• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
Honestly though, I'm glad. I want to see what WB Montreal can do without being held back by the Arkhamverse.

Cliff Steele

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Whatever is happening over there at WB, it sure as shit sounds like the publisher has no direction for this franchise at all.

KORNdog

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
If this is true I hope they ditch the rigid steroid user aesthetic they've had going since the start. I want a batman who looks agile, not one that looks like he competes in mr universe competitions,

Star-Lord

Oct 25, 2017
The Superman bit isn't new at all, WB have supposedly been developing an open-world UE4-based game seperate from Court of Owls for a while now that is in no state to be announced at all. est literally made a thread about this a year ago.

www.resetera.com

WB Montreal Working on 2 Open World DC Universe Games

Recently I reported on some job listings that pointed to WB Montreal's next project being a multiplayer, next-gen, new IP, and now it seems like more has been spilled on yet another one of their projects. In a recent interview, Osama Dorias, a Senior Game Designer at WB Montreal, let it spill...

CGxHsoR.png

And that DC gaming universe shit just sounds like bogus. Please stop making threads about this and just wait for the reveal.
That's how I feel at this point :(

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
The Superman bit isn't new at all, WB have supposedly been developing an open-world UE4-based game seperate from Court of Owls for a while now that is in no state to be announced at all. est literally made a thread about this a year ago.

www.resetera.com

WB Montreal Working on 2 Open World DC Universe Games

Recently I reported on some job listings that pointed to WB Montreal's next project being a multiplayer, next-gen, new IP, and now it seems like more has been spilled on yet another one of their projects. In a recent interview, Osama Dorias, a Senior Game Designer at WB Montreal, let it spill...

CGxHsoR.png

And that DC gaming universe shit just sounds like bogus. Please stop making threads about this and just wait for the reveal.
I been following this for so long sometimes I forget the shit I post haha

The dc gaming universe bit is accurate. Some other people I talked to on here heard similar.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Would it fucking kill these people to make a Superman or Wonder Woman game?

Nov 13, 2017
Fuck this if true, FUCK THIS

They just cant erase one of the best universes in gaming history, Arkhamverse was unique, had a proper identity inside the batman mediaverse, full of memorable moments...
They can't do this, its unfair to the legacy of the franchise.
Do you realize how many Batman universes there are...? It's not that deep.

Oct 24, 2019
I been following this for so long sometimes I forget the shit I post haha

The dc gaming universe bit is accurate. Some other people I talked to on here heard similar.

have you heard rumors about what other DC properties will be the first to flesh out this universe aside from Batman and maybe Suicide Squad?

Deleted member 25448

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Okk so it's a reboot but a soft reboot? Sort of like Assassin's Creed: Origins. And if they're planning on a connected DC Game Universe, wouldn't that screw up the timeline of the Arkhamverse then because you know,. the "ending" with Bruce. Let's just say this soft reboot takes place between ....... Origins and Asylum: You've got abit of time there before the Asylum plot kicks off, and don't forget you have to build this new "cohesive" universe around it.. So this aleged "connected" universe would mean Rocksteady's Suicide Squad game would take place around it, and the Superman game too. I dunna if that's doable. Honestly? I was against a reboot at first but yeah just reboot it or at least continue the Arkhamverse. The ending of Knight isn't an ending.

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
I really don't like when large companies create these "universes" before having a single success. Reboot the Bat then if it works out make a universe, don't pull a Mummy reboot and create a universe nobody cares about then put out a shitty movie collapsing the whole thing

Dec 15, 2017
The Dark Knight Returns or GTFO. Hopefully this game assumes we are already well versed into the batman universe so it does not explain for the umpteenth time how Bruce's parents died

Deleted member 25448

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
"but the story and plot itself will be in a new continuity "
Then it's not a "soft reboot" but a somewhat continuation of the Arkhamverse. AC: Origins basically did this.

Oct 29, 2017
OP
OP

Deleted member 59955

Banned
Sep 14, 2019
Which still leaves me asking the same question because that's basically what Origins was. New story with similar gameplay. Is it not set in the Arkham verse at all? Basically an entirely new Batman universe but with Arkham gameplay?

Yes. But Arkham Origins wasn't a new story. It was a prequel to the Arkhamverse. This game has no ties to the Arkhamverse. It just uses the same gameplay.

Deleted member 25448

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
You know, WB could have avoided all of this if they just came out and revealed the damn thing. Put an end to it please, I'm begging you.

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
have you heard rumors about what other DC properties will be the first to flesh out this universe aside from Batman and maybe Suicide Squad?
I had heard Superman, I posted that somewhere here a while back, but nothing was confirmed. It was prolly too early, maybe still in pitch phase.

We do know they have two games in development at the studio though. One of their designers leaked that.

Vordan

Aug 12, 2018
Remember what Jason said about the Superman game? Cause I sure as hell do.

Rocksteady isn't making it, but GWW doesn't claim they are, in fact it explicitly says they're not the ones making it. WBM has two DC projects, Batman and something else. We know they did pitch a Superman game at one point, maybe they're trying again. However it could be another DC IP, GWW can't confirm what it is one way or the other.

Altair

Jan 11, 2018
Yes. But Arkham Origins wasn't a new story. It was a prequel to the Arkhamverse. This game has no ties to the Arkhamverse. It just uses the same gameplay.

Origins was a new story within the Arkham verse. That's what I was asking. If it was a brand new continuity altogether with just similar gameplay to the Arkham games or just another Arkham game set at an earlier point (like Origins). Seems like you're confirming it's the former, which is good. I feel like they've done all they can do with the Arkham verse. Wish the combat was different though because the Arkham combat has gotten a bit stale.

Nov 17, 2019
Well I'll probably buy whatever batman game they put out. I like superheroes. What I'm really interested in is a fucking Superman game. All these rumors about one being in development or not is killing me.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Show me the game. I'm finding it very hard to keep giving a shit when they won't just show me the damn game.

Hagi

Oct 25, 2017
Thank god if it's a reboot I'd be super excited if that turns out to be true.