• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What is your favorite weapon?

• Stygius / Stygian Blade

Votes: 69 7.0%
  • Varatha / Eternal Spear

Votes: 234 23.6%
  • Aegis / Shield of Chaos

Votes: 191 19.3%
  • Coronacht / Heart-Seeking Bow

Votes: 218 22.0%
  • Malphon / Twin Fists of Malphon

Votes: 190 19.2%
  • Exagryph / Adamant Rail

Votes: 88 8.9%

• Total voters

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
It kinda sucks you get nothing out of fully bonding with some people. You'd think you have some kind of permanent discount with Charon at least.

Lumination

Oct 26, 2017
Cleared for the first time with my first time using the fists. What was the boon screen at the end about? You could pick 5 to... display? Does that save anywhere?

Now I need to dig into how damage calculations work. I got some hammer buffs that cite base damages, but without numbers right there to compare them to, I sometimes had no idea how much of an improvement they would be. And are damage buffs multiplicative or additive? Sometimes it felt like the numbers were way too high for the buffs I had. Maybe that was the cumulative number I saw.

empty feat

Oct 29, 2017
Yorkshire, UK
It kinda sucks you get nothing out of fully bonding with some people. You'd think you have some kind of permanent discount with Charon at least.
Yea, especially when some of them cost a ton of ambrosia. Should give their item a 4th tier to work towards or something.

On this note
is there more nuance to the final section of bonds than it seems. Like, when I first maxed Meg it said lover next to her description at the talisman cabinet, but since maxing a few others that has gone. Also they build up to a potential further relationship with Than that amounts to a bunch of nothing.

ara

Oct 26, 2017

I agree, it really would've been nice to get something from that. Maybe a discount from Charon, like you said, better chances for higher rarity boons from the Olympus gods, etc.

That said, I haven't maxed many yet. A ton of them have locks on their hearts right now. I guess I should do some suicide runs so I get to talk to everyone more often or something? While I can't come up with a necessarily better way to do this, I feel like this side of the progression is a bit half-baked. Feels like something's wrong when the player wants to fail purposefully multiple times in a row.

Afrocious

Oct 27, 2017
I reached the final boss the other day. Almost got him down but of course, didn't know there was another phase.

Mukrab

Apr 19, 2020
Spending resources to force certain rooms/characters to spawn during a run would've been nice, specially since after a few hours darkness and keys become throwaway currencies.
Wouldn't make a lot of sense in the current state. Not saying I like it but those resources become useless when it comes to meaningful upgrades. But there is stuff to spend it on. You need 360k Darkness if you want all the titles. It costs other stuff too on top of darkness like keys, depending on which rank.

Xeteh

Oct 27, 2017
First boon on a new run.

04C6C0FB8338741CD820497D714EF07B9742B09C

Thanks fish uncle.

Oct 25, 2017
Wouldn't make a lot of sense in the current state. Not saying I like it but those resources become useless when it comes to meaningful upgrades. But there is stuff to spend it on. You need 360k Darkness if you want all the titles. It costs other stuff too on top of darkness like keys, depending on which rank.
Having more than one resource sink isn't what I call "not making sense", specially having one that stops people from doing death runs (something that is much more nonsensical) or from dropping the narrative because of RNG fuckery.

The titles are pure bragging rights crap that nobody who would prefer spend darkness to not have to do 20 runs to find Thanatos will care about.

Oct 25, 2017
That boon also removes the limitation of not having a fishing spot 2 rooms in a row, IIRC. Honestly, great to have better chance at finding surface fishes ;_;

azfaru

Banned
Dec 1, 2017
Still addicted to this game lol. About a few runs deep after the post-game and it's still giving me some interesting scenes with certain characters. I'm working on getting nectars to give everyone now. What are everyone else's post-game habits like? Is it worth it doing the skelly statue heat runs?

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Went to visit Eurydice

Eurydice and Orpheus were singing an acoustic rendition of It's in the Blood

cnvybjt.png

Oct 27, 2017
I have almost 30 clears. When am I getting the prologue?

