• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
Wonder Woman is the closest thing they have to a household name that isn't Batman. There's a movie coming out soon focused around her, while there's nothing Superman related even in the planning stages. I still wish that one 4chan rumor had been true about an action RPG for her tbh.
......Superman is, like, the household name....

They got a movie reboot in the works with JJ though.

Deleted member 25448

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Gotta be honest, I've been hating on the idea of a Batman: Arkham Reboot for months, even more so than an Origins sequel and or sequel triilogy and honestly? It makes the most sense to do it. I will admit that Knight isn't an ending, that it could have continued on where Bruce comes back into the spotlight and that kicks off a whole new story Beyond style but a reboot is the way to go. New universe. New characters. New everything. Also, co-op, which can be alot of fun with friends. Would I love another Arkham? Of course. Would it matter if it was a sequel or prequel? Who cares, it's Batman and right now, I think we all need to admit that the Arkhamverse (as we know it) is over. A new universe can be something truly incredible. The rumor did state that it could kickstart an entirely new universe that's connected to one another. So that'll be Rocksteady's Suicide Squad/Task Force X game, and whoever the hell is working on that alleged Superman game. It honestly is the most logical sense to do this.

OP
OP

Deleted member 59955

Banned
Sep 14, 2019
Gotta be honest, I've been hating on the idea of a Batman: Arkham Reboot for months, even more so than an Origins sequel and or sequel triilogy and honestly? It makes the most sense to do it. I will admit that Knight isn't an ending, that it could have continued on where Bruce comes back into the spotlight and that kicks off a whole new story Beyond style but a reboot is the way to go. New universe. New characters. New everything. Also, co-op, which can be alot of fun with friends. Would I love another Arkham? Of course. Would it matter if it was a sequel or prequel? Who cares, it's Batman and right now, I think we all need to admit that the Arkhamverse (as we know it) is over. A new universe can be something truly incredible. The rumor did state that it could kickstart an entirely new universe that's connected to one another. So that'll be Rocksteady's Suicide Squad/Task Force X game, and whoever the hell is working on that alleged Superman game. It honestly is the most logical sense to do this.

I was hoping for a new Arkham game but WB did call Arkham Knight the finale to the Arkham series so they really couldn't make another game. I think this new universe could be like God of War. Revamped gameplay and mechanics with a new story. Hopefully just as good.

A soft reboot only makes sense if they want the Joker as the antagonist.

*yawn*

The Court of Owls are the antagonist.

Pau

Self-Appointed Godmother of Bruce Wayne's Children
Oct 25, 2017
A reboot means probably getting Babs Batgirl. This was one of the last parts of the franchise where she still got to be Oracle. :(

callamp

Oct 27, 2017
I was hoping for a new Arkham game but WB did call Arkham Knight the finale to the Arkham series so they really couldn't make another game. I think this new universe could be like God of War. Revamped gameplay and mechanics with a new story. Hopefully just as good.

The Court of Owls are the antagonist.

And when the Owl pulls off the mask. Bam there's the Joker.

Wrexis

Nov 4, 2017
They should have dropped the Arkham name. A reboot is fine though.
I mean it's Batman - we'll have three live-action Batman between Arkham Asylum and this one if it comes out in 2021.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
......Superman is, like, the household name....

They got a movie reboot in the works with JJ though.

No, Batman is your household name. But at the moment, Wonder Woman is in people's minds. This is only going to increase with the release of her movie this year. I like Supes and his game would sell like gangbusters, but I also think it's silly not to capitalize on the fact that WW has a successful movie franchise. If it were me, she'd have a mobile game, a cartoon show, and a AAA title. Superman can happen too though, no question.

Deleted member 25448

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
No, Batman is your household name. But at the moment, Wonder Woman is in people's minds. This is only going to increase with the release of her movie this year. I like Supes and his game would sell like gangbusters, but I also think it's silly not to capitalize on the fact that WW has a successful movie franchise. If it were me, she'd have a mobile game, a cartoon show, and a AAA title. Superman can happen too though, no question.

Urgh I would love a Wonder Woman game. Playing as Kass in the Amazon Armor in AC: Odyssey made me feel like her. WB are sitting on a goldmine for not doing a WW game.

tumblr_inline_pgntvls8rj1rqh8qo_400.png

tumblr_pgjt3rT54N1s8lviz_500.jpg

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
ah, i missed that

EDIT: both JS (and then zhuge) said it's a game about a group of superheroes, which the SS is *not*. so hmm

This is splitting hairs. That's a "group of superheroes". The film showed them beating a supervillain even lol.

Urgh I would love a Wonder Woman game. Playing as Kass in the Amazon Armor in AC: Odyssey made me feel like her. WB are sitting on a goldmine for not doing a WW game.

tumblr_inline_pgntvls8rj1rqh8qo_400.png

tumblr_pgjt3rT54N1s8lviz_500.jpg

A proper WW game would be an easy sell for most people, and possibly pick up a different group of fans as well.

Deleted member 25448

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
A proper WW game would be an easy sell for most people, and possibly pick up a different group of fans as well.

All they would need to do is replicate the Blades of Chaos gameplay from God of War 1-3 plus the handheld spin-offs, mix that up with Fury from Darksiders and we have a winner. It's not hard. It would make banks. I'd play the heck out of it.

tumblr_pgyt35XlkB1qgojgxo3_400.gifv

Vordan

Aug 12, 2018
Bats, Supes, and Wondy are all household names at this point. Hell fucking Aquaman is a household name at this point after that billion dollar movie. Bats may be the most popular but it's not like your average casual doesn't know the basics of who Supes and Wondy are at this point. Wondy has her second movie and Supes has got a TV show and two animated movies coming, plus Abrams may be rebooting him. A WW game is a slam dunk that WB is too goddamn stupid to see, I totally agree with you. For my own selfish reasons I do hope it's Superman, my boy had one of the worst decades ever with the 2010s, and he could use a good video game.
I really do hope this isn't a case of the DCEU, where WB sees Marvel is making their "gamer verse" and now WB wants to try to copy them. Again.

OP
OP

Deleted member 59955

Banned
Sep 14, 2019
Bats, Supes, and Wondy are all household names at this point. Hell fucking Aquaman is a household name at this point after that billion dollar movie. Bats may be the most popular but it's not like your average casual doesn't know the basics of who Supes and Wondy are at this point. Wondy has her second movie and Supes has got a TV show and two animated movies coming, plus Abrams may be rebooting him. A WW game is a slam dunk that WB is too goddamn stupid to see, I totally agree with you. For my own selfish reasons I do hope it's Superman, my boy had one of the worst decades ever with the 2010s, and he could use a good video game.
I really do hope this isn't a case of the DCEU, where WB sees Marvel is making their "gamer verse" and now WB wants to try to copy them. Again.

This time WB will have the head start since they have 3 DC games in development.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
The game is coming in fall 2020 and they decided to start tease it in september? Should have just stayed silent

bigstef71

Banned
Jul 5, 2018
Chicago
That means only one game this generation from them. What the hell are they making that took them so long
It's been 5 years since last game
I know it sucks especially because I've been waiting for their game for so long. I just platinumed knight and got 100% of the trophies. I wasn't planning on going into next gen after the mid gen upgrades but if their game & this rumored superman game are next gen only I might have to dive in early.

rusty chrome

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
A reboot huh? That's exactly what I was hoping for. The way Arkham Knight ended was fitting for Bruce Wayne. If it continues beyond that I would have lost interest.