• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Cyberclops

Mar 15, 2019
images

This is all I can think of. If this Gundam game is half as good as this bad boy tastes, I'm excited.

bagandscalpel

Oct 25, 2017
I was referring to vanilla Maxi Boost which was the one that felt broken with long range units being absolutely outclassed thanks to the accuracy changes and speed changes on most guns.
MBON fixed a lot of the issues with vanilla MB, but still had plenty of melee cancer suits.

GVS basically fell between those two for me, as melee cancer was still ridiculous thanks to the Boost Dive but at least everyone could use those mobility options to balance it out.
Vanilla MB also had that wacko drive system that kinda locked you out of using your main mode of attack if you wanted to get the most out of it. And yeah, the nightmare Banshee Norn that invaded FB was a backport from MB, wasn't it?

MistaTwo

SNK Gaming Division Studio 1
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Vanilla MB also had that wacko drive system that kinda locked you out of using your main mode of attack if you wanted to get the most out of it. And yeah, the nightmare Banshee Norn that invaded FB was a backport from MB, wasn't it?

Yup, and it was one of the suits that had the fastfall cancel/boost dive tech as well.

The Overdrive system was definitely the worst part of vanilla MB though, and was probably the first thing they cut when designing MBON. Heh.

MistaTwo

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Honestly speaking, I could forgive the fastfall tech because there were so many other suits in MB that were disproportionately strong without it.

Oh, I don't really have an issue with the tech itself.
I honestly thought making it a universal system like they did in GVS was the best option overall.

edit: Also, didn't Tallgeese II have its own fastfall command that wasn't part of an actual cancel route?
I specifically remember using that suit a lot because it was strong and allowed me to keep up with the Turn X units and such that kept bouncing around dodging my shots. lol

Last edited:

signal

Oct 28, 2017
can't find any of my old gundam gaf videos except me blocking kincaido and haly (double rip) melee mashing

tfw no gold sumo memories

MistaTwo

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Oh I didn't even realize a new arcade title was also teased.

Can't wait for Mobile Suit Gundam EX VS 2 Charmin Ultra Soft

bagandscalpel

Oct 25, 2017
edit: Also, didn't Tallgeese II have its own fastfall command that wasn't part of an actual cancel route?
I specifically remember using that suit a lot because it was strong and allowed me to keep up with the Turn X units and such that kept bouncing around dodging my shots. lol
Yeh, all the Tallgeese had command vernier that let them go vertically up or down. The difference, however, is that it's a pure movement commitment. You can't attack during the animation unlike "soft" fastfall tricks like Norn's or Sazabi's or GP03's.

Last edited:

MistaTwo

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Yeh, all the Tallgeese had command vernier that let them go vertically up or down. The difference is, however, is that it's a pure movement commitment. You can't attack during the animation unlike "soft" fastfall tricks like Norn's or Sazabi's or GP03's.

Yeah, that's basically what I was remembering. It gave me similar movement options but not as robust as the other fastfall tech via cancel routes.

donkey

Sumo Digital Dev
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Wrote out all the units in English (to prep for the OT >.>)...

