• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What is your favorite weapon?

• Stygius / Stygian Blade

Votes: 69 7.0%
  • Varatha / Eternal Spear

Votes: 234 23.7%
  • Aegis / Shield of Chaos

Votes: 191 19.3%
  • Coronacht / Heart-Seeking Bow

Votes: 217 22.0%
  • Malphon / Twin Fists of Malphon

Votes: 189 19.1%
  • Exagryph / Adamant Rail

Votes: 88 8.9%

• Total voters

Olli

Feb 6, 2021
Just wanted to give people a heads up that the game is currently available for 5.19 in the UK through Epics mega sale (with the 10 pound voucher). Excited to finally jump in.

Anatole

Mar 25, 2020
21BA7F3F23B930467899B5F1770727E15B75764C

After 87 hours, 85 runs, and 46 clears, I am almost done with Hades. I completed a 16 heat run and EM4. Every relationship is maxed except Achilles, Patroclus and Hypnos. All that's left on my personal list (and my achievement list) is to finish the Achilles storyline.

The game really opened up for me right as I reached the end. I had never consciously tried to control boon RNG; I always just picked the gods and keepsakes with whom I needed to progress my friendship and then selected the boons that looked interesting.

I only started trying to build towards specific legendaries and duos when I was doing the achievement to purge a legendary boon. Understanding the boon tier system has been liberating; with the sheer DPS that some of these builds can put out, Hades feels like a whole new game. It's almost sad that I found the next level of this game now, as I don't think I am going to stick around once the Achilles storyline is complete.

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
How cool would it be if you could transfer your Steam save to the PS5 version and get a free plat :p Save transfer was possible on Switch but that probably won't happen for PS.

SeanShards

Oct 25, 2017
E4mQjqPXIAESmAv

I've been playing off and on since Steam Early Access, and finally, after about 42 runs...I actually got a clear. I know I now have to work on the Pact and the True Ending...but I'm so relieved. I love this game to death but I legit thought I'd never beat a run.

(Sorry for bump but I'm so damn happy rn)

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
E4mQjqPXIAESmAv

I've been playing off and on since Steam Early Access, and finally, after about 42 runs...I actually got a clear. I know I now have to work on the Pact and the True Ending...but I'm so relieved. I love this game to death but I legit thought I'd never beat a run.

(Sorry for bump but I'm so damn happy rn)
Nice!

Oct 26, 2017
I just started playing Hades and I'm enjoying it a lot so far! I've never played a rogue-like before so I turned on God mode to help me along. Haven't escaped the Underworld yet. I've gotten to Styx a couple of times though.

I'd like to fish but it seems like I've only ever seen one spot. I know there's supposed to be a sound for when one appears but I must keep missing it.

Apr 28, 2020
I just started playing Hades and I'm enjoying it a lot so far! I've never played a rogue-like before so I turned on God mode to help me along. Haven't escaped the Underworld yet. I've gotten to Styx a couple of times though.

I'd like to fish but it seems like I've only ever seen one spot. I know there's supposed to be a sound for when one appears but I must keep missing it.

There is a bell chime when you are close to one, or you can also look for the bright shining spot in any area outside solid land (lava, water, clouds)

Guppeth

Oct 25, 2017
Sheffield, UK

When you clear a room, you'll hear a loud chime when you kill the last enemy. You won't be able to see the fish until then.
If it's a room with no enemies, you'll hear the chime as you enter and the fish will be visible immediately.

It's a very clear "ping, Zag got an email!" kind of noise. Once you realise what it is, you won't miss it again.

Nappuccino

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
When you clear a room, you'll hear a loud chime when you kill the last enemy. You won't be able to see the fish until then.
If it's a room with no enemies, you'll hear the chime as you enter and the fish will be visible immediately.

It's a very clear "ping, Zag got an email!" kind of noise. Once you realise what it is, you won't miss it again.
I'm pretty sure you can see the fishing spot before the fight ends, but yeah, there's a bell chime once a fight is over that let's you know you fish and you should look for the spot.

Fishing spots are pretty rare, and it's pretty easy to complete a couple runs without seeing one. (It's some percentage chance per room, though I'm not sure what that chance is, exactly).

Guppeth

Oct 25, 2017
Sheffield, UK
Thanks for the tips! I have to play muted a lot so I'll trying using headphones so I can hear it better.
The fish have a number of fixed spawn points in each room, so after (many) runs you'll know where to check. But they can be hard to spot if you don't know they're there. At least if you hear the chime you'll know you're not wasting your time.

Also, your life will be better if you don't play Hades muted. I know it's necessary sometimes.

SeanShards

Oct 25, 2017
Rolled credits today. An all-timer of a game for me, no question. Definitely my 2020 GOTY without a shadow of a doubt.

