• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What is your favorite weapon?

• Stygius / Stygian Blade

Votes: 69 7.0%
  • Varatha / Eternal Spear

Votes: 233 23.6%
  • Aegis / Shield of Chaos

Votes: 191 19.4%
  • Coronacht / Heart-Seeking Bow

Votes: 217 22.0%
  • Malphon / Twin Fists of Malphon

Votes: 189 19.1%
  • Exagryph / Adamant Rail

Votes: 88 8.9%

• Total voters

Mimosa

Community & Social Media Manager
Verified
Oct 23, 2019
Depends on the character. For some you gotta finish their sidequest (which may require interacting with someone else), for some just keep interacting with them until a certain event. For Hades is post credits stuff.

Ah, so I'm at post-credits already - I assume then I have to continue something with
Persephone
in order to unlock Hades' heart?

I guess I'll just keep stumbling through runs and see what happens lol. I do try and make a point to interact with everyone in the House at the end of each run, though!

Darkstorne

Oct 26, 2017
England
FINALLY reached what I assume is the final boss on my 14th run. Didn't win but
I did manage to get through Hades' first phase, felt awesome thinking I killed a boss first try, and then that "oh shit" moment when his health pool surges back to 100%... I was low health after that first phase, and even though I still had my combat rez to spare, he absolutely destroyed me and I don't think I even dropped his health below 80% in that phase.
I'm going to need to start grinding for those extra rez charges I guess. One isn't going to cut it.
I understand why a lot of people are frustrated with the third boss. That was definitely a sticking point for me, and I'm glad I'm finally past it.
Asterius I can deal with now (got to fight him solo at one point which was nice to learn his pattern), but the other dude... I still have no idea what I'm really doing against him once I'm done dodging his ranged attacks.
Should be able to learn it soon enough I hope. Certainly long before I learn whatever the hell is going on in that final boss fight =P
I also just frickin' love this game. Hearing Zag starting to say things like
"I wonder who it will be this time" when going into the first boss room, or saying "I'll be right there, Hydra" in the first room of the second level, is just so damn satisfying, like the devs know exactly what you're thinking.
So many awesome little touches like that keep each run just fresh and interesting enough that I don't want to put my Switch down.

Oct 25, 2017
WarRock I still havent unlocked the Spear 4th aspect (and thus, the rest of them) so no idea whats going on btw :(
Spam dat Achilles conversation and welcome to run RNG hell there's no escape

What does rarity of the boons do?
Rarity affects the base numbers of the boon. Let's say a common Boon does 40 damage. A rare boon will do 125% that, an epic 150%, a heroic 200%. A common Boon that makes your attack do 30% more damage will have that % bonus multiplied by 1.3-1.5 at rare, 1.8-2.0 at epic, 2.3-2.5 at heroic. Etc.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
I hate fighting in tartarus, there is barely move to move and I often dash or walk in to lava.

Oct 25, 2017

Ah, so I'm at post-credits already - I assume then I have to continue something with
Persephone
in order to unlock Hades' heart?

I guess I'll just keep stumbling through runs and see what happens lol. I do try and make a point to interact with everyone in the House at the end of each run, though!
Just keep talking to him after each run, there's a couple of unlocks related to seeing their relationship develop. As far as I know it's just a X amount of scenes thing, no specific trigger.

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
Spam dat Achilles conversation and welcome to run RNG hell there's no escape

Rarity affects the base numbers of the boon. Let's say a common Boon does 40 damage. A rare boon will do 125% that, an epic 150%, a heroic 200%. A common Boon that makes your attack do 30% more damage will have that % bonus multiplied by 1.3-1.5 at rare, 1.8-2.0 at epic, 2.3-2.5 at heroic. Etc.
Oh wow, I had been ignoring them in favor of a straightforward level upgrade at every Eurydice stop. Seems handy.

Thanks for explaining this and how to negate the poison.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
I've moved on to only using Fated boon choices, which makes runs...weird. it's not like I want to 100% the game or anything.

I want to 100% the game.

Miker

Oct 25, 2017
I'm around ~20-25 clears and getting a bit burned out grinding heats in between the credits and (I'm guessing?) the epilogue. There's minimal movement in the story, I've invested Titan Blood into some weapons' aspects that just aren't that great imo (sword special dislodgement, looking at you), and if a build doesn't quite come together, the 15% extra enemy health condition feels painful. I've also played 36 hours in the past two weeks, so that probably doesn't help.

It feels bad dropping it here though because I have like 20 ambrosia that's just sitting there unused.

Oct 25, 2017
Btw, that's why Demeter's Rare Crop (at rare or epic) is SUPER good if you get it during Tartarus or Asphodel. You'll have guaranteed 2 or 3 heroic boons when you reach Elysium/Styx.

I've moved on to only using Fated boon choices, which makes runs...weird. it's not like I want to 100% the game or anything.

