• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What is your favorite weapon?

• Stygius / Stygian Blade

Votes: 69 7.0%
  • Varatha / Eternal Spear

Votes: 234 23.7%
  • Aegis / Shield of Chaos

Votes: 191 19.3%
  • Coronacht / Heart-Seeking Bow

Votes: 217 22.0%
  • Malphon / Twin Fists of Malphon

Votes: 189 19.1%
  • Exagryph / Adamant Rail

Votes: 88 8.9%

• Total voters

Odesu

Oct 26, 2017
  • Casts are just a really weird mechanic. I've never found casts particularly useful or interesting. Attacks and Specials just get you so far?

This REALLY changes the more Casts you unlock and the more you experiment with Cast abilities. I had a fully upgraded "Festive Cloud" Cast with 4 casts available, 150 damage everytime a cast dislogded from an enemy AND reduced time until a cast dislodges. I was just melting through everything, barely had to use my other attacks anymore.

Zephyx

Oct 28, 2017
Finished the game at around 40 hours or so. I am in post game doing a myriad of things:
- Finishing some quests but not sure how many questlines there are.
- Testing out defensive builds. I think I already played with most of the offensive builds with all weapons though I haven't maxed out all weapons yet.
- Collecting and giving our nectar for everyone.
- Maxing out all weapon aspects.

Current running time is around 50+ hours. I think I'm in my 50th+ run or so but I lost track of it since I just kept playing after a run. Pretty addictive game. It's like Slay the Spire on crack.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
post game stuff is actually kinda souring me on the game tbh, too much RNG involved for the quests and whatnot. In fact, it's getting to the point I feel like just doing suicide runs just to come back to the base and trigger the next conversations in hopes I get what I need, and thats just...well thats just silly :/

edit: as I say it, I did exactly that (a suicide run just to trigger things) and it worked lol. Finally unlocked Varatha's 4th aspect (turns out you need to put titans blood into 5 DIFFERENT aspects, not just 5 titans blood in other weapons, as in, maxing out 1 aspect of another weapon doesnt count, so that's my bad) and... I don't get it?

It barely does more dmg than the normal ones, if it even does more dmg at all (the attack does more dmg per strike but its slower so im not sure if it actually results in more DPS, and the special also does more dmg (45 vs 31) but it doesnt return so it actually does LESS dmg (since usually its 31+31).

So all that AND you walk around with 70% (!) less life and 70% less healing / life upgrades?

Last edited:

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Can consistently get to Hades now, but can't beat his first form.

I also constantly lose two death defys in the Satyr caves. That poison suckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkks!

Deleted member 52442

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 24, 2019
What does clicking my boons in my "B" menu and putting that gold thing on them do? Just started today but already 10 hours in

PeterVenkman

Oct 25, 2017
must've stumbled on a great balance of mirror upgrades and muscle memory because I'm on a 12 win streak. I think it'll drop once I'm forced to add some of the tougher punishments, but the extra enemy health, free first two hits and early extreme measures are all pretty tame.

just had a weird run where I wanted to try going all in on one active ability - so I got thunder flourish on my spear, and leveled it up to level 13. Got vicious skewer and charged skewer too, plus a few Zeus passives for jolt, but no attack, dash or call. It wasn't an amazing build, but funny nonetheless, and a great hard counter to Theseus and the shield enemies.

NabiscoFelt

One Winged Slayer
Aug 15, 2019
post game stuff is actually kinda souring me on the game tbh, too much RNG involved for the quests and whatnot. In fact, it's getting to the point I feel like just doing suicide runs just to come back to the base and trigger the next conversations in hopes I get what I need, and thats just...well thats just silly :/

edit: as I say it, I did exactly that (a suicide run just to trigger things) and it worked lol. Finally unlocked Varatha's 4th aspect (turns out you need to put titans blood into 5 DIFFERENT aspects, not just 5 titans blood in other weapons, as in, maxing out 1 aspect of another weapon doesnt count, so that's my bad) and... I don't get it?

It barely does more dmg than the normal ones, if it even does more dmg at all (the attack does more dmg per strike but its slower so im not sure if it actually results in more DPS, and the special also does more dmg (45 vs 31) but it doesnt return so it actually does LESS dmg (since usually its 31+31).

