• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

abstemious

Oct 28, 2017
I don't think the number of threads MIMIC creates has much to do with my point. This is an issue bigger than MIMIC.

There are just so many ways all of us, in any number of situations, can project sex negative and/or invasive attitudes without realizing it.

I'm curious about the limits of this sex positive inclusivity. Say a cishet dude shared weekly humorous anecdotes about visiting prostitutes, would that be ok or not?

Mary Celeste

Oct 25, 2017
Stop making threads about getting with people who have partners, it's fucked up and feels like bragging about causing pain

Kraid

Oct 25, 2017
Cuck Zone
I don't think the number of threads MIMIC creates has much to do with my point. This is an issue bigger than MIMIC.

There are just so many ways all of us, in any number of situations, can project sex negative and/or invasive attitudes without realizing it.
I mean, I guess I don't think "yo how often do you get tested?" is all that much of a sex negative question given the number of these threads we get and OP's... pattern of sleeping with different people (many of whom have other partners)?

Society, in general, is sex negative. But we shouldn't treat asking someone how often they get tested as negative or shameful. Like if we do that, what is it going to accomplish? We just... don't talk about it? We need to normalize talking about this kind of stuff. And I think that if OP is going to come here and spill his dirty business several times a month, that hey, it's probably good to have a discussion about this. Especially if OP is truly only getting tested every 3 months. That's not nearly frequently enough for just the number of posts they make.

The "I'm surprised you don't have an STI" type posts? Those are sex negative. "Did you bare back?" That's invasive. "When were you last tested?" is asking about the actual test, not the sex. Would I interrupt someone telling this story next to me at the bar to ask if they got tested? No. If I saw the same guy posted up at the bar all the time telling these stories? Yeah, I might.

Sirpopopop

_ _ _ w _ _ _
Oct 23, 2017
I used to hate these threads but now I love the pattern that emerges in these threads every time.

1. MIMIC makes some thread about him having sex with someone, usually married.
2. Posters either cheer him on or get upset at him.
3. The people from part 2 just argue with each other and it devolves into insults & shaming.
4. MIMIC sits back and enjoys the carnage.

My weekends are less joyful without the MIMIC thread pattern emerging.

Cosmic Bus

Oct 27, 2017
NY
I should start making threads every time a guy ghosted or ignored me, but I'd probably get banned for spamming so much.

Nexus2049

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User Warned: Thread Whining; Hostility; Please Consider Using the Ignore Functionality
I'm sorry but you're embarrassing and your threads are embarrassing. That's rude, but it needs to be said.

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
For example, if you were at a bar and somebody was telling a story about a recent sexcapade, most people likely wouldn't cut in to say "sounds like you have a lot of sex...do you get tested?" Because you'd likely get cussed out.
I agree with most of your post, but in this hypothetical if I went to the bar every week and the dude I know at the bar who is telling of a new adventure with a new partner every week, I'd probably mention it after the first few times.

GYODX

Oct 27, 2017
There is an orgy thread on the front-page. You're going to have to step your game up, bro. This does nothing me for anymore.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
I mean, I guess I don't think "yo how often do you get tested?" is all that much of a sex negative question given the number of these threads we get and OP's... pattern of sleeping with different people (many of whom have other partners)?

Society, in general, is sex negative. But we shouldn't treat asking someone how often they get tested as negative or shameful. Like if we do that, what is it going to accomplish? We just... don't talk about it? We need to normalize talking about this kind of stuff. And I think that if OP is going to come here and spill his dirty business several times a month, that hey, it's probably good to have a discussion about this. Especially if OP is truly only getting tested every 3 months. That's not nearly frequently enough for just the number of posts they make.

The "I'm surprised you don't have an STI" type posts? Those are sex negative. "Did you bare back?" That's invasive. "When were you last tested?" is asking about the actual test, not the sex. Would I interrupt someone telling this story next to me at the bar to ask if they got tested? No. If I saw the same guy posted up at the bar all the time telling these stories? Yeah, I might.

My only issue with this is that, unless you have a personal or professional (in matters of health) relationship with someone, what someone chooses to share with you about their sex life does not entitle you to further information they have not shared. Because it still comes down to a base assumption: "You're having what I deem to be a lot or too much sex, so I'm going to assume you are unconcerned with your sexual health and inquire accordingly." But hey, a question is a question, so go ahead and ask. But some questions are rude.

