• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What is your favorite weapon?

• Stygius / Stygian Blade

Votes: 69 7.0%
  • Varatha / Eternal Spear

Votes: 234 23.7%
  • Aegis / Shield of Chaos

Votes: 191 19.3%
  • Coronacht / Heart-Seeking Bow

Votes: 217 22.0%
  • Malphon / Twin Fists of Malphon

Votes: 189 19.1%
  • Exagryph / Adamant Rail

Votes: 88 8.9%

• Total voters

RockmanBN

Visited by Knack - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields
Decided to do all the heat challenges at once. Chiron Armor Piercing Crits made it not too bad.
E_jEJLNUcAMGhvu

Antrax

Oct 25, 2017
Gotta love a good Crystal Beam build.

gLAKqQR.jpg

Funny how the beams continue to track Redacted even when they turn invisible. And that Legendary is just disgusting!

AqOYY7f.gif

Major props to the devs for not making the final boss, or any other boss, exempt from these type of effects.

I just tried this out and it got me my second clear lmao

I still had all 3 of my revives and most of my HP at the end
I was using the shield, which is my worst weapon but it had dark thirst. Had no idea that when you blocked Hades' skull throws, the skulls just disappear! Deflecting them doesn't do shit so I assumed they'd bounce off of me, but still be primed to detonate

Juan

Oct 28, 2017
I finally finished the game! I mean, finished the story after many runs, and I truly had an enormous amount of good time with Hades!

It was my very first Rogue Lite and I enjoyed it from start to finish, being the very tight and cool gameplay, the story, the setting, the music, the voice acting, the characters, so on and so on.

I finished my last run with a temperature of 9, and when I arrived to Hades, I had no live left and only 100 hearts. I thought "Hey, I'm not making it this time, it's becoming way too difficult and I won't beat Hades with one life"... And surprise

This time, he didn't fight me because it was the end of the game!

Couldn't believe it actually, I was so surprise, and so glad because I wouldn't have been able to defeat him. This was totally unexpected and it's probably the best way to finish the game I could ever hope.

Story wise I:

am glad we're having an happy ending with all the family reunited, I thought it was a great tale for a son which wanted to have a complete family and, literally, fought for it.

But, I thought the story would go in other place. Hades is always talking about "What would happen if the Gods knew", and I thought that, well, they would discover and that maybe, we would have to fight the Olympians to bring peace to the whole family.

In the end, we don't really know what would happened if the Olympians knew Persephone was still alive and not hiding anymore. It acts like a big thing but nothing ever happen, so it's probably the only thing I'm a bit disappointed in.

Do you think the story ending might indicate we could have a new game within the same universe, but this time, we would be out of hell?

Once you finished the story, are there still things to discover regarding the story, apart from completing the Archille's Codex, or should I consider myself done with the game (I'm not a completionist regarding games)?

Last edited:

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
I finished my last run with a temperature of 9, and when I arrived to Hades, I had no live left and only 100 hearts. I thought "Hey, I'm not making it this time, it's becoming way too difficult and I won't beat Hades with one life"... And surprise, this time, he didn't fight me because it was the end of the game!

Couldn't believe it actually, I was so surprise, and so glad because I wouldn't have been able to defeat him. This was totally unexpected and it's probably the best way to finish the game I could ever hope.
Can you edit your post and put this between spoiler tags? There are people in this thread who have yet to reach this point and part of what makes it so great is, well, exactly what you describe.

Story wise I:

am glad we're having an happy ending with all the family reunited, I thought it was a great tale for a son which wanted to have a complete family and, literally, fought for it.

But, I thought the story would go in other place. Hades is always talking about "What would happen if the Gods knew", and I thought that, well, they would discover and that maybe, we would have to fight the Olympians to bring peace to the whole family.

In the end, we don't really know what would happened if the Olympians knew Persephone was still alive and not hiding anymore. It acts like a big thing but nothing ever happen, so it's probably the only thing I'm a bit disappointed in.
All I can say is: keep playing, heh.

Juan

Oct 28, 2017
Can you edit your post and put this between spoiler tags? There are people in this thread who have yet to reach this point and part of what makes it so great is, well, exactly what you describe.