So all that AND you walk around with 70% (!) less life and 70% less healing / life upgrades?
Yeah, Guan Yu is weird, honestly. Though like I've said here, I had a really fun run using the Charged Skewer hammer upgrade, where I was one-shotting enemies even in Elysium. Even then though, I was pretty close to losing the run. Even taking all the hearts I could, I got to Hades with like 68 health, which, I mean, is really fragile

But overall, it's the only one of the legendary aspects that I'd kinda consider a straight downgrade over most of the other aspects of the weapons, especially at the first couple levels. Technically maxing it out apparently lowers the life and healing cut to 50%, but even then, the downgrade just seems like a lot.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Just have the spear left for base beats. Then I think I'll do a fourth aspect sword run. But done for the night
Can consistently get to Hades now, but can't beat his first form.

I also constantly lose two death defys in the Satyr caves. That poison suckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkks!
Have you been using the cure springs?

Oct 26, 2017
lmao, Aspect of Poseidon + high power Special+max Casts from Mirror+extra cast from Chaos+Exit Wounds+Fully Loaded deals so much damage so fast. Got very lucky to get Exit Wounds and Fully Loaded at the end of my run.

deimosmasque

Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Just have the spear left for base beats. Then I think I'll do a fourth aspect sword run. But done for the night

Have you been using the cure springs?
Yes. But it the hectic battles it can be hard to tell where it is. I once dashed to it and away because my eyes were focused on an attack and I thought it was just some of the ambient green mist instead of the spring. Wish the mist off it was blue or something to more clearly see it.

RiOrius

Oct 27, 2017
This REALLY changes the more Casts you unlock and the more you experiment with Cast abilities. I had a fully upgraded "Festive Cloud" Cast with 4 casts available, 150 damage everytime a cast dislogded from an enemy AND reduced time until a cast dislodges. I was just melting through everything, barely had to use my other attacks anymore.
Wait, do the Festive Cloud casts trigger Exit Wounds? I thought they didn't count as being attached to enemies, but rather were just in an area. Also meaning they wouldn't trigger Boiling Blood.

I really wish I could turn on Boons when fighting Skelly. There are some interactions I'd really like to get a better handle on. Like, the Artemis boon that gives you bonus God Gauge for crits, but it says it's giving you, like, 0.25% or something... I have no idea what that's saying. I get 0.25% of my God Gauge every time I get a crit? So if I get a hundred crits, that's enough for one Call? That seems... low.

Yes. But it the hectic battles it can be hard to tell where it is. I once dashed to it and away because my eyes were focused on an attack and I thought it was just some of the ambient green mist instead of the spring. Wish the mist off it was blue or something to more clearly see it.
Part of it is just learning the rooms, and you'll get better at knowing where the springs are. But also, respect the rats and keep your distance: as long as you don't get too close you'll be fine. Fear the satyrs with their tiny little poison darts. The other enemies aren't so bad: their attacks are more telegraphed.

But yeah, those satyrs, they're annoying.

eek

Oct 26, 2017
The hidden aspect on the gun is kind of neat. I had a run where I got the 3x special and got festive fog on my cast. Found out that festive fog can trigger the special so I could just spam special then cast right on top of it to trigger 3x immediately on anything LOL

deimosmasque

Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Wait, do the Festive Cloud casts trigger Exit Wounds? I thought they didn't count as being attached to enemies, but rather were just in an area. Also meaning they wouldn't trigger Boiling Blood.

I really wish I could turn on Boons when fighting Skelly. There are some interactions I'd really like to get a better handle on. Like, the Artemis boon that gives you bonus God Gauge for crits, but it says it's giving you, like, 0.25% or something... I have no idea what that's saying. I get 0.25% of my God Gauge every time I get a crit? So if I get a hundred crits, that's enough for one Call? That seems... low.

Part of it is just learning the rooms, and you'll get better at knowing where the springs are. But also, respect the rats and keep your distance: as long as you don't get too close you'll be fine. Fear the satyrs with their tiny little poison darts. The other enemies aren't so bad: their attacks are more telegraphed.