Now for the long road to high heat clears and the epilogue!

Apr 28, 2020
I love this game. Up to 180 runs or something like that. I think I have reached my limit though, with heat of 18. Anything beyond that is really pushing it...

Zissou

Oct 26, 2017
So what's the easiest setup for a Heat 16 run?

Been trying different combos with no success so far

32 heat, but the thinking can be applied to 16 heat. When I was hitting a wall, picking boons for specific gods to make a targeted build really helped. For 16 heat, a pretty easy pact configuration would be:

Damage control (2 heat): for some weapons, this barely matters. I was using bow (aspect of chiron), so I was doing a million hits anyway.
Extreme measures rank 2 (3 heat): extreme measures versions of the furies and bone hydra are pretty easy to deal with in the grand scheme of things.
Jury summons (3 heat): having to deal with more enemies isn't so bad.
Routine inspection rank 2 (4 heat): the highest level mirror buffs aren't that crazy. You can live without the slightly higher chance for epic boons or whatever.
Middle management (2 heat): adding an elite to mini-bosses isn't too bad. Obviously this doesn't affect most rooms either, which is nice.
Calisthenics program (2 heat): takes longer to kill enemies, but they're not being made more threatening.

This will depend on weapon though, of course.

Spacecowboy

Oct 27, 2017
32 heat, but the thinking can be applied to 16 heat. When I was hitting a wall, picking boons for specific gods to make a targeted build really helped. For 16 heat, a pretty easy pact configuration would be:

Damage control (2 heat): for some weapons, this barely matters. I was using bow (aspect of chiron), so I was doing a million hits anyway.
Extreme measures rank 2 (3 heat): extreme measures versions of the furies and bone hydra are pretty easy to deal with in the grand scheme of things.
Jury summons (3 heat): having to deal with more enemies isn't so bad.
Routine inspection rank 2 (4 heat): the highest level mirror buffs aren't that crazy. You can live without the slightly higher chance for epic boons or whatever.
Middle management (2 heat): adding an elite to mini-bosses isn't too bad. Obviously this doesn't affect most rooms either, which is nice.
Calisthenics program (2 heat): takes longer to kill enemies, but they're not being made more threatening.

This will depend on weapon though, of course.

Cheers!

Actually managed it pretty easily with some of your tips :)

Oct 26, 2017
The fish have a number of fixed spawn points in each room, so after (many) runs you'll know where to check. But they can be hard to spot if you don't know they're there. At least if you hear the chime you'll know you're not wasting your time.

Also, your life will be better if you don't play Hades muted. I know it's necessary sometimes.

I do play unmuted most of the time except when it's late at night. I've caught many fish since I posted but not one that is considered "rare". The RNG has not been kind to me.

Arrrammis

Oct 25, 2017
I do play unmuted most of the time except when it's late at night. I've caught many fish since I posted but not one that is considered "rare". The RNG has not been kind to me.
I ended up looking up rates a while back because I was curious, and turns out it's not RNG which fish you get

When the vertical line pops up while fishing you have .7 seconds to pull up the fish, and here's how to breaks down:
0-.33 seconds: rare fish
.34-.7 seconds: normal fish

I've found that I can get the rare fish almost every time by just watching above where the pole is, and clicking when the bright vertical line pops up, rather than watching the rest of the animation. Also helps not to get faked out by the early dips!

Oct 26, 2017
Is there going to be art book for this game? I love the way everything looks.

I ended up looking up rates a while back because I was curious, and turns out it's not RNG which fish you get

When the vertical line pops up while fishing you have .7 seconds to pull up the fish, and here's how to breaks down:
0-.33 seconds: rare fish
.34-.7 seconds: normal fish

I've found that I can get the rare fish almost every time by just watching above where the pole is, and clicking when the bright vertical line pops up, rather than watching the rest of the animation. Also helps not to get faked out by the early dips!

Thanks!

I didn't realize the timing matters.

denisqc

Avenger
Dec 7, 2017
FYI Hades is now available in Gamepass.
though I cannot import my Epic Game Store saves to it ...
my saves from EGS are there :

C:\Users\(redacted)\OneDrive\Documents\Saved Games\Hades

the Gamepass ones seem to be there (once i started the game and died once, in order to have a save) :

C:\Users\(redacted)\AppData\Local\Packages\SupergiantGamesLLC.Hades_q53c1yqmx7pha\SystemAppData\wgs\0009000003AC005B_0000000000000000000000006AB487C4\7FF2BD11D896471F9D41B828D545C9A7

but their names are random, not the Profile1.sav that I have from Gamepass

edit :
taking my profile1.sav from EGS
copy paste in the Gamepass folder
copying the name of the biggest file there, renamed this file and renamin my .sav file with the copied name
restart Hades and all is there

next step is booting it from my xbox to see if it synced

denisqc

Avenger
Dec 7, 2017
ok then did not sync
so i booted it from my pc, opend my save, got TONS of achievments
will die to save and see if it will force sync cloud

eek

Oct 26, 2017
FYI Hades is now available in Gamepass.
though I cannot import my Epic Game Store saves to it ...
my saves from EGS are there :

