• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 27, 2017

wtf.....

An 80-year-old woman who was killed in a shooting at a high school graduation ceremony Tuesday on the campus of Xavier University of Louisiana in New Orleans has been identified, officials said.

The woman was identified Thursday as Augustine Greenwood, who died from gunshot wounds, Jason Melancon with the New Orleans Coroner office told CNN. Greenwood had just watched one of her grandchildren graduate, according to CNN affiliate WVUE.

The university was hosting a graduation ceremony for nearby Morris Jeff Community School.

The shooting took place around 11:45 a.m. when NOPD officers working a security detail responded to a call for shots fired in the parking lot of the Xavier University Convocation Center, a NOPD news release said. When officers arrived, they found three gunshot victims – two men and one woman – who were all taken to local hospitals. The woman died at a hospital, the release said.

"There was a fight that broke out between apparently two females," said New Orleans Police Department Chief Deputy Superintendent Christopher Goodly. "Subsequent to this fight, subjects produced weapons, and shots were shot."

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
Feeling went from can't go a day without this shit to can't go a few fucking hours.

TrubbleFrog

Feb 23, 2018
This is the last straw- we must ban graduation ceremonies. There's no other way to stop the gun violence.

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
It just never ends.
You would think the blood God would be satiated at a certain point.

thetrin

Oct 26, 2017
Atlanta, GA
How many right minded individual can be satisfied living in a civilized country where people SHOOT EACH OTHER is beyond me.

Yoshimitsu126

The Fallen
Nov 11, 2017
United States
The only American culture not affected by guns now is making a sport of it. And I don't think we're too far off before an underground network makes a pitch about it.

Marossi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So something that happened on a weekly basis is now going to be daily while nothing is done?

America.

Sotha_Sil

Nov 4, 2017
One of my good friends in NOLA was at that graduation, but left about half an hour before the shots were fired. Something about a family emergency. Craziness.

Netherscourge

Oct 25, 2017
But according to Gym Jordan, law abiding citizens shouldn't have to give up their guns to keep other people alive, just because we have daily mass shootings.

PinkSpider

Oct 27, 2017
Suppose it's always too soon to talk about an issue if you keep that issue happening so often. The majority of the rest of the World, the more civilised bits are like ya know those guns... maybe have a look at them.

Username1198

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Space, Man
Republicans will kill is all. Wether it be through

-lack of health care
-gun violence
-refusal to do anything about climate change,
-getting rid of all public safety nets
-inciting a civil war

They want just enough alive to service their needs.

When are stupid ass gop voters gonna wake up? Gop doesn't give a flying fuck about them. But libs are the bad guys I guess? Utterly maddening.

hjort

Nov 9, 2017
Republicans will kill is all. Wether it be through

-lack of health care
-gun violence
-refusal to do anything about climate change,
-getting rid of all public safety nets
-inciting a civil war

They want just enough alive to service their needs.

When are stupid ass gop voters gonna wake up? Gop doesn't give a flying fuck about them. But libs are the bad guys I guess? Utterly maddening.
It's better to live free in poverty and die from being shot in the face, than to live under the tyrannical oppression of having health care forcibly provided to you!

Username1198

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Space, Man
It's better to live free in poverty and die from being shot in the face, than to live under the tyrannical oppression of having health care forcibly provided to you!

They don't mind being fucked over as long as those immigrants and minorities get fucked over too! Not sure why. I guess because Cletus the high school drop out has a chance to be a billionaire?? Jesus would be soooooo proud!

CatAssTrophy

Dec 4, 2017
Texas
As much as all of these news articles are negatively affecting my (and others) mental health, when people say "well shootings happen all the time it just doesn't make the news, the media is just showing that stuff more" as if it's no big deal, my answer is GOOD. Every shooting should get a breaking news report. Maybe that will drill it into the heads of the masses that this is a fucking epidemic, and not something "that would never happen where I am".

hjort

Nov 9, 2017
They don't mind being fucked over as long as those immigrants and minorities get fucked over too! Not sure why. I guess because Cletus the high school drop out has a chance to be a billionaire?? Jesus would be soooooo proud!
I'm willing to bet a lot of them are buying into the idea that the immigrants and minorities are the ones fucking them over. Stealing their jobs, demanding special (equal) rights, all that shit.

Username1198

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Space, Man
I'm willing to bet a lot of them are buying into the idea that the immigrants and minorities are the ones fucking them over. Stealing their jobs, demanding special (equal) rights, all that shit.
Oh absolutely. They watch Fox News and newsmax and do whatever they tell em. No thinking for themselves, that's lib talk! Just vote gop, don't look at their policies though, that's commie talk! Pick their pockets clean in the meantime. It's fucking gross.

Bossking

Nov 20, 2017
Not even a few weeks ago, I survived a shooting at a high school graduation. Now this one happens in a place literally right across the street where I moved from.

Harrowing to know that even if I never moved out here, I wouldn't have escaped a shooting.

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
So something that happened on a weekly basis is now going to be daily while nothing is done?

America.

It's always been a daily basis tbf. The location of these incidents are making bigger media splashes because of the victim demographics and the location they occur.