After specific dialogue from Demeter and Zeus and you've exhausted the conversations with the parents from after the credits and the count of hearts for the Olympians is at least one each and a min of ten runs (I'm basing this off of the .lua file someone mentioned on Steam)

hans_castorp

Oct 27, 2017
A fully upgraded Chiron bow is nuts. It's crazy the dps you get. And I dont even like using the bow.

Now time to farm more blood to upgrade the Bowgun and the Shield

donkey

Sumo Digital Dev
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
K, finally gave Extreme Measures at MAX a go. Fuck me it's a bit of an ask, haha. Just gotta try to play smarter with all the bs that's thrown out.

Arrrammis

Oct 25, 2017
Haha, I love how Chaos boons can work. I wanted some darkness to dump into the endgame stuff, and so started a heat 0 run and went for Chaos whenever possible...
muPTmxk.png

Ended up with over 2,000 darkness from the one run, what a rush

The amount from the final boss alone:
vboNsv8.png

DevilPuncher

"This guy are sick" and Aggressively Mediocre
Oct 25, 2017
10 hours played and can't get past boss number 3. Any advice friends?
Always target Asterius first. Theseus always gets his buff at half health regardless of whether Asterius has been defeated or not, so always focus Asterius first. As you're focusing Asterius, use the pillars in the arena to dodge Theseus' spear. Once Asterius is down, keep using the pillars to avoid Theseus' spear and get in as much damage as you can. As long as you're somewhat patient in this, you'll always be able to win it. Took me quite some time to beat it as well, so no worries.

Soma

Oct 27, 2017
San Francisco
oh. my. god.

chiron bow + relentless volley upgrade (i had no idea that existed til now) + artemis support fire & deadly flourish

arrows for dayyyyyyssss

Xeteh

Oct 27, 2017
Always target Asterius first. Theseus always gets his buff at half health regardless of whether Asterius has been defeated or not, so always focus Asterius first. As you're focusing Asterius, use the pillars in the arena to dodge Theseus' spear. Once Asterius is down, keep using the pillars to avoid Theseus' spear and get in as much damage as you can. As long as you're somewhat patient in this, you'll always be able to win it. Took me quite some time to beat it as well, so no worries.

Just going to echo DevilPuncher. Kiting Asterius around the map while focusing on him and ignoring Theseus (unless he's right there for a shot or two) is the play. Hide behind pillars when you're being targeted and stand near a wall when Asterius charges and then dash through him last second to have him slam in to it. Once he's down you can play super cowardly with Theseus if you want, whenever he recalls his spear he walks away for like a second or two so you can hit him a couple times and then hide behind a pillar again, then repeat.

TeenageFBI

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I didn't know how weapon upgrades worked and spent my blood wrong, can that be reset? :(
No, but you can grind for more if you really need it.

Early on I traded one blood for two hundred gems at the broker guy. I thought I got a new one every time I cleared the first boss. That was a bad idea.

Sardello

Oct 30, 2017
I have all keepsakers, one excluded (Sigil of the Dead from Hades). How do I get it? After giving the character the first nectar, I never see the option to offer him anything else. There is some particular condition that shall be met?

eek

Oct 26, 2017

Fight in the ring around the pillars (outside). You can ignore shield boy for the first half, you actually don't want to really damage him if you can avoid it because his 2nd phase will be really annoying with two people. Anyway there are two things you want keep in the back of your mind.

1) positioning of shield boy
2) the reticle that appears on zag when you're about to be hit

Basically you want to focus on fighting Asterius but keep a pillar between shield boy if possible (that's where #1 comes in). Whenever there is a reticle directly on you start dodging to avoid spear attacks.

After you get rid of asterius the fight becomes a lot more simple. Your goal is to bait spear attacks. After he throws his spear he'll turn his back on you and you cna get hits in. If you get close he does a spin attack but it's pretty telegraphed so you can do that as well. The 2nd phase is more of the same just bait the spear attacks then attack when turned but you'll have to dodge ground effects at the same time.