Gundam
  • Gundam
  • Gundam G-Armor
  • Char's Gelgoog
  • Acguy
  • Gyan
  • Zeong
  • Char's Zaku II
  • Doan's Zaku II
  • Perfect Gundam
Zeta
  • Zeta Gundam
  • Hyaku Shiki
  • Super Gundam (Gundam Mk-II w/ Flying Armor)
  • Messala
  • The O
  • Hambrabi
  • Gundam Mk-II Titans
  • Bound Doc
  • Gablthley & Marasai
ZZ
  • Full Armor ZZ
  • ZZ Gundam
  • Quebeley
  • Quebeley Mk-II (Ple)
  • Quebeley Mk-II (Ple II)
  • Zaku III
  • Gundam Mk-II (Elle Viano)
  • Zeta Gundam (Roux Louka)
  • Zaku Zeta
  • Acguy (Haman)
Char's Counterattack
  • Nu Gundam
  • Sazabi
  • ReGZ
  • Jagd Doga
Gundam F91
  • F91
  • Berga Giros
V Gundam
  • V2 Gundam
  • Victory Gundam
  • Victory Gundam Hexa
  • Gun-EZ
  • Gottrlatan
  • Gedlav
G Gundam
  • God (Burning for you heathens) Gundam
  • Dragon Gundam
  • (Shadow) Gundam Spiegel
  • Master Gundam
  • Nobel Gundam
  • Shining Gundam
  • Rising Gundam
Gundam Wing
  • Wing Gundam Zero
  • Gundam Epyon
  • Wing Zero (Quatre)
  • Altron Gundam
  • Gundam Sandrock
  • Gundam Deathscythe Hell
  • Gundam Heavyarms
  • Tallgeese II
Gundam Wing Endless Waltz
  • Wing Gundam Zero EW
  • Gundam Heavyarms Custom
  • Gundam Deathscythe Hell EW
  • Tallgeese III
Gundam X
  • Gundam Double X
  • Gundam X Divider
  • Gundam Virsago Chest Break
  • Gundam X
Turn A Gundam
  • Turn A Gundam
  • Kapool & Corin's Kapool
  • Gold Sumo
  • Turn X
  • Sumo
Gundam Seed
  • Freedom Gundam
  • Strike Gundam
  • Perfect Strike Gundam
  • Forbidden Gundam
  • Providence Gundam
  • LaGoew
  • Duel Gundam Assault Shroud
  • Buster Gundam
  • Blitz Gundam
  • Raider Gundam
Gundam Seed Destiny
  • Strike Freedom Gundam
  • Infinite Justice Gundam
  • Destiny Gundam
  • Impulse Gundam
  • Gunner Zaku Warrior
  • Legend Gundam
  • Gaia Gundam
  • Gaia Gundam (Waltfield)
  • Impulse Gundam (Lunamaria)
  • Infinite Justice Gundam (Lacus)
  • Strike Rouge Gundam IWSP
  • Gouf Ignited
  • Destiny Gundam (Heine)
  • Akatsuki
Gundam 00
  • 00 Gundam
  • Cherudim Gundam
  • Arios Gundam
  • Gundam Exia
  • Gundam Dynames
  • Gundam Throne Drei
  • Susanoo
  • Arche Gundam
  • Reborns Gundam
  • GN-XIII
  • Tieren Taozi
Gundam 00 - A wakening of the Trailblazer
  • 00 Qan[T]
  • Raphael Gundam
  • Gundam Zabanya
  • Gundam Harute
  • Brave Commander Type
Gundam UC
  • Unicorn Gundam
  • Delta Plus
  • Kshatriya
  • Banshee
  • Sinanju
  • Rozen Zulu
  • Full Armor Unicorn Gundam
  • Banshee Norn

Gundam AGE
  • Gundam AGE-1
  • Gundam AGE-2
  • Gundam AGE-2 Dark Hound
  • Gundam AGE-3
  • Gundam AGE-FX
  • Gundam Legilis
  • Farsia
  • Zeydra

G no Reconguista
  • G-Self
  • Mack Knife
  • G-Arcane Full Dress
  • G-Self Perfect Pack

Iron Blooded Orphans
  • Gundam Barbatos 4th Form
  • Gundam Kimaris
  • Gundam Barbatos Lupus
  • Gundam Guison Rebake Full City EX + Alpha Hyper Fighting Edition Pro Real Grade Gundam Front Tokyo ver.
  • Gundam Bael

Gundam Build Fighters
  • Build Strike Gundam Full Package

• Gundam Alex
  • Zaku II FZ
  • Kaempfer

Stardust Memory
  • Gundam GP01FB
  • Gundam GP02A
  • Gundam GP03 Stamen
  • Gerbera Tetra
  • Gelgoog HM (Anavel Gato)

08th Mobile Suit Team
  • Gouf Custom
  • Gundam Ez8
  • Ground Type Gundam

MS Igloo
  • Zudah
  • Hildolfr

Thunderbolt
  • Full Armor Gundam
  • Psycho Zaku
  • Atlas Gundam

Crossbone Gundam
  • Crossbone X-1 Kai
  • Crossbone X-2 Kai
  • Crossbone X-3
  • Crossbone X-1 Full Cloth
  • Phantom Gundam

