• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Tuorom

Oct 30, 2017
Oh huh never heard of this before. It looks really good, I'll have to check it out I've been hankering for a roguelike experience.

Speely

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Random aside:

Megaera is bae. Zagreus is bae. I love that some of the designs in this game manage to be sexy but not objectifying. More of a subtle thing. It helps that the characters' stories and VA contribute so much to their allure.

Refreshing to see devs who can include the sort of inherent horniness and debaucherous nature of the Greek pantheon without devolving into objectifying pandering. A really classy touch imo.

Sorry for slightly off-topic post, but I figured some folks who've yet to play might like knowing some of this stuff. ;)

PlatypusDude

Oct 25, 2017
Picked it up now that it's fully out and greatly enjoyed what I've played in-between playing Mario, despite not usually being into roguelikes.

Supergiant is such a great developer I'm glad this is doing well especially after Pyre seemed to have ho-hum sales. Seriously pick up Pyre if you haven't.

Oct 25, 2017
Best game of 2020 alongside Spelunky 2. Great sales but deserves so much more. It's impressive that it sold 300k since it's release which was........ this week.

Firmus_Anguis

Oct 30, 2017
I always think of the legendary Greg Kasavin whenever their new games get released... So happy for him and his team!

CrazyAznKT

Nov 8, 2017
I usually burn out on roguelikes fast but I'm really enjoying Hades because you get to choose your upgrades and interact with other characters - not a fan of when roguelikes make you feel so isolated.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
btw, hades is currently the best reviewed game of the year according to opencritic

screenshot2020-09-20a3okwv.png

Speely

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
btw, hades is currently the best reviewed game of the year according to opencritic

screenshot2020-09-20a3okwv.png
Wow! I mean, I can see it. There's so little to fault the game for. It does what it sets out to do pretty much flawlessly. Interestingly, I am seeing lots of good impressions from folks who don't usually like roguelikes.

Manu

Oct 27, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Wow! I mean, I can see it. There's so little to fault the game for. It does what it sets out to do pretty much flawlessly. Interestingly, I am seeing lots of good impressions from folks who don't usually like roguelikes.
I don't like roguelikes for the most part and I'm having a blast. This and Binding of Isaac are the only two I could seriously get into.

Supergiant can do no wrong.

chanman

Nov 9, 2017
Okay I'm going to get this, still haven't put much time into RoR2 so right nw I have two great Rougelikes to play through.

Speely

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Hades is like diablo? It is long?
Nah it's not like Diablo or long. It's a run-based roguelike with strong character development that changes every run. TONS of very well voice-acted dialogue. It's very much a try, die, repeat game with some permanent upgrades and some run-specific ones. You're also rewarded with new story beats after each run, pretty much.

Not loot-based. More upgrade-based.

It's not very long. Just challenging and ever-changing. Really satisfying reward loop.

Rodelero

Oct 27, 2017
I guess technically I bought this during EA but didn't actually play until 1.0. It's absolutely excellent, pretty confident this will end up as my favourite roguelite taking that spot from Dead Cells.

Speely

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I guess technically I bought this during EA but didn't actually play until 1.0. It's absolutely excellent, pretty confident this will end up as my favourite roguelite taking that spot from Dead Cells.
Are you me? DC was pretty much my fav until Hades as well. (Still love DC, tho.)

Actually, I have seen lots of Dead Cells fans praising this game, and it's easy to see why.

OP
OP
gitrektali

gitrektali

Feb 22, 2018
Are you me? DC was pretty much my fav until Hades as well. (Still love DC, tho.)

Actually, I have seen lots of Dead Cells fans praising this game, and it's easy to see why.
I think in general Dead Cells has way more depth than Hades, but Hades as a whole is more polished, and the way it intervenes the narrative with the rogue-lite elements is so impressive.

Speely

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I want to double dip on switch just to support SG, but I already play the steam version with a switch pro controller, and I can't imagine trying to follow the chaos in portable mode, especially with joycon drift.

Bosch

Banned
May 15, 2019
Nah it's not like Diablo or long. It's a run-based roguelike with strong character development that changes every run. TONS of very well voice-acted dialogue. It's very much a try, die, repeat game with some permanent upgrades and some run-specific ones. You're also rewarded with new story beats after each run, pretty much.

Not loot-based. More upgrade-based.

It's not very long. Just challenging and ever-changing. Really satisfying reward loop.
Oh I see thanks.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Bought it on switch yesterday, lots of fun. I can appreciate what they tried to do with pyre but it just got a little old a bit too fast.

Oct 27, 2017
Peru
Damn, I'm tempted to get this on Switch after all the great impressions and comparisons to Dead Cells (a game that I got dangerously addicted to) but I'm still waiting for a physical release.

Oct 25, 2017
Any good videos that summarize why it's worth playing?

I keep hearing good things about it but i've been ignoring it because I don't like rouge likes

MaxAugust

Jan 28, 2018
Well deserved. Supergiant is one of the greatest game studios around and Hades is maybe their best game.

Sorel

Oct 27, 2017
God damn ! Super for happy for SuperGiant Games. Haven't bought it yet but will certainly do.

donkey

Sumo Digital Dev
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
The EA paid off. It's a fantastic game and a top-tier roguelite for sure.

Dec 27, 2019
Seattle
I only played a bit early on in early access, but it felt great even then. Looking forward to playing through the finished version here soon.

Zem

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
This dev team is insane. Like their "worst" game would still be an 8 or 9 out of 10. So thoroughly deserved, Hades could end up being my GOTY.

data

Oct 25, 2017
Congrats to the SuperGiant team!

Loving all the (VOICED!) dialogue in the game.

Bede-x

Oct 25, 2017
No doubt they deserve that and more. Not too far into it, but the combat flows wonderfully, it looks fantastic and I even like the music.