Oh yeah sure, didn't even think about it actually since I wanted to share the good surprise and feeling I had. Done.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
So I managed to escape for the first time today (or was it yesterday?) and then twice more and man, every single time that damn theme at the end gets me, it actually made me cry the first time, those few calm notes are too much 😭

Also, Dionysus is my absolute favorite character, dude would make a great friend to mess around with. I rely on his cast and fountain boons a bit too much tho.

RockmanBN

Visited by Knack - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields
So I managed to escape for the first time today (or was it yesterday?) and then twice more and man, every single time that damn theme at the end gets me, it actually made me cry the first time, those few calm notes are too much 😭

Also, Dionysus is my absolute favorite character, dude would make a great friend to mess around with. I rely on his cast and fountain boons a bit too much tho.

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017
Just one question about ending/story. Bear in mind I have only escaped once (I haven't been able to play since, but I've been thinking about this). - Do I have to do/achieve/accomplish something special/particular in order to make the story advance to the ending/credits/whatever or just keep playing until all dialogues exhaust even if you don't manage to escape a lot of times more? I guess it's *required* to keep escaping a number of times but I hope it's not too many times or with very difficult heat levels (if any).

Guppeth

Oct 25, 2017
Sheffield, UK
Just one question about ending/story. Bear in mind I have only escaped once (I haven't been able to play since, but I've been thinking about this). - Do I have to do/achieve/accomplish something special/particular in order to make the story advance to the ending/credits/whatever or just keep playing until all dialogues exhaust even if you don't manage to escape a lot of times more? I guess it's *required* to keep escaping a number of times but I hope it's not too many times or with very difficult heat levels (if any).
You advance the story each time you escape, until the 10th escape, where the main storyline is resolved and you get the end credits. But after that, there's a secondary plotline that will take you a few more hours to complete. And after that, there's a few little stories to tie up.

Heat levels, as far as I know, aren't required at all. There are some cool things to see if you mess around with Heat, especially EXTREME MEASURES that you should definitely try up to level 3.

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017
You advance the story each time you escape, until the 10th escape, where the main storyline is resolved and you get the end credits. But after that, there's a secondary plotline that will take you a few more hours to complete. And after that, there's a few little stories to tie up.

Heat levels, as far as I know, aren't required at all. There are some cool things to see if you mess around with Heat, especially EXTREME MEASURES that you should definitely try up to level 3.

Ok that doesn't sound like too much. I'll keep playing until that definitely, as a main game, and maybe after that start another game and keep playing this sometimes. Thank you!

niaobx

Aug 3, 2020
Started and I have no idea what I'm doing. I just randomly pick a room. I have no idea what difference it makes. Maybe I'll slowly learn.

Boons (god icons) = give you new abilities
Coins = coins to buy items during run
Yellow bottle = nectar to give to NPCs to befriend them (that way you progress their quests)
Purple/Green gems = currency to spend in hub
Pom fruit = upgrades a boon that you already have
Coin bag = shop
Heart = health upgrade
! = NPC

Don't worry about optimising runs, builds or whatever. Just try your best to get as far as possible, every run progresses the story and in time you will know which rooms to pick

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017
Yesterday with another written off run I got to the last environment (but it was late and I had to save there). I beat the duo boss and it was so satisfying because it was overkill. I had the rail with a hammer powered up special (which damages me too) with more damage, explosive normal attack, plus Dionysius' explosive+cloud cast with Hermes' hold to cast rapidly. I attacked both of them at the same time and this time the bull died last even.

It's fun when you accidentally find a broken build for a given situation. I have not much hope to be able to escape with this though, but I'll try tonight when I resume that run.

I haven't had another escape since the first time yet (final boss still a bit bullshit when it's not the duo), but I'm progressing prophecies and shit. Also I accidentally saved after upgrading some aspect to level 5 when I was just testing it and seeing what stats it got at max level. Oh well.

I have some npc who won't accept more nectars. Is there something special to do until they can accept more gifts? I can't get more info on the journal either, it says to advance relationship with them, but I don't know how.

Skiptastic

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I've beaten the main story, and felt like I had a good idea of how to beat Redacted fairly easily. But jeez louise, I've gotten to him now three times in a row with all my death defiances and full health and still gotten crushed. I'm just fighting sloppy and need to do better.

