• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

PaypayTR

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
For those who don't know what 4DX is
"
Movies are no longer confined to the screen. 4DX draws you into the movie as if you're living inside its world. We provide the largest number of multisensory signature effects industry-wide. With signature effects of movement, vibration, light, smell and others, 4DX creates the most outstanding environment for movies.
"

IT FEELS SO AMAZING. I watched 4DX movies before with Star Wars etc , they were great too. But this movie it feels so great. You literally "feel " the action. Whenever there's a fight you move like shaky cam in the movie. It feels so eccentric theater experience.

Also as a middle eastern fellow with dark skin i congratulate all my fellow black people , aside from shaky cams of costumed fight scenes and terrible cgi fight at end movie was truly cool. Tribual fight scenes , all music in the movie(which is surprised me considering i thought it would be filled with terrible rap songs but it was authentic afrikan themed songs) . Also side characters were truly fun and even may better than main actor some times.

Xavillin

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think they have this at the theater near me here in Maui. I don't think we even have IMAX :(

OP
OP
PaypayTR

PaypayTR

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This would drive me insane. Another gimmick to get butts in seats.

I dont think it would drive you insane dude, it just insanely cool light effects, movement of seat, some air effects and smoke & smell . But combined together it feels great. When you first enter Wakanda seats give off some smell feels like you are in some African jungle already

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like I'd get annoyed real quick if the Shrek ride in Universal is anything to go by.

Nov 6, 2017
Its a gimmick/niche. SOme may like it but its generally not appreciated. When I go see a movie I prefer quiet and undisturbed. Shaking your seats and whatnot isnt going to magically teleport you to Wakanda in the middle of the action and if you feel immersed by that and can pay attention to the movie, well congrats but I dont.

Oct 26, 2017
Netherlands
Watched The Last Jedi in 4DX and whilst I really liked it for the first half hour, I got a bit annoyed by some of the elements. Especially the feedback in the backrest and the lighting effects started to get on my nerves at that point. Dolby Cinema is where it's at IMO (if it's available in the area, of course).

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
For Black Panther, it's 4DX 3D here and I absolutely hate 3D so no thanks!

2D is the best. Give me 70mm, IMAX 2D, any day that makes the film actually look great instead of blurry.

Osahi

Oct 27, 2017
No. Just no. I applaud innovation (I defend 3d to the death), but 4DX has nothing to do with cinema anymore. I hope it never breaks trough.

Flipyap

Oct 25, 2017
tMOvZSX.png

Oh yeah, I've always said that movies would be way better if you could watch them while a robot pees in your face.

AndreGX

GameXplain
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
San Francisco
This looks similar to D-Box. And D-Box is pure garbage. Not a fan of gimmicks layered on top of an experience that weren't intended by the director

AHA-Lambda

Oct 25, 2017
Oh god no, I've done 4DX once and never again!

It's like trying to watch and pay attention to a movie but being constantly distracted from it for the entire duration due to the constant damn rocking. It's awful.

Galkinator

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Ughhh no thanks. Sounds like it belongs in a theme park, but when I watch a movie I prefer to just sit comfortably and watch it without getting rocked from side to side, water sprayed, blinded, blown by wind, etc.

SxP

Oct 27, 2017
Went to the last Maze Runner in 4DX recently and it was pretty cool. Just not worth the extra charge. I doubt this is much better than that in terms of 4DX effects, with both being very recent film.

Deleted member 29676

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
sounds ike the muppets or honey i shrunk the audience theaters in Disney World. Would be annoying and distracting as hell for a well directed movie. Maybe on a 2nd or 3rd viewing for the novelty.

chairhome

Oct 27, 2017
Orlando
I've watched Star Wars, Justice League, Guardians 2, Spider-Man Homecoming, fast & furious 8 and more in 4dx. All in varying degrees of fun. I recommend it for high action movies.
The best uses I've seen are Baby Driver (moving in sync with music) and Kong Skull Island. The latter was my first 4dx. The scene that sold me on the format: (small spoiler) when Kong throws a person against the helicopter windscreen and he starts sliding up towards the propellers, they spray the audience with water as you hear him hit the propellers and blood sprays on the windscreen. The audience reaction was great.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
I'd try it as a curiosity,but that really does sound awful from the description.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
I drove two hours with some friends to see The Last Jedi in 4DX.

It was more like being peed on than anything else so frankly, not too keen on trying that again.

Last edited:

golem

Oct 25, 2017
I watched Civil War in 4DX and it was too distracting for me. There were some cool parts like the seats tilting during the flying scenes but it was annoying how sometimes I'd be trying to look at one part of the screen and the seats would be tilting me towards another part. Also the screen was smaller than normal i thought

dreamcast

Oct 27, 2017
Just saw Captain Marvel in 4dx and really loved it. The immersion is fantastic!

I'll admit, it was a little distracting at first. But once you let go of what's happening to you and be in the moment of the movie, it changes everything.

Can't wait for Endgame!

Seductivpancakes

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn
I saw The Last Jedi in 4DX and it was terrible.

The chair shook for the most mundane movements and the water kept shooting into the 3D glasses.

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
I saw avengers 3 this way.

It's too much. If you're sensitive to motion sickness, it can really mess you up. My cousin had to leave the theater for a few minutes.

Bad_Boy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I watched 4dx 2d when it first came out. South korea has them everywhere. Was pretty great.

I saw captain marvel in 4dx too. Not bad