Mr.Fletcher

Nov 18, 2017
UK
Up to five clears now. Defeated the final boss three times in a row - then lost to them. Had pretty bad RNG. I knew going into the fight I just didn't have enough damage.

Starting to think I should go for Chaos whenever I get them early doors. Getting through the first couple of sections is easy, so getting those permanent damage boosts can be super worth it.

Salty Catfish

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Is there something in particular I have to do in order to start giving people Ambrosia? I'm through a few post-credits runs, pretty much all non-Olympian characters maxed out up to the locked heart, but it's still not an option with anyone. Do I have to just keep dying/winning and coming back to the House of Hades? I've got 19 of those suckers saved up and I want to start using them.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
This is by far the most broke build I've experienced yet. Five dashes means I'm doing five tidal dashes in what feels like less than one second, plus I never have to reload, plus I'm also doing lightning strikes and support fire as I move. Hades was just me mindlessly mashing fire/dash and circling around him. That's it. 95% of whatever damage he was trying to do me didn't register for some reason. A true WTF moment.

zZYpph9.png

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Just have the fists left for a no heat clear, did spear with a funky boon mix last night. Now what boon should I use as a base I have all the Olympian keepsakes... not sure which goes best with the fists, I have the magnet effect on em

Ozzie

One Winged Slayer
Jan 12, 2018
Soo...when does this game end lol? I already got the credits. The amount of dialogue this game has in insane. Already sunk 35 hours.

On a side note, I did 8 heats for the punishment pact and the reward from Skelly...lmao.

Tomasdk

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Just had my easiest spear run yet, thanks to Exploding Launcher and a few Speical boosting boons. It was incredible, I never even had to use Death defiance. Runs like this make up for some of the awful ones heh.

Rutti

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
I got my first clear today with the fists. First time using them too lol. I might try to clear with the sword now.

Jinfash

Oct 27, 2017
I play the games for 20+ hrs and I've watched the credits roll. I love everything about the standard mode but I'm super curious about God Mode after reason an article about it.

If I turn the setting on, will I have start on the resistance from scratch or will it take into consideration my existing death count? And if I turn it off, will everything go back to normal or will it overwrite the default stats but just not add more resistance points upon further deaths?

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I play the games for 20+ hrs and I've watched the credits roll. I love everything about the standard mode but I'm super curious about God Mode after reason an article about it.

If I turn the setting on, will I have start on the resistance from scratch or will it take into consideration my existing death count? And if I turn it off, will everything go back to normal or will it overwrite the default stats but just not add more resistance points upon further deaths?
God mode gives you 20% extra defense. It works like a boon you have equipped. The boon gains an additional 2% every time you get a game over. It's not retroactive. If you disable it it's as if nothing had happened, you go back to your regular game. (it will remember whatever gains it made while you had it equipped though if you enable god mode again).

Last edited:

Wracu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's really crazy how much alternate dialogue there is in the game. I've consistently rejected Artemis when there are two boons to pick up and she has said a completely different thing to me each time. In fact last time she was all like "oh I'm used to your bullshit now!" lol.

How do you think a game with this graphics style and amount of maps manages to be 15gb or whatever? It's all audio files.

I was kind of bummed when the narration after you beat Hades started to repeat. I think it took about 40 clears.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
How do you think a game with this graphics style and amount of maps manages to be 15gb or whatever? It's all audio files.

I was kind of bummed when the narration after you beat Hades started to repeat. I think it took about 40 clears.
I guess you have a point there, but the amount of work that went into this is still astounding.

Jinfash

Oct 27, 2017
God mode gives you 20% extra defense. It works like a boon you have equipped. The boon gains an additional 2% every time you get a game over. It's not retroactive. If you disable it it's as if nothing had happened, you go back to your regular game. (it will remember whatever gains it made while you had it equipped though if you enable god mode again).
Ah, got it! I guess I have to build the resistance. I suck at the gun, so maybe I'll make it gun exclusive.