C:\Users\(redacted)\OneDrive\Documents\Saved Games\Hades

the Gamepass ones seem to be there (once i started the game and died once, in order to have a save) :

C:\Users\(redacted)\AppData\Local\Packages\SupergiantGamesLLC.Hades_q53c1yqmx7pha\SystemAppData\wgs\0009000003AC005B_0000000000000000000000006AB487C4\7FF2BD11D896471F9D41B828D545C9A7

but their names are random, not the Profile1.sav that I have from Gamepass

edit :
taking my profile1.sav from EGS
copy paste in the Gamepass folder
copying the name of the biggest file there, renamed this file and renamin my .sav file with the copied name
restart Hades and all is there

next step is booting it from my xbox to see if it synced
nice! unlocks achievements you would've unlocked too :)

oipic

Oct 25, 2017
Is it possible to import saves from steam to the PC Game Pass version?

jim2011 kindly shared their solution in the Game Pass thread:

FYI, the save files are compatible (but named differently) between Hades on Steam/Epic and Windows Store/Xbox. Since Hades is Play Anywhere, the Windows Store progress transfers to Xbox and back. I was able to get my Switch save to Epic through normal cross-save and then to the Windows Store which has cross-save with Xbox. The Xbox version loaded my save just fine. I was then able to reverse the process and get my latest progress from Xbox on Switch. Here's my reddit post with how to do it.

The tremendously-helpful Reddit post linked to there covers Steam save files as well.

laughingmood

Apr 29, 2018
Love this game but one thing I thought may have been a Switch issue but I now that I have it on PS5, I think is just a choice they made that I'm not loving, is how far the camera is pulled back. Even on my 65" 4k screen it feels like it's a bunch of tiny shapes doing stuff. Isometric perspective is my favorite and I get it has to do with the design of the overall game play but it makes it a bit tough to connect with, personally.

Headman Rum

Oct 28, 2017
Probably my fault for starting this up for the first time with my 7 year old boy (who is getting into Greek mythology) around, but he's taken over and won't let me have a go now! Luckily he missed the 'Piss' utterance at the start…
From what I've seen, I definitely understand what the hype was about (even as someone whose gaming skills are not what they used to be).

modernkicks

Apr 7, 2020
had the switch version but didn't get too deep into it but I bought the PS5 version on a whim last night and it's a real nice upgrade over the switch version on the tv

Almyn

Oct 26, 2017
N-Ireland
Anyone else having problems with achievements unlocking on Xbox? There's quite a bit of screen tearing happening on Series S also which is really disappointing.

Might try Sending my switch save to the EGS version and cheating a bit that way. I'm totally up for another 100% play through lol

BoxManLocke

Oct 25, 2017
France
Shit, even though I played it on PC like a year ago I remember the mechanics way too much ; I just reached Elysium on my second run lmao

I should probably have put it on hell mode right away

BloodHound

Oct 27, 2017
The platinum trophy for this game is gonna be insane to get.

Also...no refreshed OT for the console release?

apathetic

Oct 25, 2017
The platinum trophy for this game is gonna be insane to get.

Also...no refreshed OT for the console release?

Na, it was relativity easy for a roguelite I feel. Don't think I went out of my way to do anything specifically for it. Like I wasn't willing to go into crazy heat levels. Hell I've been meaning to get back into the game because I know I didn't get all the dialog in the game yet, just started getting bored from the same levels. And I'm not some "progamer" just average/above at best.

BloodHound

Oct 27, 2017
Na, it was relativity easy for a roguelite I feel. Don't think I went out of my way to do anything specifically for it. Like I wasn't willing to go into crazy heat levels. Hell I've been meaning to get back into the game because I know I didn't get all the dialog in the game yet, just started getting bored from the same levels. And I'm not some "progamer" just average/above at best.
Is the platinum trophy the same as the steam achievements? For the platinum, you have to do EM heat levels for example.

apathetic

Oct 25, 2017
Is the platinum trophy the same as the steam achievements? For the platinum, you have to do EM heat levels for example.

I guess I just assumed that it was without looking. From a quick look I think it is. 16 heat is the highest it requires which isn't hard or the highest you can go/need to go for ingame "rewards".

JMY86

Oct 27, 2017
United States
I have been waiting for Hades on Game Pass and put a couple hours in so far and I am enjoying it but I am definitely not great at it. I have a lot to learn and a long way to go, but onward I trudge...