• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What is your favorite weapon?

• Stygius / Stygian Blade

Votes: 69 7.0%
  • Varatha / Eternal Spear

Votes: 234 23.7%
  • Aegis / Shield of Chaos

Votes: 191 19.3%
  • Coronacht / Heart-Seeking Bow

Votes: 217 22.0%
  • Malphon / Twin Fists of Malphon

Votes: 189 19.1%
  • Exagryph / Adamant Rail

Votes: 88 8.9%

• Total voters

Yibby

Nov 10, 2017
I completed my first run today and basically cheesed my way through it with a good combination of blessings (can't remember the names of the stuff). So i had these bloodshards you can shoot and an upgrade from Zeus that made them into towers whenever they are on the ground, they zapped everyone. Then i had the blessing that every enemy who does an attack and is under the influence of shock deals damage to themself. Because of my bloodshards towers they were constantly shocked.
I beat the final boss with maybe hitting him 10 times or so in the whole fight.
3x bloodshards each zaps the boss for ~ 80-100 dmg every sec, and for every attack he gets another 140dmg. I was just dodging and watching him die lol.

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
The dirty cheat, now I have to LEARN more
I find the best way to deal with every boss invocation is simply to (in the eternal words of the Goemon Impact theme from Mystical Ninja 64) "DASH! DASH! DASH!"

Also, I just learned of the romance options. Seems cute and tasteful. But there are only three. Would be cool if you could court the Olympian gods (Artemis pls).

Although if I put aside my waifu-ism, I think Zag's real soulmate is Achilles.

TheLastYoshi

Oct 27, 2017
Really enjoying the game but some of the combat and boss encounters can get a bit button-mashy at times... Wish there was more defensive strategies than just dash or maybe I just miss the shield from dead cells lol.

Apollo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Very little experience with this sort of game but it's dope as heck. It took me like 5 or 6 tries but I finally made it out of the first area today, and almost took down the boss of the second area that run. I definitely see myself putting in a ton of time in this game- it's so great for short bursts.

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
Really enjoying the game but some of the combat and boss encounters can get a bit button-mashy at times... Wish there was more defensive strategies than just dash or maybe I just miss the shield from dead cells lol.

There's a shield weapon that allows you to block, and also the reflect ability. Pretty much it for defensive actions.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
I believe he picks one at random you don't have that run.
Hah, that's pretty clever an idea.
A nice touch that matches how your own run is going.

I find the best way to deal with every boss invocation is simply to (in the eternal words of the Goemon Impact theme from Mystical Ninja 64) "DASH! DASH! DASH!"
first time around I luckily got one where I could reliably just stand in the corner and only have to dodge every now and then, a big part of how I endured with 3 hp

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
The Aegis Shield in this game blocks projectiles. You can also neutralize many projectiles with your own attacks, and even deflect them with Athena's blessings. Poseidon boons also push enemies away from you.

scarlet

Oct 25, 2017
What's the best play style with the shield?

I'm using aspect of chaos and privilege from mirroso my attack and special did 2 curse so it deals more damage.

Basically just spam charge and then special and then dash. It gets better if you have good cast. Demeter is good enough if you only seek for 1 boon for cast.

Shield is really strong, I basically making myself weak to fulfill dark reflections prophecy and I easily won with shield.

TetraGenesis

Oct 27, 2017
You can just press quit and it won't save your progress until you quit the room

Fuck........ wish I knew this....

Does the game basically only save whenever you change rooms? In combat areas too, not just the hall. Playing on Switch on and off while I work, I've gotten distracted during room switches and set the switch down only to see half my health was chewed up while I wasn't paying attention. If I quit and reloaded, would I start at the beginning of that current room and encounter? Does it save after you clear all the enemies or pick an item?

MangoUltz

Mar 24, 2019
Beat the final boss at last on my 23rd run! What a game. Used the fists, and it was only my second time using them too.

I managed to beat it again immediately afterwards with the shield too. Feel like I have it down now.

Great game, great storytelling. Love it.

Mashing

Oct 28, 2017
Got to the final boss just now, with bow and a mix of Artemis and Ares boons plus Dionysus's cast and call levelled up quite high. Only had around 50hp and no revives but got his health down easily enough before dying. His fight seems to be easier than the the third boss?

