• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
We missed out on Vin Diesel's Black Bolt. I hate this reality.

On the other hand, that Ragnarok logo is SERIOUS

TheMango55

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
This still makes me laugh

tumblr_ox3s0mly5x1tlgqkgo2_540.gif

Looks like a threesome with Cousin It's Scottish uncle.

Soupman Prime

The Fallen
Nov 8, 2017
Boston, MA
I know many on forums hate the Inhumans but I really wanted to see a proper Black Bolt on the big screen šŸ˜©. Kinda like how we all waited for Thanos to get out his chair, people would've been waiting for Bolt to finally use his voice.

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017
Didn't read most of the replies.

"Would have closed out phase 3"

"Would have come out between avengers 3 and 4"

Oh.

Wooden Robot

Oct 27, 2017
Man that show was so terrible. If you didn't watch it you really have no idea, the gifs shared don't even begin to relay what a dumpster fire it was. I think back and I'm fucking baffled at just how amazingly bad it was.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Remember when Inhumans Episode 1 was in IMAX theaters because it wanted to pretend so badly that it was real Marvel.

VeryHighlander

The Fallen
May 9, 2018
It sucks because Inhumans are cool as fuck and Black Bolt in particular has so much potential to showcase his abilities on a big screen. It's too bad they decided it wasn't worth a movie budget. Also getting that assclown that ruined Dexter to be showrunner shows how much faith they had in it.

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
To be fair, Marvel Television is a pretty different beast from Kevin Feige's Marvel Studios.
it is a shame, as the inhumans could have been very cool

two different companies, essentially

i'm not talking about the quality of the tv show, i'm talking about how they decided to drop the film project altogether in favor of passing it over to ABC. like they had so little confidence in the inhumans selling tickets that they ditched it.

Last edited:

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
Inhumans died so Eternals could live.

It's a trade I can live with, honestly. And it gave Agents of SHIELD leeway to do some fun stuff, too. I don't think Season 2 would have been as good as it was without that extra room to explore the Inhuman mythos.
Which sucks cause the eternals FUCKING SUCK

Mr. Pointy

Oct 28, 2017
If they didn't hire Roel Reine to direct the pilot episodes of Inhumans, the show might have had a better impression.

Jmanunknown

Oct 26, 2017
i'm not talking about the quality of the tv show, i'm talking about how they decided to drop the film project altogether in favor of passing it over to ABC. like they had so little confidence in the inhumans selling tickets that they ditched it.

That is not what happened though. Ike Perlmutter was pushing the Inhumans Feige didn't want them. When Feige and Marvel studios finally got free of Perlmutter the Inhumans were pretty much done in the MCU since it was Perlmutter pushing them.

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017
does agents of shield technically count as an inhumans show? i feel like that was all we needed

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
No joke, had that racist Trump-loving fuck Pearlmutter not been given the boot when he did, I could easily see some MCU films approaching DCEU-levels of shit.

Just look at what happened to some of the NETFLIX TV shows where he still has control...

oofouchugh

Oct 29, 2017
Night City
They'll pop back up eventually as the MCU cycles through properties. Now they don't have to use them as a X-men replacement and can be used correctly whenever it ends up being their time.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
This still stings. I really wanted an Inhumans movie. But at least I can look forward to Eternals and X-Men now.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
does agents of shield technically count as an inhumans show? i feel like that was all we needed

They could easily have backdoored it off of AoS. We already had an Inhumans settlement featured, not to mention the Inhumans in the cast. In retrospect I'm glad AoS never sullied itself with the show.

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
I like when they asked why on earth Scott Buck shaved Medusa's head in the first episode and he just flat out said, "Cause money."

Least he was honest.

tumblr_oxiu87MqUd1tlgqkgo3_500.gif

Candescence

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The fact that Feige felt that the Inhumans weren't workable in the MCU speaks volumes, considering he and the right directors he picked for the job made the previously basically unknown Iron Man, Guardians and Black Panther household names. (Then again, the Inhumans are especially bonkers as far as Marvel goes, and there are good chunks of the culture of the Inhumans that seem outright disturbing today that would likely have needed to be either exised or completely reworked to avoid completely alienating filmgoers.) The attempt to integrate the Inhumans into the MCU was obviously Perlmutter's attempt at shoehorning a replacement for the X-Men, and when Feige took full control of Marvel Studios, Perlmutter got an Inhumans show made on the cheap, which is pretty much in character for the old miser.

It's really for the best that Marvel Studios was taken away from the influence of Perlmutter and the Marvel "Creative Council", it's implied their influence kinda dragged down Age of Ultron and caused Joss Whedon to stop making Marvel movies (even if you don't like Joss, chasing away the guy who made the first Avengers film so good isn't a good sign in any case). I wouldn't be surprised if the Creative Council would've insisted on sticking to Thanos' original motivation (aka his lust for Death).

I just wish Marvel Studios figures out a way to bring in Lockjaw without the rest of the Inhumans baggage coming with him.

I imagine they'll get a nod whenever it's time to introduce Ms. Marvel.
Or they could give Ms. Marvel a new origin. Like they did with Carol. And just ignore the whole Inhumans connection entirely. Because let's be honest, I don't think the Inhuman part adds much of value to Kamala's character.

Well, aside from the time when she was living with Lockjaw. That was pretty fun. Lockjaw makes everything better. Well, until he got killed off in Death of the Inhumans because event comic shock value.

Last edited:

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
Honestly dislike every single thing I've read of the Inhumans so far. I find them creepy yet boring. So I'm really glad they're not in the MCU.