I want to 100% the game.
I am missing the most common fish of the surface. I got the rarer one twice. I had to let go.

tanmandu

Oct 27, 2017
I didn't realize the defy death charges you can buy are permanent. I thought they were one time uses so never spent the darkness on them until I could easily make final boss. Got to the point I could easily reach the end each run and finally went and spent the darkness and I am a complete idiot.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
I noticed that when you are offered a boon to replace another, it tends to be heroic. Is it always that tier or is it just random and I've not been paying attention to when it's another tier?

Rixan

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure how much higher of a Heat clear I can reasonably do - it really starts to get absurd around 45-50 where you can't even heal or afford to buy anything. Think I'm good with 32.

Darkstorne

Oct 26, 2017
England
What do people use for keepsake choices?

I've only recently unlocked the ability to switch them between stages. I use the free coin keepsake to start with at the moment, then switch after the first boss to something more useful. I quite like the Hermes one though and feel like I'm missing out on the best time to benefit from it by doing this...

Arrrammis

Oct 25, 2017
I noticed that when you are offered a boon to replace another, it tends to be heroic. Is it always that tier or is it just random and I've not been paying attention to when it's another tier?
When a boon is offered to replace one you already have, it is always at least one rarity higher than your current boon. So, if your current boon is purple/legendary, then a replacement will always be heroic. If your current boon is rare, it could be legendary or heroic, randomly determined.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
When a boon is offered to replace one you already have, it is always at least one rarity higher than your current boon. So, if your current boon is purple/legendary, then a replacement will always be heroic. If your current boon is rare, it could be legendary or heroic, randomly determined.

Thanks! Good to know.

Jan 10, 2018
So I'm getting tired of never actually finishing a run. Any tips for a weapon + aspect + boon that is especially good against Hades? I just want to destroy him.

Maledict

Oct 25, 2017
So all arrows will hit him if he has the target on him? It's like doing a close range special but from a distance?

Yep - they all lock on and target seek. You can get 2 or 3 specials off in the time you have as well, so if you combine that with a decent special damage effect and its brutal.

luffie

Dec 20, 2017
Indonesia
What do people use for keepsake choices?

I've only recently unlocked the ability to switch them between stages. I use the free coin keepsake to start with at the moment, then switch after the first boss to something more useful. I quite like the Hermes one though and feel like I'm missing out on the best time to benefit from it by doing this...
If you have finished multiple runs, you can get a keepsake that level up your boons, imo that's the best one.
So all arrows will hit him if he has the target on him? It's like doing a close range special but from a distance?
Yes, all arrows will hit, like a close range attack but from a distance, and all happen very2 fast. If you have additional arrows hammer boon, and +3 dmg, plus some artemis boom for criticals, it melts all bosses. Basically just hit once with your attack, then you can run away and your special will do homing attack for 2 times, then you have to attack again.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
and credits rolling :)

Still super into it so I will deffo keep sneaking in a few runs in between playing other stuff.

This reason to be able to keep playing / doing runs, narratively, is a bit silly lol. "you exposed some flaws in our security, please keep trying to break out to fix them"

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
There's a bit more to that;
keeping appearances with Olympus

I do like that every character recognizes that change though, Dusa hyping that things are now DIFFERENT because you are job colleagues is just <3

Inquisitive_Ghost

Cranky Ghost Pokemon
Oct 26, 2017
Does anyone else find it slightly odd that, after clearing the credits, subsequent runs end with "There is no escape" rather than "Taken by the Styx"?

Like it's not actually important, but it feels like they chose the wrong one.

Darkstorne

Oct 26, 2017
England
If you have finished multiple runs, you can get a keepsake that level up your boons, imo that's the best one.
Oh wow, that sounds amazing! Do you just slot that from the start and stick with it?

I finally got to unlock a new aspect. For the fists. Went with Talos since I'm an Elder Scrolls fan =P Its special pulls enemies towards you before you uppercut them. I got a boon right at the start of my run that deals 90 AOE damage when you land after an uppercut, and then a Zeus boon shortly afterwards that deals AOE lightning damage with your special. It was amazing for trash mobs, let me one-shot almost everything. But I massively struggled against bosses with it (slow attack, and fists in general have you standing in bad places for bosses...) and then I melted against the witch group of minibosses that throw purple projectiles in a million directions at once. Made me realize how important deflects are...

Can't wait to unlock new aspects for the other weapons now! Not sure how to do it, but I assume that becomes clear with time.

Calabi

Oct 26, 2017
Bow with the Aspect of Chiron (especially with some upgrades and/or the hammer that increases your special arrow count) is an absolute boss melter.

I prefer Aspect of Hera with Ares Blade rift. You can fire them and forget while running around avoiding or killing things somewhere else. You can also get the sucks in boon and or 4 casts and things just melt.

Won

Oct 27, 2017
Haha, did a shield run with aspect of Zeus, juiced up by Zeus boons and powered up Ares Blade Rift. That was some serious Beyblade shit. Completely annihilated Hades.

