• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
www.publishersweekly.com

HBG Will Not Publish Woody Allen's Memoir

Hachette Book Group has announced that Grand Central Publishing will not publish Woody Allen’s memoir, 'Apropos of Nothing,' and will return all rights to the author. The book was originally scheduled for sale in April 2020.

Hachette Book Group has announced that Grand Central Publishing will not publish Woody Allen's memoir, Apropos of Nothing, and will return all rights to the author. The book was originally scheduled for sale in April 2020.

The decision to cancel the book comes only four days after Grand Central announced that it would publish the director's memoir and one day after employees at the imprint and a number of its sister imprints—including Basic, Forever, Hachette Books, Little, Brown, and Orbit—staged a walkout in protest of the acquisition.

Allen has been accused by his adoptive daughter, Dylan Farrow, of molesting her in 1992, when she was seven years old. Little, Brown is the publisher of Ronan Farrow, the author of the bestselling Harvey Weinstein exposé Catch and Kill and Allen's estranged son, who has staunchly defended his sister and stood by her allegations in spite of Allen's consistent denials. Farrow severed his ties with the publisher earlier this week over its intention to publish the memoir.

It's a short article so I left the publisher's statement out and you can read it at the link.

Green Yoshi

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Cologne (Germany)
The accusations against Woody Allen sound totally implausible. It was an escalating custody battle between two Hollywood stars, nothing related to #MeToo.

Moses Farrow wrote a great blog post about it:

To those who have become convinced of my father's guilt, I ask you to consider this: In this time of #MeToo, when so many movie heavyweights have faced dozens of accusations, my father has been accused of wrongdoing only once, by an enraged ex-partner during contentious custody negotiations. During almost 60 years in the public eye, not one other person has come forward to accuse him of even behaving badly on a date, or acting inappropriately in any professional situation, let alone molesting a child. As a trained professional, I know that child molestation is a compulsive sickness and deviation that demands repetition. Dylan was alone with Woody in his apartment countless times over the years without a hint of impropriety, yet some would have you believe that at the age of 56, he suddenly decided to become a child molester in a house full of hostile people ordered to watch him like a hawk.
mosesfarrow.blogspot.com

A SON SPEAKS OUT By Moses Farrow

I’m a very private person and not at all interested in public attention. But, given the incredibly inaccurate and misleading attacks...

Eeyore

User requested ban
Banned
Dec 13, 2019
The accusations against Woody Allen sound totally implausible. It was an escalating custody battle between two Hollywood stars, nothing related to #MeToo.

mosesfarrow.blogspot.com

I’m a very private person and not at all interested in public attention. But, given the incredibly inaccurate and misleading attacks...

Oh well I guess that settles that.

OP
OP
Volimar

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Ronan believes Dylan so strongly that it inspired him to work tirelessly to expose others in power. Not for nothin.

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
Who needs to burn books when you can stop them before they get published?

Green Yoshi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Cologne (Germany)
User Banned (6 Months): Dismissing sexual abuse allegations and inflammatory comparisons over a series of posts. Previous infraction for the same thing.
Oh well I guess that settles that.
Experts, more precisely child psychologists, settled it in 1993. One should consider the facts. Even if the President of the United States disagrees.

Bio

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Denver, Colorado

mosesfarrow.blogspot.com

Oh, well, see that's not fair, I didn't know this wasn't related to #MeToo

=\

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Experts, more precisely child psychologists, settled it in 1993. One should consider the facts. Even if the President of the United States disagrees.
It's a good thing Dylan's now a 34 year old adult woman then who just as openly stands by her accusations as recently as this year.

Regarding the allegation of abuse, during the ruling in 1993 Justice Wilk concluded that the evidence did not support that it had occurred, although he was not sure that the evidence demonstrated conclusively that it had not happened.

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017

mosesfarrow.blogspot.com

Your post is fucking outrageous.

WedgeX

Oct 27, 2017

mosesfarrow.blogspot.com

I'll trust Dylan and Ronan.

Green Yoshi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Cologne (Germany)
It's not settled at all. This post is an out and out lie.
Mia Farrow tried to sue him for it in the 90s and it never made to court on the fact that there was no case to be made. Although the entire tabloid press was against him and the public pressure was enormous.

Your post is fucking outrageous.
It's sad when someone writes that kind of stuff about his own mother. It's not normal behavior on her part.

Last edited:

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
Derailed in the 1st post.
I could say it's a record but it's really not.
I won't congratulate Hachette when they should never have taken the option to begin with.

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
Congratulate the employees that wouldn't stand for it.
Fair point.
Also to point out that Hachette is own by Lagardère.
2 points about that :
So it's pretty much your stereotypical millionaire/billionaire out of touch CEO who thinks he owns the world and suck in all the way a capitalist can.
And France is infamously bad about Woody Allen and Polanski.
I have absolutely no idea why they thought this was a good time to announce this when Polanski is such a hot topic in France right now.
But yeah good on the Hachette employees but not on the management that sucks and deserve all the hate coming its way.