But yeah, those satyrs, they're annoying.
Yeah I swear I get the big rats in the small rooms each time. In seconds they cover the entire floor with poison. They only seem to do this when I have a melee only weapon. Never when I have the shield, spear, bow or gun.

I'll get there. There was a time I never thought I would regularly get to Hades and here I am. Hell Theseus and the Minotaur only annoy me now because they are damage sinks. Used to be I couldnt get close to beating them.

Also damn this game. Switch them out for Heracles or Perseus. All the other bosses change people or tactics, why not them.

eek

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah I swear I get the big rats in the small rooms each time. In seconds they cover the entire floor with poison. They only seem to do this when I have a melee only weapon. Never when I have the shield, spear, bow or gun.

I'll get there. There was a time I never thought I would regularly get to Hades and here I am. Hell Theseus and the Minotaur only annoy me now because they are damage sinks. Used to be I couldnt get close to beating them.

Also damn this game. Switch them out for Heracles or Perseus. All the other bosses change people or tactics, why not them.
Depending on your build the rats are super annoying in those small rooms. If you can't burst DPS or have interrupts they go nuts and cover the ground with poison.

I usually spam cast right when I'm entering the room then try to use all my high dps stuff immediately to try to burst something down even before I see what's in the room lol.

deimosmasque

Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Depending on your build the rats are super annoying in those small rooms. If you can't burst DPS or have interrupts they go nuts and cover the ground with poison.

I usually spam cast right when I'm entering the room then try to use all my high dps stuff immediately to try to burst something down even before I see what's in the room lol.
I've been doing Demeter/Ares Builds lately. Demeter's cast is amazing, her call not so much.

Right now I'm in the middle of an Demeter cast, Artemis and Aphrodite duo build. The bow multifires in there directions. I just got to Elysium. I'm extremely confident.

VaIdor

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 5, 2020
Sol System
Is this game similar to Dead Cells? I only played it for a few hours and enjoyed my time but this games aesthetic seems dope.

Wracu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't understand why more people don't talk about Aspect of Beowulf. It's fucking godmode.

Wracu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is this game similar to Dead Cells? I only played it for a few hours and enjoyed my time but this games aesthetic seems dope.

I mean, kind of?

Dead Cells has far better gameplay (though I'm sure others will disagree), but this game does all the other stuff better. Like the presentation is way beyond most, if not all other, rogue-like/lites.

I prefer Dead Cells, but this is a lot of fun.

Oct 25, 2017

I'm pretty sure that the spear just sucks. I want to like it, but none of the variants seem to really do anything to make it better at DPS and yeah Guan Yu just sucks flat out.

Oct 25, 2017
Aspect of Achilles is very good with casts once it is leveled up.

I've been using that one, and I think it's my favorite option, but it's not a game changer in the same way that other aspects of other weapons are.

The boost you get from the bull rush doesn't feel nearly as strong as the boost you get from the magnetic fists after special and the instant boost you get with casts on the Hera bow or the Beowulf shield feel more satisfying to use to me.

Wracu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've been using that one, and I think it's my favorite option, but it's not a game changer in the same way that other aspects of other weapons are.

The boost you get from the bull rush doesn't feel nearly as strong as the boost you get from the magnetic fists after special and the instant boost you get with casts on the Hera bow or the Beowulf shield feel more satisfying to use to me.

I mean, factually, the boost from Achilles is far stronger than Magnetic Fists. It's not even close (150% vs. 40%). I honestly just buff the special when using that fist aspect because you can just abuse enemies by dragging them around and infinite backstab. Only a few aspects make focusing on attack worthwhile, and that isn't one of them imo (just use Gilgamesh, though that's as much or more dash-strike I guess).

And it's even more lopsided because boons that boost attack are the weakest by far. And attack base damage is typically pathetic (unless you're using Aspect of Arthur).

Oct 25, 2017
Correct me if I'm wrong Wracu but it's 150% for 4 attacks vs 40% for a number of seconds (with a much quicker hitting weapon) right?

