• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I guess I'll give this game a try. Does it run ok on the Switch?

Resoultion doesn't look 1080 while docked (you can see how blurry it looks at times) but it's much sharper in handheld. And frames can possibly drop when chambers are full of enemies. Other than that it's been a near flawless experience.

myzhi

Oct 27, 2017
Guess, I should try this game after all the GOTY rewards. If I owned the studio, I would sale it ASAP.

ByWatterson

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
User Banned (1 Week): Trolling, Derailing Thread
This feels like Shakespeare in Love when Saving Private Ryan is just staring you in the face.

I haven't played it, so I'm not saying it's a bad pick, but based on what I know, it's hard for me to imagine Hades achieves more in the medium than TLOU2.

Piston

Oct 25, 2017
This feels like Shakespeare in Love when Saving Private Ryan is just staring you in the face.

I haven't played it, so I'm not saying it's a bad pick, but based on what I know, it's hard for me to imagine Hades achieves more in the medium than TLOU2.
I'm not saying anything about TLOU2 but Hades is one of the best games I've ever played and clearly many outlets agree with me. It is super deserving on many levels. It isn't that hard to see when it essentially perfects a whole genre of games in one swoop.

Maybe you should give it a try rather than dismiss it like this.

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017

Well some people like Gweneth Paltrow getting sexed up. Don't be so narrow minded.

Every year we get people filling their diapers over variety in taste. So funny, always.

Oct 29, 2017

I've played it for a dozen hours or more on the switch in handheld mode, works perfectly fine. Even better docked of course.

Honestly I think it's a perfect game for the switch.

Also, TLOU2 is an amazing game and probably still my GOTY for 2020, but I can think of no development team that I am happier for right now in receiving the accolades they are than Supergiant Games. They are a team of really cool people and each game they put out has been a blast, oozing with style and unique gameplay.

KodaRuss

Oct 27, 2017
Texas
Resoultion doesn't look 1080 while docked (you can see how blurry it looks at times) but it's much sharper in handheld. And frames can possibly drop when chambers are full of enemies. Other than that it's been a near flawless experience.
It's run great for me so far.
runs great for me so far (handheld mode, haven't tried docked). 15 or so hours in.
Runs near perfect on Switch
50+ hours on it and after the Patch It plays smooth 95% of the time

Thanks for all the responses. I would definitely prefer to play it on the Switch, buying today.

Guess, I should try this game after all the GOTY rewards. If I owned the studio, I would sale it ASAP.
It is on sale right now for $20 on both Steam and Nintendo E-Shop. Normally it is $25

Deleted member 3017

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The only issue with Hades on Switch is the resolution is a bit low when docked....but you'll get used to it within 10 minutes. It doesn't bother me anymore (and apparently resolution is perfect in handheld). Overall, it's one of the best games on Switch, period.

Nairume

SaGa Sage
Oct 25, 2017

You are massively underestimating the storytelling and everything else in Hades.

Xeonidus

“Fuck them kids.”
Oct 28, 2017
I haven't played TLOU2 yet (just installed it last night!). Hades is really good though so I'm not surprised. This is coming from someone who considers TLOU one of the very best of all time. I can't wait to dive into two though and see for myself.

Trey

Oct 25, 2017

Why even play yourself and offer your opinion on a subject when by your own admission you don't have the requisite experience to do so?

ByWatterson

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Why even play yourself and offer your opinion on a subject when by your own admission you don't have the requisite experience to do so?

I didn't offer any opinion on the game itself. I'm only saying the awards dynamic feels like critics intentionally avoiding the obvious choice to reward a plucky achiever.

Deleted member 3017

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I didn't offer any opinion on the game itself. I'm only saying the awards dynamic feels like critics intentionally avoiding the obvious choice to reward a plucky achiever.
As someone who thinks TLoU2 is brilliant, particularly in how it handles narrative and structure...

...I think Hades' handling of both is far more interesting.

Both games are worthy of their accolades.

Gotdatmoney

Oct 28, 2017

If you haven't played it why are you even commenting about what it does or doesn't do? Shit makes 0 sense.

Apr 25, 2020
I don't think I will ever get the appeal of rogue-lites. If it weren't for predatory monetization in any form, procedural generation would be the worst thing to ever happen to video games.

ADS

Oct 27, 2017
Well deserved. Not sure why Hades winning GOTY makes people so angry? It's a great game.

Oct 27, 2017

In what way do you suspect TLOU2 achieves more in the medium than Hades? Does the story of brutal vengeance inherently mean more in terms of storytelling than what's in Hades? Does a linear third person shooter mean more in terms of gameplay than what Hades offers in comparison? What metric are you using to base this off of?

Senator Toadstool

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
congrats! i hate roguelikes but love this game. idk how they did it but the game is amazing

that's I think why I'm happy it's winning. it made a genre accessible and fun to someone who typically dislikes it

Bacon

Oct 26, 2017
In what way do you suspect TLOU2 achieves more in the medium than Hades? Does the story of brutal vengeance inherently mean more in terms of storytelling than what's in Hades? Does a linear third person shooter mean more in terms of gameplay than what Hades offers in comparison? What metric are you using to base this off of?

The guy hasn't even played Hades and somehow knows that TLOU2 did more the medium. Serious clownshoes