• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

NSA

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Seems like he was either in the army or training, not sure. Military family.

At least the only positive note from his facebook nonsense is he doesn't seem to be an out and out racist, just your usual internet edgelord anime loser. Will be interesting to see what motivated this shooting, as he seemed to have just graduated college or something.

Lonestar

Roll Tahd, Pawl
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I missed this... so he did see him take the pic... knew he was there, and was fucking with him with those shots.
Could be possible. Could also be firing at cops down the street in that direction. Could be cops behind him shooting that direction.

I'm leaning more towards firing at cops down the street, more or less shooting randomly from the hip.

RTX ON

Alt Account
Banned
Mar 25, 2019
How bad of a terrorist must you be to have hundreds of rounds of ammunition and be the only dead guy?

Deleted member 6949

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The balaclava is cracking me up because it suggests that this tactical genius thought he was going to get away with it somehow before he was summarily put down in the street like a rabid animal. Linus Torvalds looking motherfucker.

B00T

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
What the fuck at that gif and those pics. That photographer is both super lucky, gutsy and dumb. You go home and slam a bottle of whiskey after that shit, god damn.

Glad no one died to this fucking nutjob.

blazinglazers

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles
What's happening in that insane photograph?

Did his makeshift (ducttaped?) weapon sling break? Is that why he has that long dangling strap? Why is he holding a full mag while his rifle still has a mag in it?

Is this the moment he was flushed out into the parking lot, all while fumbling a reload, and he just happens to lock eyes with the photographer?

Feeling thankful that this idiot died a failure.

Fuck him.

Protein

Oct 27, 2017
White privilege like a motherfucker. Being able to take pictures with semiautomatic rifles and stockpiles of ammunition without even raising an eyebrow, but if it was a brown man, the NSA would be balls-deep in that guy and his family's social media.

Doggg

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Nov 17, 2017
Dude looks like he's trying to play real-life Counter-Strike or something.

Chiaroscuro

Oct 25, 2017
It's posted on his facebook, not sure if it's actually him or not.

As a non-American I have two questions:
- how are you guys taking this information? From his public posts?
Which leads to the second question:
- how authorities release personal information about a suspect that allows everyone crave into his social media, which could affect other people, without blocking such social media first?

Armaros

Oct 25, 2017
What's happening in that insane photograph?

Did his makeshift (ducttaped?) weapon sling break? Is that why he has that long dangling strap? Why is he holding a full mag while his rifle still has a mag in it?

Is this the moment he was flushed out into the parking lot, all while fumbling a reload, and he just happens to lock eyes with the photographer?

Feeling thankful that this idiot died a failure.

Fuck him.

From the reports, the photographer was just there to cover a trial that was taking place and just so happened to get the photo before ducking for cover.

NealMcCauley

Oct 27, 2017
As a non-American I have two questions:
- how are you guys taking this information? From his public posts?
Which leads to the second question:
- how authorities release personal information about a suspect that allows everyone crave into his social media, which could affect other people, without blocking such social media first?

It's a public profile so anyone can look at it. I imagine since he was the only one who died it's not a high priority to lock the account as awful as that sounds.

blazinglazers

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles
From the reports, the photographer was just there to cover a trial that was taking place and just so happened to get the photo before ducking for cover.

Oh yeah, I'm just trying to understand the moment the photograph actually captured.

Not that it matters.

Seems like the poor person hiding behind the pillar in the video isn't the photographer. The photograph was taken at least 3 pillars away (maybe more, we don't know how much it's been cropped.) I was wrong, the poor person caught in the crossfire behind the pillar IS the photographer!

Incredible & terrifying.

Last edited:

Chiaroscuro

Oct 25, 2017
It's a public profile so anyone can look at it. I imagine since he was the only one who died it's not a high priority to lock the account as awful as that sounds.

I get it is public information, but sounds awful to let tons of curious people dig into his life. I mean, I am glad he did not hurt anyone, but everyone is jumping at conclusions that may have affect on other people around him, not related to his crime.