That's why on my entirely non-scientific scale of 'how fast did that thing go away' I give it to the gloves every time.

I do love Aspect of Arthur's damage numbers. Last time I had Artemis on the attack and would get over a thousand on crits.

eek

Oct 26, 2017
I think the problem is some of the weapons are pretty decently well-rounded and some of them are bad until you get the exact right set of hammers/boons and some need TWO of the right hammer upgrades to feel good which is really tough to put together due to RNG.

Jan 4, 2018
Ending a run early tonight, but have gotten incredibly lucky with boons. Started a run with the Adamant Rail and got a Daedalus Hammer as my first boon. Took Spread Shot. Then got an Artemis Boon in with crit chance on Attack. Then got a Chaos Boon with increased Dash-Strike Damage. Then got Deflect Dash from Artemis. Haven't had to touch my Special or Cast yet, Dash Strike is doing a ton of work.

Wracu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
On a training dummy it might lose out over some time period, I don't know. In reality, Achilles with Hunting Blades literally does 3.5k damage per 3-4 casts while you can just hide.

40% on top of crap base damage and crap modifiers is just meh. You can easily make the special itself hit far harder, at much better range. You can literally attack from behind walls and repeatedly smash the enemy for wall damage. Etc etc.

But once I unlocked Gilgamesh I don't use other fists. It's way too much fun.

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2017
Finished a run with an anemic attack, cast and special vs Hades but good on adds. It was saved by really carefully anticipating Hades attacks, get adds and bombs down immediately and mainly Aphrodite's Call with an epic boon that reduces the time it activates. That thing just takes a chunk out of the him everytime. Much luck as well cause I didnt have death defiance left and really low health.

Wracu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Finished a run with an anemic attack, cast and special vs Hades but good on adds. It was saved by really carefully anticipating Hades attacks, get adds and bombs down immediately and mainly Aphrodite's Call with an epic boons that reduces the time it activates. That thing just takes a chunk out of the him everytime. Much luck as well cause I didnt have death defiance left and really low health.

Aphrodite and Artemis (with Crit luck)... Their calls are honestly too strong. It is absolutely stupid how much damage they can do (try this for fun: manage to get one of them in Tartarus and it pretty much will 1 shot the boss. Ditto Lernie last phase).

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
ok got Dusa past her locked heart, hopefully it will be smooth sailing with her now. Now for the other 5... also got some dialogue with Orpheus about learning to play the Lyre, but... I still can't play it lol.

>_>

Zephyx

Oct 28, 2017
Finished a run lately with a special build using Rail's hidden aspect. Used Demeter boon in the special with the Daedalus upgrade of 3 consecutive specials and the chill effect just stacks so fast. Also got the blast effect on max chill so that was additional damage. I think I beat Hades without using any of my death defiances.

poptire

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Picked this up on account of Jim Sterling and I'm really enjoying it. It's the perfect kind of roguelite that doesn't feel too punishing. I managed to make it to the snake boss on my third life with the spear and a heroic boon I can't quite remember the name of. Divine something.

Anyway, it's great so far. Really dig the character interactions and how silly it all is. Kinda getting Bastion vibes and that's a really good thing.

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Finished a run lately with a special build using Rail's hidden aspect. Used Demeter boon in the special with the Daedalus upgrade of 3 consecutive specials and the chill effect just stacks so fast. Also got the blast effect on max chill so that was additional damage. I think I beat Hades without using any of my death defiances.
I stopped a run using a lot of these similar boons...just made it to the surface tonight for the first time and got bopped by Hades, so I'm finally getting a taste of Demeter's powers and I really dig them. Love her crystal beam casts. Hope I can make it through Elysium at least when I continue my run tomorrow.

Budi

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
Bought this on the Switch, but didn't have much time with it yet. Seems to play well and I like the presentation. Any tips for a beginner? Something you wish you had noticed or known about earlier? This isn't my typical genre either, so more general advice is also welcome.

azfaru

Dec 1, 2017
I can't stop playing nor thinking about this game. Losing so much sleep it's pretty bad lol. And haven't even reached the credits yet.

