• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 26, 2017

At 21:54

So finally this resurfaces! Now it seems to be F2P (then again we didn't know either way), but also this is the identity of the mysterious new action game, as you see that yellow mascot from that teaser scan in the game's logo, as well as some of the walls.

DiceHands

Oct 27, 2017
I cant wait for this! It looks great! Gives me Splatoon vibes. And its FREE! My only complaint is that it wasnt a shadow drop, but ill wait!

totofogo

Oct 29, 2017
Chicago
I wonder what kind of a hand ( if at all ) nintendo had in development here.

Stylistically this looks like Splatoon x New Donk City haha, will definitely give a download but I'm weary of the F2P mechanics. Likely will just get me to finally return to Splatoon 2.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
I remember hearing about this game a long time ago, so kinda disappointed it's the mystery game to be honest.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
EUC2sebXsAAl1dg

I fucking love the art direction for the characters. I want a cartoon of this so bad

NabiscoFelt

One Winged Slayer
Aug 15, 2019
This game legitimately looks great.

Going FTP was also a smart idea by the devs. Despite liking how it looks, I probably wouldn't have tried it for full price.

Remapped88

Oct 27, 2017
USA
I will definitely try it out since I love multiplayer brawlers. It basically looks like Splatoon mix with Anarchy Reigns/Naruto: Shinobi Strikers.

Harpoon

Oct 27, 2017
This got me more interested than the initial announcement did. Certainly looks like it could be fun.

samred

Amico fun conversationalist
Nov 4, 2017
Seattle, WA
I played this at E3 2018 and liked its mechanic, which required you to blow a giant bubble-gum bubble to generate your weapon and some other weird gum-related mechanics. It was definitely trying to take the Splatoon ethos of paint in a different direction. Doesn't look like that original mechanic core is still here. Time will tell whether they made the right move in altering this.

wiiucollector

Aug 5, 2018
Germany
F2P sounded like an alarm call to my cynical ears. This game looked to have started out as something more ambitious than they appear to have settled with. I think it looks great, but my other thought was that the controls look rather fussy a la another whimsical 3rd party game for Nintendo that experienced a lengthy set-back, Rodea. I hope it's good, as, yes, it's "bursting" with promise and super ripe for Splatoon 2 fans wanting more extra-ness.

Illusion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
the Splatoon influence is easy to see, but calling it a copy is a massive disservice
From an art and design aspect, I can't stop looking at it in any other way. If someone showed me a screenshot of the level design and characters then told me it was a Splatoon prequel, I would believe it.