of the undead warrior type enemy they're pretty dangerous on their own:
  • The shield guys have a rush attack into a spin
  • The spear guys (I believe) have a jump attack
  • Sword guys can fire off a 4 way projectile attack
  • Bow guys can target you from across the room and fire off 3 arrows in short succession
On top of this they come shielded, in groups, and can resurrect if you ignore their second form, AND as if that wasn't it, you could be getting chased down by those chariots or flame wheelers or avoiding fucking butterflies or walls of spear traps that seem to go off for like no reason!

These are the rooms where I like to run and hide and try to pick off an enemy one by one.

ScOULaris

Oct 25, 2017
So a friend of mine who has not progressed nearly as far as I have in this game came across a second dream sequence after resting in bed. I've never seen this before in all of my runs. I only caught a glimpse of it, but it seemed like a pretty involved cutscene with a room I've never seen before too. How do I trigger this? I've never been able to rest in the bed since the game prompted me to early on.

Pygrus

Oct 27, 2017
So how do i actually get the hidden aspects. I've seen credits roll and have done 48 escape attempts. Do I just need to finish the quests for the weapon?

Rutti

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
I love Zags reaction when you try to sit in Hades's chair. Like that would piss Hades off even more than the escapes.

Kientin

Oct 27, 2017
Welp. It has been a ton of fun, but I think I'm pretty much done with the game.

bDs7aAE.png

32 heat run done so I got all of Skelly's trinkets. All that's left to do really is hand out a couple more bottles of ambrosia and the never ending grind for gemstones and blood to upgrade aspects and make the house neat. The latter is probably never going to happen.

I'll probably come back for a run here and there.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
definitely feeling fatigue now but i'm uhhh 50+ runs in so I might just dial it back to one or two runs a day. What a game. I can't believe I'm still invested in these storylines and I'm STILL GETTING NEW DIALOGUE for all sortsa stuff!

I love Artemis, she's such a fangirl for every weapon and everything achilles. Pity she also wants to arrow me in the face whenever I choose someone instead of her... sorry girl but your arrows are just fairly easy to avoid...

Oct 25, 2017
So how do i actually get the hidden aspects. I've seen credits roll and have done 48 escape attempts. Do I just need to finish the quests for the weapon?
-->
Stealing from the Supergiant Discord:
How to unlock the 4th Aspect of each weapon so far:

- Varatha: Aspect of Guan Yu. Acquire the Fated List, unlock at least 5 other aspects, and fight Hades at least once (outcome is irrelevant). Achilles should tell you more in a conversation soon after that. "I see you through the eyes of the crimson phoenix."

- Stygius: Aspect of Arthur. Unlock the Aspect of Guan Yu, then invest at least 5 Titan Blood into any Blade aspects. Nyx should tell you more in a conversation soon after that. "I see your kingly pardon from a prison of stone."

- Aegis: Aspect of Beowulf. Unlock the Aspect of Guan Yu, then invest at least 5 Titan Bloods into any Shield aspects. Chaos should tell you more in a conversation soon after that. "I see you stand your ground against the serpent's flame."

- Coronacht: Aspect of Rama. Unlock the Aspect of Guan Yu, then invest at least 5 Titan Bloods into any Bow aspects. Artemis should tell you more in a conversation soon after that. "I see you drawn in the arms of the seventh avatar."

- Exagryph: Aspect of Lucifer. Unlock the Aspect of Guan Yu, then invest at least 5 Titan Bloods into any Rail aspects. Speak with Zeus while having Exagryph equipped at least once (he must comment about it). He should tell you more in another conversation soon after that. "I see your prideful fall down from the heavens to the flames."

Note: Your affinity with these characters is not relevant to unlocking the 4th aspects.
Basically you have to spam conversations, but the spear has to be the first one.

Edit-
The list doesn't have Fists! Well, it's the same deal as the other ones, just gotta talk with Asterius, in the solo fight against him. It might require using them while talking to him first like the Exagryph, not 100% on that one.

Bossun

Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
Man After 36 runs I finally got to the end with Zagreus Spear. And then it took me 3 runs to finish with the normal now and 2 with the normal Spear. I réel liké I am on a winning streak. Almost got it with the blade too. I'm probably gonna 100% this game...

Proc

Oct 25, 2017
This game is so damn good. Just unlocked all the weapons tonight. It's so easy to do just one more run. I'll often start out hunting for something and then get pulled into another hour of gameplay. It's so damn good.

Here's hoping they expand on it in the months to come. I've already played well passed 8 hours and I bought it a couple days ago.

kami_sama

Oct 26, 2017
Elysium mobs in general are the hardest in the game. Forget satyrs, who are just more annoying than difficult. If you pay close attention to each of the undead warrior type enemy they're pretty dangerous on their own:
  • Bow guys can target you from across the room and fire off 3 arrows in short succession
On top of this they come shielded, in groups, and can resurrect if you ignore their second form, AND as if that wasn't it, you could be getting chased down by those chariots or flame wheelers or avoiding fucking butterflies or walls of spear traps that seem to go off for like no reason!

These are the rooms where I like to run and hide and try to pick off an enemy one by one.
Oh yeah, the bow ones are also pretty annoying they can melt you is there's too many of them. At. Least they die quickly if you manage to get to them.

Baphomet

Dec 8, 2018
Seriously, when I am getting this Achilles conversation about the hidden spear aspect , I've beaten Hades like 7 times already and always talk to him and still nothing (and I have spare a lot of titan blood on other weapon aspects as well).

Herb Alpert

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Paris, France

I had recently a run where I was doing decently until elysium, then I reached a room with butterflies, bow undead warriors and everything turned suddenly to shit. I think I used 2 death defiances and lost all my hopes to clear the run...