• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Komo

Info Analyst
Verified
Jan 3, 2019
It doesn't really look that demanding for a cloud game. Looks fun tho

Oct 27, 2017
I hope it does well but that isn't a system seller for me. But to be honest, I can't recall the last time I saw a game for a system which I didn't own which then made me want to buy it. (I only own a PS4 and PC.)

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Hope it's good because it's probably the other game I'll be picking up at launch (with the Destiny 2 Collection that's free).

BlueManifest

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I hope it does well but that isn't a system seller for me. But to be honest, I can't recall the last time I saw a game for a system which I didn't own which then made me want to buy it. (I only own a PS4 and PC.)
System seller? There's not going to be a system to buy starting next year, you don't have to buy a system to play it

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Would have expected this to come from Tarsier rather than Tequila, but Rime was great so I'm interested in this. Like a cartoonish Alan Wake in terms of combat.

unfashionable

Oct 29, 2017
Looks cool nice art style but it feels weird that its the only exclusive in the launch window

Looks like an indie game too (not a bad thing) so wonder what it will be priced at, I wouldnt buy it at $60. Looks like a game that will be included in the subscription down the road. Like a game pass game eg hellblade or TOW.

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
I got Luigi's Mansion and Resident Evil vibes for some reason. Trailer was good.

Merton

Oct 25, 2017
This looks pretty good, I have 0 faith in Tequila Works, I think everything I played from them was botched in someway. Rime was awful, not the game, but the framerate and resolution, Sexy Brutale on Switch ran like dog shit, and I think the worst thing is, they never patch the issues that break the game.

riotous

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle
This looks pretty good, I have 0 faith in Tequila Works, I think everything I played from them was botched in someway. Rime was awful, not the game, but the framerate and resolution, Sexy Brutale on Switch ran like dog shit, and I think the worst thing is, they never patch the issues that break the game.
Well luckily they've got 10TF Stadia GPUs to throw this relatively simple (but nice looking) game at.

I doubt performance will be an issue.

Fredrik

Oct 27, 2017
:o
Day 1! Looks great

Red dead 2 in 4k 60 fps will keep that part covered, atleast for launch anyway
Woah wait what?? Is RDR2 for real running at 60fps on Stadia??? Considering the requirement to reach there on PC that would be crazy. I always assumed it would be 30fps and even more so after the PC version got released.

BlueManifest

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Day 1! Looks great

Woah wait what?? Is RDR2 for real running at 60fps on Stadia??? Considering the requirement to reach there on PC that would be crazy. I always assumed it would be 30fps and even more so after the PC version got released.
Not 100% confirmed but that was the last known thing that was said about it, it's supposed to be

Merton

Oct 25, 2017
Well luckily they've got 10TF Stadia GPUs to throw this relatively simple (but nice looking) game at.

I doubt performance will be an issue.
Power doesn't equate to development and coding. I hope it runs really well, that'd be something cool for a lousy Stadia launch. If it runs well and isn't crazy priced I'll definitely be picking this up.

Aesthet1c

Oct 27, 2017
Day 1! Looks great

I'm pretty sure all games run at 60 fps on Stadia. It's one of the methods they are using to combat latency.

Fredrik

Oct 27, 2017
They said it on Twitter then removed it a few days later

they also said all launch games will be 4k 60 fps
The UC4 beach scene was running at 60fps on PS4 too at one point, supposedly.
I just don't trust PR in this case. If it was removed I would definitely guess that it's 30fps, otherwise they would leave it there.

BlueManifest

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I just don't trust PR in this case. If it was removed I would definitely guess that it's 30fps, otherwise they would leave it there.
That's why I said it's not 100% confirmed we don't know the exact reason it was removed though

Armadilo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Games might be 30 but in the end will be 60 through double encoding as he said, so Google magic basically

easter

Nov 15, 2017
pretty stoked for this. definitely my launch title. with this and darksiders genesis I am probably set for the holidays (on stadia).

toy_brain

Nov 1, 2017
As I said in the other Stadia thread, I'm surprised they aren't hyping this a bit more, given that it's a (timed) exclusive.

As long as Stadia works ok on my internet connection, this'll be the first game I buy. I just hope it's not stupidly expensive, or super short.