ChaosZeroX

Oct 26, 2017
Scary shit to see for sure. If only congress would do something about it, but most of them are happily being paid off by the NRA to do anything about it.

NSA

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I get it is public information, but sounds awful to let tons of curious people dig into his life. I mean, I am glad he did not hurt anyone, but everyone is jumping at conclusions that may have affect on other people around him, not related to his crime.

It's a consequence of our digital lives now for sure. In the old days (lol) they'd release a name and people would look the person up in the physical phone book and go to their house and harass the family for answers/news stories/etc.

It's just generally a lot easier to do that now if the person has a digital presence.

I am not sure what part the government plays in regulating that, but Facebook/Twitter/etc should have some sort of policy I'd think. Especially if said person posted important info on there.

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017

The page will get closed soon/eventually, it doesn't happen right away. This idiot posted everything public so it's all out there and not private

John Rabbit

Oct 25, 2017
It's dark to say "thankfully it was the main fed building and not the one I work in", but... thankfully it was the main fed building and not the one I work in.
It's not dark to value your own life. Being thankful that you're unhurt doesn't exclude being sympathetic for those who were in danger.

NihonTiger

Oct 25, 2017
Oh yeah, I'm just trying to understand the moment the photograph actually captured.

Not that it matters.

Seems like the poor person hiding behind the pillar in the video isn't the photographer. The photograph was taken at least 3 pillars away (maybe more, we don't know how much it's been cropped.)

Incredible & terrifying.

Yeah, I'd guess the photographer is not the guy hiding in the video. Depending on what type of lens and settings he was using, he could have been several hundred feet away (which is still way too close for comfort when you're dealing with a gunman). You wouldn't get the depth of field like that if he was a pillar behind the gunman.

Bakercat

Oct 27, 2017
'merica
"He wasn't white you guys, he just wore sunglasses alot in muslim land and thats why his eyes look white!!"

-some dumb fuck

NSA

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
One of the videos he posted had a PS4 and an Xbox controller in the background, so at least he wasn't a console warrior too.

-Devious-

Oct 25, 2017
So...

1. white guy
2. obsessed with confederacy
3. hates liberals
4. invokes Waco and Ruby Ridge with anti-government memes
6. posts pictures of his ammo magazines

I'm noticing a pattern...
Just going by that list this guy is part of the white power militia movement. They are anti-statist and want to recreate actions done by people like Timothy Mcveigh. They operate in cell style, leadersless small groups. This is blatant terrorism and should be called as such.

Minx

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Illinois
I would love for everyone who wants to abolish the police or disarm them as seen in the body cam thread (or every thread on this forum about police for that matter) to respond on how this situation would be handled with their bright ideas.

Pbae

Oct 26, 2017
It is a federal building, so I think it is pretty safe to say that the cops working there have a lot more than just pistols.
Is this a recent thing? The federal buildings I went into just had guards with a vest and sidearm on his waist and sometimes a cute german shepard to help sniff out baddies. I'm in Philadelphia.

Subutai

Metal Face DOOM
Oct 25, 2017
I would love for everyone who wants to abolish the police or disarm them as seen in the body cam thread (or every thread on this forum about police for that matter) to respond on how this situation would be handled with their bright ideas.
In another thread, I stated that ideally, this country would work on its gun issue first because with the number of guns out there, you're never going to get an unarmed police force. But, for issues like this, we would rely on "specialty" police, such as SWAT, which for the most part are the people they call anyway for a situation like this. The point is: We can still have armed police for instances such as this but the guns won't be in their holsters, they will be locked up in a locker only to be unlocked when a situation like this occurs. However, none of that is going to happen without a more disarmed public. What cop is gonna want to go out there when everyone but them has guns?

OP
OP
Mcfrank

Mcfrank

Oct 28, 2017
Is this a recent thing? The federal buildings I went into just had guards with a vest and sidearm on his waist and sometimes a cute german shepard to help sniff out baddies. I'm in Philadelphia.

Was just an assumption on my part, but you are the second person refuting it, so I would assume I am wrong.