• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Chivalry

Chicken Chaser
Banned
Nov 22, 2018
What are the issues? I'm legit asking. Don't own the game yet but have been considering it for a bit now.
www.resetera.com

Hades has sold more than 1 million copies

People have been complaining about visual noise distracting from enemy attacks and obstructing enemies (the gun with explosives is the worst), effects blending together because they're the same color (say the third boss's purple arrow is the same as the purple rings around the stage), enemy...

Oct 27, 2017
Must... resist. I still need to play Transistor ffs.
You absolutely do not need to play Transistor first. They are completely different games and would appeal to different interests. I've only played and finished Bastion and didn't really even like it that much. I played about 15 minutes of Transistor and realized it wasn't really a game for me. Hades is easily the best game they've put out to date.

Letters

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
btw, hades is currently the best reviewed game of the year according to opencritic

screenshot2020-09-20a3okwv.png
Mmm.. WOW

Nice to see Alyx in top 3 too.

Speely

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It's also nice to see a studio with a healthy development environment enjoy critical and commercial success. Happy devs = caring about the product. SG is prolly my favorite studio.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
You absolutely do not need to play Transistor first. They are completely different games and would appeal to different interests. I've only played and finished Bastion and didn't really even like it that much. I played about 15 minutes of Transistor and realized it wasn't really a game for me. Hades is easily the best game they've put out to date.

Yeah, I think I'm biting lol

Thanks!

Speely

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Pyre is the only game of theirs that is not on Switch apparently. Was it bad?
Not bad at all. It's actually great... it's just a quite weird game that isn't for everyone. Pretty niche design.

It does what it does very well and it has tons of heart, great world-building, and fun gameplay. I love it.

Beeblebrox

Oct 28, 2017
Can't wait to play it, will buy it day one on PS4/PS5. Really glad for Supergiant... and I'm thinking I could finally go back to Pyre (and replay Bastion and Transistor) while I wait for Hades :D

HemoGoblin

Nov 3, 2017
This game is rad so far. My first two runs I didn't make it out of the first area, on my third I beat the first area and the second, then I died at the first boss I faced in the third area, the bull Minos dude. I'm liking it so far, although the story breadcrumbs have been pretty light

ravnelis

Prophet of Regret
Jan 1, 2018
Finally played it today after buying it last Friday and I must say it's fantastic. I don't even like rogue like games but this is just so much fun. On top of being a fun game, it also has great art style and music.

Oct 27, 2017
This game is rad so far. My first two runs I didn't make it out of the first area, on my third I beat the first area and the second, then I died at the first boss I faced in the third area, the bull Minos dude. I'm liking it so far, although the story breadcrumbs have been pretty light
Make sure you talk to everyone after every run!

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
Great for them. I hope they can justify a Playstation port. I loved their other three games.

zzzyz36

Oct 23, 2018
It looks great, reviewing well, hope to check it out at some point but cant decide between PC and switch.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Pyre is the only game of theirs that is not on Switch apparently. Was it bad?

Pyre is incredible and it's my personal favorite of theirs, but it's a very acquired taste. It didn't sell very well as a result, so I don't think Supergiant saw any point in porting it over to Switch unfortunately. It's too bad because I would love to play Pyre in handheld. It'd be perfect for it.

Machine Law

Oct 26, 2017
Not bad at all. It's actually great... it's just a quite weird game that isn't for everyone. Pretty niche design.

It does what it does very well and it has tons of heart, great world-building, and fun gameplay. I love it.
It's brilliant like all their games but it was different and not everyone's cup of tea.
Not at all, it's my favorite Supergiant game and one of the best sports games I've played...ever.

They just wanted to focus all of their resources on Hades instead of porting Pyre
Pyre is incredible and it's my personal favorite of theirs, but it's a very acquired taste. It didn't sell very well as a result, so I don't think Supergiant saw any point in porting it over to Switch unfortunately. It's too bad because I would love to play Pyre in handheld. It'd be perfect for it.

Reviews definitely seem to agree it's a great game, I'll have to try it on PC.

Deleted member 3017

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It should sell more when it comes to consoles with a combined install base of over 150 million units.

Whenever that happens.
It'll sell more overall (obviously), but it won't sell near as much as it has on Switch and PC. Supergiant made the right move prioritizing Switch if they only have the resources for one console port at the moment.

A PS5 / XSX port early next year would be a smart move though, if they've got the resources.

GK86

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks to this thread, I will be picking it up. Never heard or read a thing about this game before this thread.

ron_bato

Oct 25, 2017
Happy for Supergiant games, I loved Transistor and Pyre, and can't wait to eventually get my hands on this! Everything I've seen looks excellent.

Speely

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks to this thread, I will be picking it up. Never heard or read a thing about this game before this thread.
Best way to go in. You're in for a treat.

Also, I just double-dipped and bought the Switch version just so I can show my roomates how it plays. They are kinda cold on it and I am like "nah, fam." My steam link setup has some latency issues, so I refuse to let anyone see me playing that way lol.

LossAversion

The Merchant of ERA
Oct 28, 2017
Well deserved. Supergiant are one of the best developers around these days. I'm loving Hades. I'm surprised it hasn't launched on PS4 yet though. I bet the Switch ports of Bastion and Transistor sold insanely well or something. Whatever they have to do to stay in business, I'm all for it. I'll double dip when Hades comes to PS4 anyway.