RicJFNas

Oct 28, 2017
I finally did my first no death run, and with the bow, a weapon I wasn't expecting to do it with. Here's what I finished with.

Grifter

Oct 26, 2017
Do the purple coins persist between games, and do I need to turn on my abilities in the select screen every time?

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Do the purple coins persist between games, and do I need to turn on my abilities in the select screen every time?

the mirror stuff is permanent. and its not just "purple" btw, you can click the icon in each of them to turn them "green" (as in, there is a whole nother list of perks to get/use)

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
so which characters should one focus on maxing out the relationships?

I hear something about companions?

whats this now?

Jan 10, 2018
Yep - they all lock on and target seek. You can get 2 or 3 specials off in the time you have as well, so if you combine that with a decent special damage effect and its brutal.

Yes, all arrows will hit, like a close range attack but from a distance, and all happen very2 fast. If you have additional arrows hammer boon, and +3 dmg, plus some artemis boom for criticals, it melts all bosses. Basically just hit once with your attack, then you can run away and your special will do homing attack for 2 times, then you have to attack again.

Yeah, that seems crazy powerful. Will try it out the next I play. Thanks for the tips!

ExInferus

Nov 14, 2017
about 40 runs with a winning streak of 11, finished the main story and maxed certain aspects of different weapons and yet, hidden aspects haven't unlocked yet. What the hell?

Jul 19, 2020
Holy shit, Exagryph is broken as hell when you get the Special upgrade that turns it into a rocket combined with the one that splits it into five shots. I barely had to even try for the remainder of the run - just get spamming Y and got all the way through from the third stage to beating the last boss. I don't feel like I even earned the clear run.

Oct 25, 2017
Man this game is really good, ended up buying it on epic because of how much cheaper it becomes with the coupon but man, what a gem of a game.

Mr.Fletcher

Nov 18, 2017
UK
Guys, after dying with one hit remaining on the final boss last night... and several failed attempts today, I've finally done it!

I've escaped! Took me 28 runs.

I came on here pretty despondent last night, looking for ideas and after trying a few different things I eventually went back to my trusty spear and got the win.

I got some good upgrades, but I feel like upgrading my chance of rare boons played a big role.

I'm delighted but kind of exhausted. Not sure I've got it in me to do it again, several times.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Guys, after dying with one hit remaining on the final boss last night... and several failed attempts today, I've finally done it!

I've escaped! Took me 28 runs.

I came on here pretty despondent last night, looking for ideas and after trying a few different things I eventually went back to my trusty spear and got the win.

I got some good upgrades, but I feel like upgrading my chance of rare boons played a big role.

I'm delighted but kind of exhausted. Not sure I've got it in me to do it again, several times.

it becomes increasingly easier after the first time.

BarrBarr

Oct 25, 2017
I've just had an insanely good run, I managed to beat the first phase of Hades and was really close to beating the second phase. This was my 5th run and the first time that I used the spear. Before this run I had only gotten up to the bone hydra, and then now I managed to 1 shot the minotaur, and Cerberus level. I am worried that since I had such a good run that I might have missed some story beats does anyone know if that's something that can happen. After you beat Hades are there more areas to go to? I have been really enjoying this game love everything about it. I haven't tried it on handheld mode yet, but I think the game would be too busy on a small screen.

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
Initially I was all aboard the "wow Hades might be the goty" train but the game dropped off hard for me when I realized you're largely fighting the same enemies over and over in the same rooms you have seen and haven't really played since the first escape.

Does the game start introducing new enemies or elite versions?

Inquisitive_Ghost

Cranky Ghost Pokemon
Oct 26, 2017
I've just had an insanely good run, I managed to beat the first phase of Hades and was really close to beating the second phase. This was my 5th run and the first time that I used the spear. Before this run I had only gotten up to the bone hydra, and then now I managed to 1 shot the minotaur, and Cerberus level. I am worried that since I had such a good run that I might have missed some story beats does anyone know if that's something that can happen. After you beat Hades are there more areas to go to? I have been really enjoying this game love everything about it. I haven't tried it on handheld mode yet, but I think the game would be too busy on a small screen.
No, you can't really miss the story beats. They're just doled out as you play. And clearing Hades once doesn't actually net you the full story. You won't get credits until you do it several times. (And there's even some more story after the credits, not to mention all the character side stories that wrap up on their own terms and don't end with the main story).

Hades is the final boss; there are no areas after him.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Initially I was all aboard the "wow Hades might be the goty" train but the game dropped off hard for me when I realized you're largely fighting the same enemies over and over in the same rooms you have seen and haven't really played since the first escape.

Does the game start introducing new enemies or elite versions?

unfortunately the variety is kinda set and probably the main knock against it. The bosses at least get an optional 'elite' thingy you can turn on later, and they still introduce the occasional miniboss, but yeah.

I don't get those arm enemies, they seem nearly completely pointless lol. I guess they are just supposed to be world 1 enemies but they almost never get a chance to do anything.