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Finally unlocked the admin chamber on my PS5 file, that took ages. I had the dream Rift build yesterday: hunting blades, metal vortex, engulfing vortex and rare crop to boost the cast to Heroic. I just threw out the vortex of doom and watched things die. It's funny how the Blade Rift goes from nigh on useless in the vanilla version to a Doomsday Device when you get all the supporting boons for it. So yeah, Hunting Blades definitely tied with Merciful End as best duo boon, it's just so good.

Started and I have no idea what I'm doing. I just randomly pick a room. I have no idea what difference it makes. Maybe I'll slowly learn.
In hindsight that's another thing I really love about this game: no tutorials and they just throw you in to figure out stuff for yourself. After a while you'll know what every door does. Starting out focus on keys and Darkness (the purple gem).

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017
Do different gods have specific boon types? Or just go for God's if I want a boon over coins for example?

More or less. Each god has its own theme about their boons: Zeus has lightning, Poseidon has water (knockback), Artemis has crit damage, Ares has "doom" (marks enemies for additional damage after a second or so), Dionysius hangover (damage over time)... Hermes is a bit special with speed/dash/etc. Most (all?) of them have boons that affect each basic mechanic though (attack/special/cast/dash) and then build on tpo of them with succesive boons that require a basic one first.

You will choose coins over little else, normally. Coins give you a chance to get a health recovery, a boon, some other currency, when you find Charon or on the Charon fountains (purple things that unlock after an encounter in some chambers). But sometimes enemies drop it, and when you start with renovations you can make some breakable objects drop them too, so I rarely choose a coin reward chamber on my own. It can pay off to hoard them though if you are confident on arriving at the last stage with a lot of coin, for some specific purpose, but it can be a waste if you don't get there or don't want that item (or even if it doesn't always appear, which I don't know).

As you were told, the best things to go for in the first runs are darkness (purple stones) and chthonic keys. Keys unlock weapons and stats in the mirror, and darkness upgrades those stats. I'm at a point where I don't want keys anymore and just use them to sell/exchange for other things but in the early game they're very welcome, you'll need a lot.

Regarding choosing boons over anything else: well, some boons go in the same slot as others. Some times you can get a boon that will overwrite another, but as you have 3 boon choices by default, you are usually ok unless you only go for boons and more boons. When you are happy with all your boons you can go for the pomegranates to upgrade them in your run, for example. Or health upgrades for that run, which are always good.

nihilence

nøthing but silence
Oct 25, 2017
From 'quake area to big OH.
Thanks, I was starting to pick up a little pattern. Right now focusing on darkness for more revive and keys to unlock stuff.

Renovation didn't look too interesting. But maybe I'll consider more.

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017
New renovations unlock over time, milestones (I think) or after buying some of the available ones. Keep an eye there from time to time for the more interesting stuff (pure cosmetic is labeled as such).

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Do different gods have specific boon types? Or just go for God's if I want a boon over coins for example?
You'll notice that each God has a theme yeah, but some work better on certain weapons/attacks than others. Zeus is better for weapons/attacks that hit fast like the Rail (you'll unlock that later) while for a slower attack like the bow's main attack you'll want a percentage boost for more damage. Gods like Poseidon, Artemis and Aphro have the percentage boost, Aphro has the biggest increase. For instance on the bow Aphro on main attack and Artemis on special is a pretty good combo. There are so many combinations, just try out different stuff and see what works (and remember what doesn't)

Balphon

Oct 25, 2017
Finished the platinum the other day. Wouldn't have taken so long if Achilles didn't keep giving me dialogues about irrelevant nonsense. Probably would have been better to cut runs short toward the end but I didn't want to break the 60+ clear streak I had going.

apathetic

Oct 25, 2017
Finished the platinum the other day. Wouldn't have taken so long if Achilles didn't keep giving me dialogues about irrelevant nonsense. Probably would have been better to cut runs short toward the end but I didn't want to break the 60+ clear streak I had going.

Yeah it's funny trying to get one damn dialog to start when everyone is giving you repeats for a dozen runs.

Aly

Oct 27, 2017
Nooo I was so close this time. My problem seems to be less Hades and more Thesus screwing me over in the previous fight.

