• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kyougar

Cute Animal Whisperer
Nov 3, 2017
FYI it is constantly updating the rankings, it is not a year-end-list.

That's why Among Us shot to place 2 in the 2018 rankings with well over 460k reviews.

2018topa5kjq.png

Deleted member 2840

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
And I remember people being worried that the timed EGS exclusivity would lead to review bombs when the game finally arrived on Steam

DC5remy

Jan 20, 2018
Denver co
Do you always have to beat the first boss again after you die? I have made it to the mini map showing I progress, but after I die it always makes me go through the first area again, and have to best Meg again

mrmickfran

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Gongaga
I might just get it on Switch while it's still on sale

Not the biggest fan of roguelikes but the core gameplay looks fun as hell

Zuly

Oct 26, 2017
Puerto Rico
Do you always have to beat the first boss again after you die? I have made it to the mini map showing I progress, but after I die it always makes me go through the first area again, and have to best Meg again
That's how the genre works. They're generally short ventures with tons of replayability so don't be too concerned with having to start all over again when you die.

Duffking

Oct 27, 2017
Good to know. I figured I was missing a gateway or something
Some roguelikes, especially longer ones actually do offer portals that let you skip early stages at the expense of missing a few rewards (Enter the Gungeon), but Hades doesn't. You'll tear through the first floor in a couple of minutes with a bit of practice though.

snausages

Feb 12, 2018
I thought I would try this after basically avoiding the entire genre cause I hated the idea of it. While I can see the quality I still hate roguelike, it's just too boring to me to do the first stage over and over when I want to do the more challenging later stuff. What happens is I end up so disengaged by repeating old content that I end up playing worse and dying to the first boss even when I know exactly how to deal with her.

I know it's the genre but was kinda hoping this would be the cross over hit that could win me over, but rogue like will never not feel like work to me that just isn't worth it. Kinda jealous I can't enjoy this game but whatevers.

Sai

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Chicago
deserved. my goty 2020. best fuckin game i sunk my time into all year.

b0uncyfr0

Apr 2, 2018
Nothing but praise for Hades, GOTY for me. Everyone should play it ; even if you dont ilke rogue likes, you just might like it enough. iIts that polished.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
I played this for about 30 minutes before I stopped. It wasn't bad, just didn't have time to play any longer. Is the first 30 minutes representative of the game in general? Does something special happen later on? Because aside from the voice acting and the art, I wasn't impressed?? I'm playing it later this week to try and finish it since I'm actually off and have some free time finally.
If you're struggling there is a option that gives you a buff the more times you fail, all the way up to 80% I believe. At least that way you can experience it all

D23

Oct 25, 2017
Went out and bought this game due to the hyped and all the goty awards. 6 hrs in yeah thhis game is crack