If I'm having sex with you, or if it's even a possibility, oh I definitely am going to ask about your sexual history. If we're having a general conversation about sexual health and all that entails, then yeah absolutely an environment should be fostered where people feel encouraged to share without judgment. But in this context, when what's stirred the discussion is the call being made that someone's having a lot of sex, then it's iffy for me. Because the judgement is being implied. Because, frankly, most people who are sexually active should be getting this question then. But pay attention to who tends to get asked "...do you get tested?"

PennyStonks

Banned
May 17, 2018
My only issue with this is that, unless you have a personal or professional (in matters of health) relationship with someone, what someone chooses to share with you about their sex life does not entitle you to further information they have not shared. Because it still comes down to a base assumption: "You're having what I deem to be a lot or too much sex, so I'm going to assume you are unconcerned with your sexual health and inquire accordingly." But hey, a question is a question, so go ahead and ask. But some questions are rude.

If I'm having sex with you, or if it's even a possibility, oh I definitely am going to ask about your sexual history. If we're having a general conversation about sexual health and all that entails, then yeah absolutely an environment should be fostered where people feel encouraged to share without judgment. But in this context, when what's stirred the discussion is the call being made that someone's having a lot of sex, then it's iffy for me. Because the judgement is being implied. Because, frankly, most people who are sexually active should be getting this question then. But pay attention to who tends to get asked "...do you get tested?"
If you are sharing sexcapades people can ask sex health shit.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
Why? All that should matter is 1) have you been tested, and if so what are the results, and 2) are we monogamous?

History shouldn't matter.

Sorry, I should have been clearer.

I meant history in regards to testing. Far be it from me to question the number of partners someone's had.

Keywork

Oct 25, 2017
Orgy Parties AND a good old MIMIC story time thread? It's officially the start of Weekend-ERA.

Chaos Legion

The Wise Ones
Oct 30, 2017
I used to hate these threads but now I love the pattern that emerges in these threads every time.

3. The people from part 2 just argue with each other and it devolves into insults & shaming.

LMAO. I enjoy the chaos.

These threads are great because it's fun to just laugh on Era every week, given the nonstop gloom that seems to be pretty much a permanent factor all over the world. Keep it up MIMIC!

May 10, 2019
But does Scotty know??

scottydoesntknow-eurotrip.gif

krazen

Oct 27, 2017
Gentrified Brooklyn

Im on this line, keep em coming, these threads are always fun.

jackie daytona

Alt Account
Banned
Feb 15, 2022
Is mimic really lucky, or are we all just that unlucky
When I lived in Atlanta, I had a gay roommate. We lived in a pretty gay area (midtown, near Ansley mall area if you're familiar).

His stories would make mimic blush. Which kind of makes these threads sad.

As someone else has mentioned, the gay hookup scene, especially with apps like Grindr, is basically like those hunting retreats where they put you in the middle of an enclosure with a bunch of unsuspecting deer.

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
MIMIC has sex, gets enjoyment out of it. makes a thread about said experience only to find people arguing with each other while MIMIC just sits back and enjoys.

they are getting double releases of dopamine with just one sexual encounter.

That-Doesn-t-Seem-Fair-meme-1-01-01.jpg

Shyotl

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know why there is such a compulsive need to share (not just the OP FWIW). If the same ratio of straight folks felt compelled to constantly post their sexicapades here it'd be a problem.

I say this as a gay dude, for reference. I just don't get it, I guess

And on another tangent, this shits so vanilla, MIMIC. You're going to have to up your game.

Last edited:
Jul 18, 2018
See this is why we need forum tags. Only just tag this users threads so we can all easily find it and enjoy the ride

mbpm

Oct 25, 2017
you can get sex daily on Grindr if you want honestly lol multiple times a day too

One of my friends record is 4 guys in one day haha
When I lived in Atlanta, I had a gay roommate. We lived in a pretty gay area (midtown, near Ansley mall area if you're familiar).

His stories would make mimic blush. Which kind of makes these threads sad.

As someone else has mentioned, the gay hookup scene, especially with apps like Grindr, is basically like those hunting retreats where they put you in the middle of an enclosure with a bunch of unsuspecting deer.
Okay, so I am unlucky