404Ender

Oct 25, 2017
Had a lot of fun with a tank-oriented fists build just now:

- Athena on Attack and Dash to deflect basically everything (constantly attacking and dash attacking)
- Aspect of Zag + Hermes boon for 25% total dodge chance to cover what I didn't deflect
- Different League + Bronze Skin for 32.8% damage reduction to cover what I didn't dodge
- Colossus Knuckle + Ravenous Will knock off another 40% while I'm attacking and my cast is emptied, totaling 72.8% damage reduction. This also doesn't take into account the Weak status applied by my Aphrodite cast nor the reduced damage from Abyssal Blood. Not sure how that stacks considering it would push the reduction to > 100% if it's all additive...
- 2 Epic Chaos boons for +137 HP, and a bunch of Centaur Hearts to bring my total HP to 452 for the damage that actually got through

Wasn't dealing a ton of damage so the bosses went down slowly, but I felt pretty much invincible the whole time lol

Antrax

Oct 25, 2017
Okay that Beam Crystal is busted af lol. Doesn't matter what weapon, just get that with the boons that double your Bloodstone and make every cast drop two crystals (add in the Artemis Duo boon that tracks better), and holy shit do the bosses die in no time

Guppeth

Oct 25, 2017
Sheffield, UK
If I check out God mode is the story going to be impacted? The conversation are after death, and if I die less will I miss anything?
If you die less:
  • You will get through the main storyline faster, because it advances when you succeed.
  • You will progress side characters' storylines more slowly, because they happen in the House of Hades and you'll visit less (but only because your runs last longer).
  • You won't miss anything.

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Cool. If you give up a run, will that progress the House? I havent tried yet.
If you give up, you'll return to the Skelly room just before you started your last run. If you just want to get more House dialogue, it's best to just kill yourself during the run to allow yourself to spawn back at the pool of Styx. But there's no real use in doing that unless you just really want to force some specific NPC dialogue.

Guppeth

Oct 25, 2017
Sheffield, UK
If you give up, you'll return to the Skelly room just before you started your last run. If you just want to get more House dialogue, it's best to just kill yourself during the run to allow yourself to spawn back at the pool of Styx. But there's no real use in doing that unless you just really want to force some specific NPC dialogue.
It's funny what Zag says after being reborn, if you die in the very first room.
"I.. uh... forgot something."
Which is actually a good excuse because he has no idea how to get in to the House.

I think Hypnos throws some shade too, or tries to make you feel better.

Pilkie

Apr 15, 2021
Felt so good when I got my first clear. Honestly had thoughts I might never beat it, I'd gotten to Hades twice before. Once got him to half health (well 50% of the fight) then got to him again with a setup that I thought was really designed for me - great boons, the exploding lance on the spear.

Got absolutely wrecked by Hades and thought if I didn't do it that time, I'd never do it.

Did it next run with the shield, but not by defending his attacks, just basically using it as a spear and spamming the special while hiding. Was completely cowardly but worked.

BobbyRawlins

Oct 25, 2017
Wondering....

If I run Beowulf shield with Aphro on attack and Artemis cast plus Heartrend.....would it apply the weak from Aphro right before the Artie cast hit thus triggering Heartrend?

Aly

Oct 27, 2017
Yess, finally finished my first run. It was the bow and a bunch of Hermes, Dionysus, and Zeus boons. Was down to 20 health but pulled it out!

Kas'

Oct 26, 2017
Hades is one of my favorite games ever and I have been gaming for a long time. I am just in love with everything about this game. Got it for Switch back in March, and went through about 40 total runs with 2 completions or so. Got sidetracked with some other games, namely Dark Souls 3. Picked it up for PS4 about a week ago for trophies and I am more hooked than I was last time. Seeing other aspects of the game I totally missed last time. Going to try to actually "complete" the story this time around (whatever that entails). Completed my first run on my 21st attempt last night with the Coronacht, a weapon I did not even use when I was playing on Switch.

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017
Getting a bit frustrated now. I seem to consistently get to Styx now though, but Redacted gets me every time. Once I didn't even get to the boss lol. Apart from that, trying to complete some prophecies seems like bullshit. I'm gonna have to use that darkness for the changing boons ability and even then I'm guessing I'll have a hard time. I'm also still missing some keepsake and the 6 things below them, plus the hidden aspects, with no idea how to unlock those. Plus the game has a very obvious summon mechanic and again I have no idea how to get that yet. I hope these things are not hidden until the story "ends" because I'm thinking I won't have any intention of playing it further if I get there. Still only 1 escape after 35 runs, always trying to complete prophecies and shit and never doing serious runs until yesterday, when I did two and they were crapped on by Redacted.

