• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
They're literally the ones that invented modern CoD, and yes, that includes killstreaks. Worked fine, and they're significantly more fun than scorestreaks.
Never worked fine, all objective modes in the Killstreaks games were nothing but glorified TDM. Having Killstreaks return just makes it extremely obvious that Infinity Ward doesn't give a single shit about people playing the objective.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
How the hell are killstreaks more fun than scorestreaks lol, especially significantly so

The scorestreak system is literally the same as the killstreak system except that doing anything that benefits the team (including, but not limited to, killing enemies) works towards the streaks, like, I dunno, playing the objective

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
How the hell are killstreaks more fun than scorestreaks lol, especially significantly so

The scorestreak system is literally the same as the killstreak system except that doing anything that benefits the team (including, but not limited to, killing enemies) works towards the streaks, like, I dunno, playing the objective
Nostalgia is one hell of a drug. Next thing you know people are gonna ask for the return of the OMA DC Noobtube.

TheCanisDirus

Nov 13, 2017
Am i the only one who absolutely hates kill and score streaks and would rather (and plan to) mainline the game mode(s) that don't have any?

Cake Boss

Oct 25, 2017
I know this is minor, but can you please for the love of god get rid of the EKIA bullshit. Just give me the old classic Kills, Assists, Deaths stats and that's it. Stop trying to overwatch this shit in the stats department.

Since they are getting rid of the scorestreaks, hopefully that means the end of EKIA.

Deleted member 1726

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I know this is minor, but can you please for the love of god get rid of the EKIA bullshit. Just give me the old classic Kills, Assists, Deaths stats and that's it. Stop trying to overwatch this shit in the stats department.

Since they are getting rid of the scorestreaks, hopefully that means the end of EKIA.

I agree there. Was obviously a remnant of the baked in features they were going for before it all got ripped up and BO4 was spawned.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
I'm blanking out, what do you mean by EKIA?

In BO4 you get EKIA rather than Kills or Assists. So even if you didn't do the final hit on a player, so long as you did some damage you would get an EKIA.

Though there are challenges and stats in BO4 that show how many direct kills you have. (aka players you actually finished off)

TheCanisDirus

Nov 13, 2017
In BO4 you get EKIA rather than Kills or Assists. So even if you didn't do the final hit on a player, so long as you did some damage you would get an EKIA.

Though there are challenges and stats in BO4 that show how many direct kills you have. (aka players you actually finished off)
That doesn't sound bad at all.

ara

Oct 26, 2017

Oh yeah, that. I guess I don't particularly care one way or the other with regards to this issue.

But I'm sure they'll return to the old K/D/A system since we're going back to killstreaks too.

Xevross

Oct 28, 2017
Scorestreaks being replaced by killstreaks is horrible. I was quite excited for this but now I'm not sure, will have to see how it plays in the beta. I remember scorestreaks being my most hyped new feature in a cod game and they lived up to the hype for me, I have no idea why they'd go back to an inferior system now. Hopefully they have a good solution.

EKIA is a great system as long as it gives score proportional to damage done. Giving full score for one bullet is obviously not great. I think EKIA is better than K/D/A if its done right, but I don't really care either way.

DaciaJC

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Am i the only one who absolutely hates kill and score streaks and would rather (and plan to) mainline the game mode(s) that don't have any?

I'll probably continue playing TDM mostly, but my single biggest wish for this franchise is the total removal of streaks in general. They have no place in competitive MP.

Ensoul

Oct 27, 2017
They're literally the ones that invented modern CoD, and yes, that includes killstreaks. Worked fine, and they're significantly more fun than scorestreaks.

Is it more fun when you're playing objective based game like domination or hardpoint and everyone flat ignores the objectives just so they can rack up kills and go for a nuke? IW may as well make the only online aspect of this game TDM because that is what every game turns into.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Wait was this PC and console players together or (PS4 and Xbox One only)?

It was seemingly PC and Console. One showed a mouse and the other a controller.

0i8jpgybskd31.jpg

Ambient80

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Oh neat, Annemunition and Jericho both are there. Will be nice to see what they have to say afterward.

Jun 4, 2019
Maybe they finally realized that the CoD playerbase can't handle objectives and only care about killing fools. Search and Destroy? Domination? Hardpoint? Fuck em, everyone's going for kills anyway.

HesienbergSHO

Banned
Dec 29, 2018
While it indeed doesn't sound bad on paper it just means people get a ton of score in reality, leading to quite a bit of Scorestreak spam. You can hit someone with only 1 bullet, if your teammate finishes the kill you get score worth 1 kill.

On the extreme flip side if you take someones health to 1hp from full and they manage to hide and a teammate hits them 1 time do they deserve full credit and you get nothing?

Honestly I am on the fence about either system.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
On the extreme flip side if you take someones health to 1hp from full and they manage to hide and a teammate hits them 1 time do they deserve full credit and you get nothing?

Honestly I am on the fence about either system.
Should give score based on the percentage of damage you did. If you did something like 80% of the damage you deserve to get the credit, if you did 20% you should get 20% of the score.
Sadly I went to his twitter and literally just moments ago:

Darn.

Teep it is then.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Looks like more and more like a year I sit out, unless there is a really good sale

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Don't know from who this came, but Geoffrey Smith apparently confirmed in Twitter DMs that the competitive scene will play with a mini-map
5w67znsmhod31.png

Thank fuck for that

OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Nice that they're letting peeps record PC footage, we should get a hefty amount of info on how good of a job Beenox did. They did well with Black Ops 4 so this should be a no-brainer.

OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
They already showed off multiplayer so im a bit confused as to how this is a world premiere
That was only a 2v2 mode, lol. Unless Call of Duty multiplayer is only 2v2 from now on... 🤔
Nah but seriously, they're gonna use the event to showcase EVERYTHING there is to know of the multiplayer universe. I'm assuming that'll include things like spec ops too, to demonstrate that cross progression they keep mentioning in these press releases.

any chance this game will be on steam?
Nope, Battle.net only.

Darryl M R

The Spectacular PlayStation-Man
Oct 25, 2017
I think I'm in. I won't be able to watch live tomorrow, but it will be nice to have something to binge watch in the evening.