• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SolVanderlyn

I love pineapple on pizza!
Oct 28, 2017
Earth, 21st Century
I live with two high risk individuals.

However, we would just be hanging out at his apartment all weekend.

I'm torn because I've been planning this trip for months. It's not very likely anything will happen, but that "what if?" is nagging at the back of my mind.

What do you think?

Jarrod38

Oct 25, 2017
You know what the majority are going to say here but in the end it's up to you not us to decide.

HammerOfThor

Oct 26, 2017
If you have to ask you know the answer and you're probably hoping at least one person will give you positive reinforcement to just go and have fun.

Don't even risk it.

But it's your life. Do as you will.

chefbags

Oct 25, 2017
The answer is simply no. And with you living with high risk people means its a super fuck no.

But if you wanna risk it then its all you.

viral

Oct 25, 2017
It should be safe if you go by car and only hang out in the apartment, but there's always the risk that one of your friends carries the virus and you catch it. I would probably go, but the virus was really mild in my country and it's pretty much gone by now. If it's still rampant where you live, I wouldn't recommend it.

shem

Oct 25, 2017

Write down the sentence: "I'm comfortable with _____% chance of killing two people I care about" figure out what those percents are and then realize that you can't know how likely you are to get sick and if you're comfortable with an unknown chance of killing people you care about.

OP
OP
SolVanderlyn

SolVanderlyn

Oct 28, 2017
Earth, 21st Century
It should be safe if you go by car and only hang out in the apartment, but there's always the risk that one of your friends carries the virus and you catch it. I would probably go, but the virus was really mild in my country and it's pretty much gone by now. If it's still rampant where you live, I wouldn't recommend it.
It would be by car and we wouldn't be going out. It's also not really rampant where I live.

Still. I might cancel.

OP
OP
SolVanderlyn

SolVanderlyn

Oct 28, 2017
Earth, 21st Century
If you have to ask you know the answer and you're probably hoping at least one person will give you positive reinforcement to just go and have fun.

Don't even risk it.

In my group of friends and family, including the high risk individuals, everyone is acting as if nothing is wrong. Just telling me to go and have fun etc.

I thought I was overreacting but this thread is changing my mind.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
What'd you expect people to say when you put stuff like high risk individuals lmao. OP you're gonna do it regardless. Hopefully your friends don't get sick from stupid choices.

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Don't even risk it.

Yeah, this really feels like a case where OP knows what the correct answer is, but it's not the answer they WANT to hear so they're trying to find someone else to justify doing the wrong thing

HammerOfThor

Oct 26, 2017
In my group of friends and family, including the high risk individuals, everyone is acting as if nothing is wrong. Just telling me to go and have fun etc.

I thought I was overreacting but this thread is changing my mind.
My parents can be the same way some times.

Like, I'm just trying to keep you alive, fuck me right?

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
I live in Boston. There's nothing happening here right now. Unless you want to get curbside pickup at breweries or walk around the common with a mask, you'd be better off rescheduling for when shit is actually open again.

And if you're living with two high-risk individuals you shouldn't go anyway. Or if you do go, don't go back to your place.

Deleted member 17092

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Are you flying? Then cancel.

Driving, I think it's trickier. You can drive and hangout in backyards and shit and most likely it's ok. Someone has a yard bring a tent, seriously.

Jul 18, 2018
If the high risk individuals are acting like there is nothing wrong, then go and do it. Let them deal with the consequences since they think its not a big deal.

Timeaisis

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Are you going to go out? Why don't you talk to the two people you live with about the risks. If you are literally just hanging out at your friends apartment, you are probably fine, unless said apartment has like 10 people living in it.

Darth Karja

Oct 25, 2017
I'd ask the two high risk individuals. As someone with a surpressed immune system and a lung condition, I would say live your life, just take what precautions you can. But I also work with the public, so to me that's barely a risk compared to my everyday risk.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
OP it's also going to be in the 90s this weekend. Unless your friends have some killer AC going on, I would not want to make a trip just to send a couple days inside someone's apt.

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
Yeah this isn't worthwhile my dude. On top of the risk to the people you live with, travelling all that way to...go sit in an apartment sounds utterly soul destroying.

andymcc

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, OH
this board is so wild with the amount of willy nilly posters disregarding what is happening wrt to COVID.

even if you're doing the right thing by telling OP to not do it, i bet there are posters that are going to go to theme parks when they start re-opening.

sfedai0

Oct 27, 2017
I dont get the mentality of "But this was planned a long time ago!". Is there some deadly consequence to not going? Youre in a pandemic. Its not that hard to postpone events to save your own life.

bananab

Oct 27, 2017
Not to mention the plan is just to sit in an apartment, seems like an easy reschedule. gotta admit I'm curious how many months we're talkin, cause mid-March is where shit really hit the fan for most in terms of coming to grips with whats going on.

John Harker

Knows things...
Oct 27, 2017
Santa Destroy
Hang out outside, stay 6 feet apart and chill in a park as much as possible. Carry hand sanitizer.

youll Be fine. The key is just be smart. The horror stories you read are deniers, not the majority of people who are crossing social bubbles are fools

SwampBastard

The Fallen
Nov 1, 2017
O4RY40U.gif