Guppeth

Oct 25, 2017
Sheffield, UK
Getting a bit frustrated now. I seem to consistently get to Styx now though, but Redacted gets me every time. Once I didn't even get to the boss lol. Apart from that, trying to complete some prophecies seems like bullshit. I'm gonna have to use that darkness for the changing boons ability and even then I'm guessing I'll have a hard time. I'm also still missing some keepsake and the 6 things below them, plus the hidden aspects, with no idea how to unlock those. Plus the game has a very obvious summon mechanic and again I have no idea how to get that yet. I hope these things are not hidden until the story "ends" because I'm thinking I won't have any intention of playing it further if I get there. Still only 1 escape after 35 runs, always trying to complete prophecies and shit and never doing serious runs until yesterday, when I did two and they were crapped on by Redacted.
A lot of stuff unlocks when you beat Redacted.

Turning on God Mode is fine btw. Nothing changes except it's a bit easier.

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017
A lot of stuff unlocks when you beat Redacted.

Turning on God Mode is fine btw. Nothing changes except it's a bit easier.

But I beat an escape once already and all I got was this access to a room with statistics about my failed runs. lol
Unless you are saying more stuff unlocks with succesive escapes, which I find completely would have sense.
Oh and I unlocked the option to buy the Erebus portals renovation which I haven't ever used because the highest heat I can do is 1.

Yeah I was looking at the god mode and seeing what it actually did and if it was possible to deactivate it later and go back to normal, or if its accumulated benefits stay forever.

Guppeth

Oct 25, 2017
Sheffield, UK
But I beat an escape once already and all I got was this access to a room with statistics about my failed runs. lol
Unless you are saying more stuff unlocks with succesive escapes, which I find completely would have sense.
Oh and I unlocked the option to buy the Erebus portals renovation which I haven't ever used because the highest heat I can do is 1.

Yeah I was looking at the god mode and seeing what it actually did and if it was possible to deactivate it later and go back to normal, or if its accumulated benefits stay forever.
Some stuff unlocks when you're good friends with NPCs.
Don't bother buying Erebus portals (unless you already have) until you're playing Heat 5+. I bought them right away and regretted the waste of currency!

You can deactivate God Mode with no issues, yeah. And if you turn it back on, it remembers how far the buff stacked so you don't have to start building it up again.

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017
Some stuff unlocks when you're good friends with NPCs.
Don't bother buying Erebus portals (unless you already have) until you're playing Heat 5+. I bought them right away and regretted the waste of currency!

You can deactivate God Mode with no issues, yeah. And if you turn it back on, it remembers how far the buff stacked so you don't have to start building it up again.

I bought it yeah haha. I figured it would be useful after having one escape but I was wrong. I think you actually advised me before against buying them but I understood back then it appeared way sooner. Anyway there's not a lot more to get with diamonds for now, and I can farm them easily with the pact of punishment I guess. The hydra is quite easy and many of the pact options don't seem to affect that much, plus there are 6 weapons = 6 diamonds per rank.

That's awesome about God Mode, I'll give it a try and do a couple escapes I guess and see if I unlock more things.

I think I'm near advancing some npc plotlines, but still nobody accepts Amrbrosias from me. Some of them have their hearts with a lock in their journal page (some even for a long time, like Skelly).

Skiptastic

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I think I'm near advancing some npc plotlines, but still nobody accepts Amrbrosias from me. Some of them have their hearts with a lock in their journal page (some even for a long time, like Skelly).
Took me forever to get Meg and Than to unlock their hearts, and then suddenly, they unlocked one right after the other lol.

So far, I've only fully unlocked one NPC (Athena) and there are still times she screws me and doesn't give me Divine Dash at the outset, which is usually my #1 desire because of my play style (run into a fray and slash with Stygius then dash when I see they are about to attack).

moeman

Oct 25, 2017
Is there something I'm missing with Aphrodites? I feel like her booms are the weakest (no pun intended) in the game. I'm generally a pretty aggressive player so I like damage stacking boons. I'm also having trouble finding viability with the sword. Seems like there's no good long range options aside from using cast (even the fists have a hammer upgrade that increases their range). I find hades to be really tough without having some ranged offensive options. I've only cleared attempts with the spear and bow so far.

