• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 12224

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's dark to say "thankfully it was the main fed building and not the one I work in", but... thankfully it was the main fed building and not the one I work in.

Lonestar

Roll Tahd, Pawl
Oct 25, 2017
Noticed when the shooter gets flushed out into the street, and he fires in the direction of where that cameraman/bystander, you can see the bullet impacts on the wall next to him. Those were close.

kEXhoAk.gif

Aiervon

Digital Strategist
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Dallas
This shit was just up the street from where I'm working in downtown Dallas -- they utilized a controlled explosive on his car too, just in case.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
This dude's Facebook is something else.

4chan memes all over the place mixed with random sexism and complaining about not being able to make transphobic and racist jokes.

lake

Oct 27, 2017
Is there any way to make youtube stop doing that shit where they cover half the screen in ads for the next video? Because you can't see the person caught in the cross fire in your posted video because half the screen is taken up by an ad.
I don't get them anymore. First I manually blocked any that came up with uBlock Origin, kind of a brute force approach, until no more showed. I just disabled that to test, though, and it seems that my Privacy Badger and/or Firefox's built-in blocking is enough, now.

You could also use an alternate client (NewPipe for Android, FreeTube for desktop) or an alternate player site like Invidio.us.

DIE BART DIE

Oct 25, 2017
Awesome, nobody got hurt. Makes this guy's death even more deliciously pointless. Anyway, what's for dinner tonight?

Cat Party

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think you can overstate how incredible that photo is. It is a perfect encapsulation of the insanity going on in the US right now. This is the real terrorism we face day to day.

Mr. X

Oct 25, 2017
Oh look all the warnings were in plain sight on his FB.

Can't wait to see he has a history on 4chan or 8chan.

Deleted member 19003

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Fucking loser. All prepped like he's in real life Counterstrike, then put down like the clown he is before he could do any damage. Fuck him. So tired of these maladjusted, young, single loser men getting radicalized from 4chan or wherever and then wanting to make the whole world burn down with them. Stop it already.

demondance

Oct 27, 2017
so tired of talking about mental health every time one of these comes up. nobody looks at similar incidents from even the relatively recent past under the same lens. When you do something ideological, it's terrorism, assassination, etc.

Maybe your wife leaving you or being depressed or something puts you in a mental space where you're more willing to do something violent but there's a lot of groundwork that goes into turning that into murderous attacks on the public. Especially politically symbolic locations.

It just seems like a convenient way to keep Americans from really reckoning with how much ideologically-driven violence we live under. We spent so long trying to act like that's the kind of thing that happens elsewhere but not here.

Lonewolf

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oregon
Appears to be a huge anime nerd and has him in Confederate regalia for a civil war reenactment... Pictures on his Facebook show him with a waifu body pillow.

Looking at his FB page, gee, I wonder where this incel got radicalized at? :p I hear they have the dankest of memes in Hell, Fail Boy! Maybe he should have bought cosplaying stuff and went to the con instead of extra magazines.

Oct 27, 2017
so tired of talking about mental health every time one of these comes up. nobody looks at similar incidents from even the relatively recent past under the same lens. When you do something ideological, it's terrorism, assassination, etc.

Maybe your wife leaving you or being depressed or something puts you in a mental space where you're more willing to do something violent but there's a lot of groundwork that goes into turning that into murderous attacks on the public. Especially politically symbolic locations.

It just seems like a convenient way to keep Americans from really reckoning with how much ideologically-driven violence we live under. We spent so long trying to act like that's the kind of thing that happens elsewhere but not here.

Agreed. Being depressed doesn't make you violent. Being radicalized does.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
It absolutely is ideologically driven, and the way they look to do it on a mass scale is so terrifying. Like I understand spats in violent neighborhoods etc between a few people and while bad this level of violence to want to inflict on so many people is on some other shit entirely.

Subutai

Metal Face DOOM
Oct 25, 2017
Hey look, it's an idiot. Tacticool to the max. Spent all that time making his dumb ass look good but apparently not enough time to actually learn tactics. Good job! No really, good job, being an idiot probably saved lives.

Edit: Larger image by the way in case it's useful for anyone for whatever reasons

1560788110-NMC_17-THE-SHOOTER-closeup.jpg

ced

Oct 27, 2017
Really is an amazing picture.

I just want to point out that he couldn't wear the face mask over his nose because it would have fogged up his glasses.

stupei

Oct 26, 2017
It's posted on his facebook, not sure if it's actually him or not.

Similar posture to the way he's posing with a gun with his face visible in another one, very specific hunch to his posture and all.

Also apparently there are a lot of photos of him in a military uniform. Unclear for now I guess if it's fake or legit, but if he has experience and training with the weapons that might explain his really brazen confidence.

Afrikan

Oct 28, 2017
Noticed when the shooter gets flushed out into the street, and he fires in the direction of where that cameraman/bystander, you can see the bullet impacts on the wall next to him. Those were close.

kEXhoAk.gif

Yeah I missed this... so he did see him take the pic... knew he was there, and was fucking with him with those shots.