Tried out the gun for the second time now. Still can't get a good run. The reloading system adds another to-do list in the chaos of combat it's really clunky. I got a no-reload upgrade the first time which helped out a lot, hoping my next run will have that.

Also had a run with the sword using two hammer upgrades that I will swear not to pick again. The one that made your attacks a single big chop and the special that hurls you forward. Reeeeally stunts the flow of combat with it. Managed to squeeze out a clutch win.

And btw, having 8 heat to unlock that new trinket (whatever it is) seems almost impossible lol. So difficult! What's an "easy" heat list to go with. I usually take the extra for damage and increased gold price so far.

Oct 25, 2017
Got to the final boss after my 14th run, using the spear. I must have had an intensely poor build, because he still had like 20% hp after I went through 2 death defiances.

empty feat

Oct 29, 2017
Yorkshire, UK
Bought this on the Switch, but didn't have much time with it yet. Seems to play well and I like the presentation. Any tips for a beginner? Something you wish you had noticed or known about earlier? This isn't my typical genre either, so more general advice is also welcome.
Give everyone you meet a nectar, one each for the time being. Dashing has invincibility frames so always be dashing, dash through enemies rather than away from them so you can get backstab attacks. Athena boons are very beginner friendly since they deflect attacks.

Oh also calls (your ZR attack) are much better fully charged. Took me a good 15+ runs to realise that haha.

Rodelero

Oct 27, 2017
I can't stop playing nor thinking about this game. Losing so much sleep it's pretty bad lol. And haven't even reached the credits yet.

Tried out the gun for the second time now. Still can't get a good run. The reloading system adds another to-do list in the chaos of combat it's really clunky. I got a no-reload upgrade the first time which helped out a lot, hoping my next run will have that.

Also had a run with the sword using two hammer upgrades that I will swear not to pick again. The one that made your attacks a single big chop and the special that hurls you forward. Reeeeally stunts the flow of combat with it. Managed to squeeze out a clutch win.

And btw, having 8 heat to unlock that new trinket (whatever it is) seems almost impossible lol. So difficult! What's an "easy" heat list to go with. I usually take the extra for damage and increased gold price so far.

So I completed 16 Heat last night, for 8 I'd recommend:

Tight Deadline (1)
Extreme Measures (1)
Routine Inspection (1)
Damage Control (2)

Tight Deadline 1 is pretty much a freebie unless you play very slowly. Extreme Measures will make the first boss fight harder but it probably won't trouble anyone who can regularly get to the final boss. Routine inspection isn't that significant at level one, especially if you haven't fully levelled the mirror. Damage control is a bit annoying and will slow you down but fairly minor in the general scheme of things.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Not super far into this (only 3-4 runs I think, beat Hydra on my first try!) but at the moment I'm feeling like this is basically my dream game, it just checks every box for a satisfying and enjoyable experience for me, and I say that as someone who has really hasn't found many Rouge-likes that I like so far (Dead Cells being the only one I've put much time in).
  • It has a satisfying progression system (per-run and permanent upgrades).
  • The gameplay is fairly simple, but has depth. I really like that you mainly just use the face buttons and left analog stick for most actions. Games like Enter the Gungeon are hard right off the bat for me (especially on Switch) when I need to be moving with left analog, aiming with right, shooting with one trigger and using another button to dodge (and probably other stuff I'm forgetting about). Those types of games can get a bit overwhelming, especially if their difficulties ramp up too fast.
  • The gameplay is also satisfying, it has a good feel and flow to it.
  • The difficulty curve feels satisfying and fair. Maybe later in the game I'll get tired of doing the "easy" early areas, but so far each run has felt like a fair build up.
  • The story seems enjoyable so far. It's simple, but I have a feeling as more characters are introduced or get more depth it'll get even better.
  • Great graphics, sound design, and voice acting.
Hades actually weirdly reminds me a lot of a mobile game called Archero I was playing for a while. It's a bit similar in structure (rogue-like, progress from room to room, get run-based upgrades, spend currencies on permanent upgrades, etc).
But where that game eventually failed for me was the difficulty curve ramping up until you just can't progress without grinding to upgrade your equipment/weapons (or paying for it, which is the goal of most F2P mobile games). And it also lacked a story( that I can remember), a notable artstyle, and the gameplay wasn't nearly as satisfying (all you did was move and stop moving to auto shoot at whatever enemy is closest I think).