Skiptastic

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Is there something I'm missing with Aphrodites? I feel like her booms are the weakest (no pun intended) in the game. I'm generally a pretty aggressive player so I like damage stacking boons. I'm also having trouble finding viability with the sword. Seems like there's no good long range options aside from using cast (even the fists have a hammer upgrade that increases their range). I find REDACTED to be really tough without having some ranged offensive options. I've only cleared attempts with the spear and bow so far.
I basically main Stygius (the sword). There are a couple of ways I beat Redacted, depending on the Daedalus hammers and boons I get. Most of the time I try to get Divine Dash (Athena) and just dodge his attacks (hard to do when he does the circle swipe). Then I aim for the combo of the fast slash and projectile on slashes or I do the one where you get -60% health but get +2 health for every sword hit. I just go buckwild after dodging and slash the crap out of him to earn back health.

There's no doubt that the sword is definitely a challenge, but I enjoy it. I toss on some Demeter casts boosted to cause Chill (or get Chill on my sword) and that slows Redacted down a good bit. I'm really bad at stacking damage, so I can't help you from that style of play.

BobbyRawlins

Oct 25, 2017
arent Aphro's dmg increases the biggest in the game tho?

i did a pretty fun merciful end run on chiron bow last night. ME isnt just for fists! felt very kinetic

megalowho

Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY
Is there something I'm missing with Aphrodites? I feel like her booms are the weakest (no pun intended) in the game. I'm generally a pretty aggressive player so I like damage stacking boons. I'm also having trouble finding viability with the sword. Seems like there's no good long range options aside from using cast (even the fists have a hammer upgrade that increases their range). I find hades to be really tough without having some ranged offensive options. I've only cleared attempts with the spear and bow so far.
Aphrodite's Call can help make the last two boss encounters much more manageable since Charm interrupts, and at full god gauge it does a ton of burst damage. Doesn't need much synergy with other gods to do it's thing. Plus high damage buff percentages on attack and special if that's what you're looking for in a build.

Damage reduction may not be everyone's strategy but going in on Weak + Different League will help with survivability, and a Rare/Epic+ Life Affirmation can really shape a run if you pick it up early and sell it in Styx once you're nice and tanky. Nice one to pair with an aspect like Arthur too when you're trying to make up for a health penalty up front.

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
I like Aphro's cast a lot because it's basically just a shotgun cast. It does force you to be really close to your target(s) so it might not work for every weapon. It's a great cast for a Hera/Beowulf build, though.

In a sense it's the sibling to Dio's cast. Same high damage, but Aphro lodges into the enemy whereas Dio drops on the ground and stays there for a few seconds. This makes it easier to retrieve Aphro's, plus you get the damage reduction/bonus from one of the mirror talents. Dio's doesn't lodge into enemies, but his cast offers better crowd control through the festive fog effect.

Aphro's attack and special are also good as off-focus picks that just need to apply a status effect and do as much damage as possible. Aspect of Chiron is a good example. Most of your damage will come from your special, but to use your special you first need to tag an enemy with your attack. Aphro's a good choice for that, since it offers the highest attack multiplier and applies weak status. It's not necessary to specifically go for her (unless you're shooting for a Artemis/Aphrodite duo boon build) but at the same time there's also no reason not to take it if you do run into her.

I do think building around Aphro alone is difficult. It's not like with Zeus where you can get his attack/special and buff them through his own boons. Aphrodite needs at least one other god to shine, which actually make sense given she's the goddess of love.

404Ender

Oct 25, 2017
arent Aphro's dmg increases the biggest in the game tho?

i did a pretty fun merciful end run on chiron bow last night. ME isnt just for fists! felt very kinetic

Interesting, how'd you have it setup to quickly trigger Doom (quicker than it normally would anyway)? Ares on special and Athena on dash? That could be pretty nice if you have that boon that lets Doom stack…

I've only really made it work with weapons that can attack quickly (any fist aspect with Athena dash, and Chaos shield with bull rush => point blank special)