Disagree... I only died once to the Elysium boss and countless times to the final boss. The damage sources in the final boss battle are just far more numerous.

Capra

Oct 25, 2017
So I just finished my 4th run with a build that literally just let me stand in one spot and tank hits.

I had the sword, a boon that restored my health as I attacked, the Athena one that reduced damage from enemies and the Dio one that reduced damage below a certain threshold, then the Dio cast + the passive that reduced damage while standing in the fog, and to top it all off an upgrade that made the thrust attack do massive damage with a chance to crit.

By the end I only used one death defiance and dear old dad was shit talking me for tanking hits to the face while I whaled on him.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Got to the third boss with quite nice build

Adamant Rail with +6 ammo, faster attack and rocket, Artemis's skill that fires automatic arrow every time I shoot, Poseidon's dash and around 200 health.

Bested Minotaur alone quite easily, but Minotaur + Theseus got me. Lost first life against them both, then downed Minotaur and got Theseus's life down, but got stuck in a special attack.

Those two seem to have way too much health. This run I had most damage output yet, but still got annihilated
Theseus is hard if you're going all in on the regular attack Adamant, since his shield blocks a ton of what you want to do.

medyej

Oct 26, 2017
What's the difference between Eurydice upgrading your boons' levels and upgrading their rarity? Does upgrading the rarity actually change the boons to higher tier (different) ones?

Skel1ingt0n

Oct 28, 2017
You spend keys to unlock weapons. There should be one or two that can be bought and show their key price. Buying one or both of them and going on another run will add a new weapon to be bought. Basically it goes bow->shield->spear->fists->gun with a little leeway in the middle.

Ahhhhh! Thanks! I didn't want to buy until I saw them all. Thus my issue. Thanks!

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
What's the difference between Eurydice upgrading your boons' levels and upgrading their rarity? Does upgrading the rarity actually change the boons to higher tier (different) ones?

Yes. It'll change from Common->Rare->Epic->Heroic. Levels are subset of rarity.

Picking the level option gets more boons upgraded (4), but less of an upgrade since it's only level. While picking the rarity option only upgrades 2 boons but a higher upgrade.

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
Had the easiest run ever.

the spear with 2 weapon upgrades, rapid attack (but can't spin attack which I feel is a bad move anyways) and longer range, plus Hangover level 5 made the whole run child play. Beat Hades without taken hardly any damage lol.

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
Had the easiest run ever.

the spear with 2 weapon upgrades, rapid attack (but can't spin attack which I feel is a bad move anyways) and longer range, plus Hangover level 5 made the whole run child play. Beat Hades without taken hardly any damage lol.
How does the rapid attack work? Like multiple jabs in one tap?

Syntsui

Oct 25, 2017
How do we unlock the fourth tier of weapons? I read online that we need to talk with Aquiles after beating the game, but I already had several interactions with him and dind't unlock anything.

WolfeTone

Oct 25, 2017
How do we unlock the fourth tier of weapons? I read online that we need to talk with Aquiles after beating the game, but I already had several interactions with him and dind't unlock anything.
Just keep playing and interacting with various characters. Eventually they'll say something and they'll unlock the weapons for you. For me it started happening after I won about 10 runs but I've only unlocked 4 out of 6.

Syntsui

Oct 25, 2017
Just keep playing and interacting with various characters. Eventually they'll say something and they'll unlock the weapons for you. For me it started happening after I won about 10 runs but I've only unlocked 4 out of 6.
That's weird, I beat the game twice and I'm approaching 30 runs. I always make sure I talk with everyone, I guess I need to upgrade more weapons maybe? I only really invested in the bow.

NabiscoFelt

One Winged Slayer
Aug 15, 2019
That's weird, I beat the game twice and I'm approaching 30 runs. I always make sure I talk with everyone, I guess I need to upgrade more weapons maybe? I only really invested in the bow.
Hm, I think you just need to talk to Achilles, but maybe there's something else?

The hidden aspect Achilles unlocks is the spear aspect, so maybe you need at least 1 blood put into it? I got it after talking to him once after beating the game, but I had already put a point in there. From what I've heard, the other ones all require at least 5 blood in the given weapon before the hidden aspect can be unlocked

medyej

Oct 26, 2017
Yes. It'll change from Common->Rare->Epic->Heroic. Levels are subset of rarity.