I've always wanted to get hooked on a rogue style game (whether full Rogue, - like, or - lite) that basically gives me a huge amount of replayability, and this seems to be one of the first I can see myself losing a lot of time to.

Gray

Oct 25, 2017
Finally beat Hades after 28 attempts and about 28 hours with the game. What's the next milestone? Beat him with every weapon?

Muffin

Oct 26, 2017
I was a bit down on Hades Sunday evening, because I wasnt getting anywhere with the last boss with 3 death defiance and skellys item and only really have the boon chance darkness upgrades left.

Then on Monday after working overtime I think to myself "Let's just do one run today."

Picked Coronacht because of the extra resources, havent even invested any titan blood into it. Not my favorite weapon, I love the spear. Also took with me the Spear tip item that makes you invulnerable after getting damaged for the first time.

I didnt even expect to make it past Elysium tbh.
In the end I entered the Hades fight with two death defiance left.

Behold:
1145360_screenshots_2fpksb.jpg

I got some boons I tell you. The festive fog just did great damage. I didnt use my normal bow attack on Hades a single time, I just basically shotgunned him with the Bow special, which did Lightning damage and an insane amount of normal damage because of Concentrated Volley. I got 3 extra dashes from a Hermes boon, so 5 dashes to avoid most damage. My dashes inflicted weak and charm.

Heroic Festive Fog + Bow Shotgun + 5 dashes + Aphrodite call at max = easy win, only used one of my two death defiances.

Whew.

Was my 20th attempt, I think.

Xevross

Oct 28, 2017
I was a bit down on Hades Sunday evening, because I wasnt getting anywhere with the last boss with 3 death defiance and skellys item and only really have the boon chance darkness upgrades left.

Then on Monday after working overtime I think to myself "Let's just do one run today."

Picked Coronacht because of the extra resources, havent even invested any titan blood into it. Not my favorite weapon, I love the spear. Also took with me the Spear tip item that makes you invulnerable after getting damaged for the first time.

I didnt even expect to make it past Elysium tbh.
In the end I entered the Hades fight with two death defiance left.

Behold:
1145360_screenshots_2fpksb.jpg

I got some boons I tell you. The festive fog just did great damage. I didnt use my normal bow attack on Hades a single time, I just basically shotgunned him with the Bow special, which did Lightning damage and an insane amount of normal damage because of Concentrated Volley. I got 3 extra dashes from a Hermes boon, so 5 dashes to avoid most damage. My dashes inflicted weak and charm.

Heroic Festive Fog + Bow Shotgun + 5 dashes + Aphrodite call at max = easy win, only used one of my two death defiances.

Whew.

Was my 20th attempt, I think.
Congrats! Shotgun bow was how I managed to get my first bow win too, it's an awesome build.
Finally beat Hades after 28 attempts and about 28 hours with the game. What's the next milestone? Beat him with every weapon?
Basically you just make your own targets now, best him with each weapon was what I did next. In terms of story you have to beat him some more times to get the credits for the game.

Baphomet

Dec 8, 2018
I'm confused
Do I need to beat Hades to unlock Guan Yu?, sometimes I see you need to beat him once ,sometimes I read you just need to collect at least one non Zagreus aspect from all weapons?

Herb Alpert

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Paris, France
The talos gloves look very powerful. With the magnet effect it seems easy to wipe the first rooms without being hit.
I should begin my run with thanatos keepstake and switch to skelly's after elysium...

taepoppuri

Oct 29, 2017
Beat Hades Extreme measure 4 first try! That's hilarious and challenging. Not confident to do it with other weapon tho (cleared with fists). 80 hours and I'm still having so much fun.

Beat him 9 more times for the ending. You can use the heat system to collect bounty now, bounty for each heat level is separated for each weapon so it's a good idea to try the other weapons.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017

Yeah I don't get Guan Yu. It seems to be entirely awful. The health price you pay is absolutely not worth it for what you get in return.