Picking the level option gets more boons upgraded (4), but less of an upgrade since it's only level. While picking the rarity option only upgrades 2 boons but a higher upgrade.
Thanks but what I mean is when the rarity gets upgraded does it actually change the boons to different boons? Or are they just stronger versions of the same boons? If the latter is the case then what's the difference between upgrading rarity and upgrading level?

lovecatt

Nov 12, 2017
I have yet to complete a run & have unlocked the fourth option for the spear so who knows what the requirement is supposed to be

Wunder

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks but what I mean is when the rarity gets upgraded does it actually change the boons to different boons? Or are they just stronger versions of the same boons? If the latter is the case then what's the difference between upgrading rarity and upgrading level?

No they're stronger versions of the same boon. Rarity generally has a better scalar than Poms do but it depends on the type of boon or even attack it is attached to. Certain boons are un-Pom-able and the only way to increase their potency is through rarity (Hermes boons for example).

cmdiego

Oct 25, 2017
Each weapon have different NPC to unlock them and a prerequisite is spending 5 or 6 titan blood in the weapon upgrades.

scarlet

Oct 25, 2017
How do you unlock spear hidden aspect?

I read it online and already unlocked 3 aspects Chaos (max), Chiron (max), Eris (Lv2)

And max heart pre ambrosia with Achilles. But that hidden aspect is still hidden.

spyder_ur

Oct 25, 2017
I'm enjoying this game a ton but can't believe I'm hearing people clear it on like their 20th runs? I've made it to the 3rd or 4th boss after 50+ runs but don't feel like I'm making that much progress

I've got a decent portion of the mirror maxed. I do feel like I'm missing out on some of the gamification/min-max stuff or just not focusing on it - I basically just pick what I like to use or sounds cool. Shield is my favorite weapon by far but need to mess with the spear and bow more.

The controls are so tight and the rhythms of the game are so great - easy to get lost in.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
I have yet to complete a run & have unlocked the fourth option for the spear so who knows what the requirement is supposed to be
How do you unlock spear hidden aspect?

I read it online and already unlocked 3 aspects Chaos (max), Chiron (max), Eris (Lv2)

And max heart pre ambrosia with Achilles. But that hidden aspect is still hidden.
. https://www.resetera.com/threads/ha...rly-access-and-on-switch.158278/post-46361234

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
I'm enjoying this game a ton but can't believe I'm hearing people clear it on like their 20th runs? I've made it to the 3rd or 4th boss after 50+ runs but don't feel like I'm making that much progress

I've got a decent portion of the mirror maxed. I do feel like I'm missing out on some of the gamification/min-max stuff or just not focusing on it - I basically just pick what I like to use or sounds cool. Shield is my favorite weapon by far but need to mess with the spear and bow more.

The controls are so tight and the rhythms of the game are so great - easy to get lost in.
I started learning the enemies attack patterns. I take it slow now instead of rapid movements or dashing everywhere lol. Certain boons also help, I enjoy Athena's cast or Deflect dash as it makes some enemies easy. Or Zeus's cast which is really strong. I think my favorite is the Hangover effect

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
There are runs where I get Demeter specifically so Theseus can't use her

She REALLY fucks me up in those fights

I ran into that once and yeah, it was surprisingly brutal.

Sorta funny since in the dual boon rooms I find Demeter to be the easiest one to handle. The arena makes it a lot harder to deal with.

Wunder

Oct 25, 2017
Guys, don't pick against Ares in a Trial room...

Just lost a 15 streak run to fucking crazy damage

YaBish

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
So when did they add the secret boss fight? Ran into it twice in the third area, and holy crap does it hurt.

Was running wacky builds both times in the middle of ramping up w/ chaos boons both times, so that didn't help.

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
So two boons I was sleeping on. The Zeus one where cast crystals do electricity when out on the field, and the other where your call charges automatically but is limited at 25%.

I was convinced Hades would kick my ass when I was in Elysium. Picked those up since I kept passing on them and needed the prophecy. Holy fuck, Hades *melted*.