Side Story: The Blue Destiny
  • Blue Destiny Unit 01
  • Efreet Kai

Char's Counterattack: Beltorchika's Children
  • Hi-Nu Gundam
  • Nightingale

Gundam Seed Astray
  • Astray Red Frame
  • Astray Red Frame Kai
  • Astray Red Dragon
  • Astray Blue Frame Second L
  • Astray Gold Frame Amatst
  • Astray Gold Frame Amatsu Mina Custom
  • Hyperion Gundam
  • Drednought Gundam

Gundam Seed CE73: Stargazer
  • Stargazer
  • Strike Noir Gundam

Gundam Sentinel
  • Ex-S Gundam
Hathaway's Flash
  • Xi Gundam
  • Penelope

Mobile Suit Variation
  • Zaku II HM Johnny Ridden
  • Zaku II HM Shin Matsunaga

Gundam 00V
  • 00 Seven Sword
  • Avalanche Exia
  • 00 Qan[T] Full Saber

Build Fighters AR
  • Hot Scramble Gundam
Gundam EXA
  • Extreme Gundam type-Leos AGIOS
  • Extreme Gundam type-Leos ECLIPSE
  • Extreme Gundam type-Leos XENON
  • Extreme Gundam type-Sthesia EXELLIA
  • Extreme Gundam type-Leos II Vs.
183 freaking units. The first EXVS featured 60 out the box...

Oh I didn't even realize a new arcade title was also teased.

Can't wait for Mobile Suit Gundam EX VS 2 Charmin Ultra Soft
EXVS 2 ULTI BOOST PLUS ALPHA ver KA

Last edited:

MZZ

Nov 2, 2017
Damn I think it has every gundam I'd want. only the lupus rex is missing for me. Of course that one hasnt been in any game if i remember correctly.

RROCKMAN

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Oh man, in VERSUS Those Barbatos guys thought they were hot stuff with their long melee combo strings can't wait self-cut their combos with BD's wired missiles!

signal

Oct 28, 2017
I didn't plat much console full boost but wasn't there weird drama between people that played on neogaf and like a discord from dustloop or something? lmao that was dumb I hope that happens again.

donkey

Sumo Digital Dev
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Damn I think it has every gundam I'd want. only the lupus rex is missing for me. Of course that one hasnt been in any game if i remember correctly.

Pray for DLC.

I didn't plat much console full boost but wasn't there weird drama between people that played on neogaf and like a discord from dustloop or something? lmao that was dumb I hope that happens again.

I think I'd dropped out from playing when that happened. Was so weird.

Also, old FB matches with y'all! Efreet Ham Lord all the way with Meer soundtrack support.

Hate

Oct 26, 2017
I might actually resubscribe to PS+ for this. It's been like 5 years since I last did.

Plutone

Oct 25, 2017
I really can't wait to get with the old GAF crew! I still talk and play with Dropoppi and I'm still in touch with enron, but I'm glad Ponpo is around still! Man, it's been freakin' years

Amishpriest

Oct 26, 2017
Now I'm here watching old EXVS youtube vids instead of doing what I actually should be doing ;). Wonder if there might ever be a chance of getting Blue Destiny Unit 2. I mean, if Setsuna can have half a dozen suits or so, then why not?

EnronERA

Oct 25, 2017

I remember there was one guy from dustloop forum who ran us down for sucking in other IRCs and was talking mad shit on us (I think it was that crazy good heavyarms player) and then someone in our IRC snitched us out talking about them talking shit. I remember one of them in particular going after me for being unpleasant or something. well no shit, we were an irc full of casual players not dudes aiming for EVO what did you expect lol

The NA community for Full Boost got really kinda toxic towards the end and it carried over into Gundam Versus. There were a couple of streamers who straight up quit because of it. Hopefully those kids have all grown up now and won't ruin this game!

RROCKMAN

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I remember there was one guy from dustloop forum who ran us down for sucking in other IRCs and was talking mad shit on us (I think it was that crazy good heavyarms player) and then someone in our IRC snitched us out talking about them talking shit. I remember one of them in particular going after me for being unpleasant or something. well no shit, we were an irc full of casual players not dudes aiming for EVO what did you expect lol

The NA community for Full Boost got really kinda toxic towards the end and it carried over into Gundam Versus. There were a couple of streamers who straight up quit because of it. Hopefully those kids have all grown up now and won't ruin this game!

Yeah there was a guy who would even send hate mail to you if you were on his team

Sure hope he chilled out

Aswitch

Nov 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Gundam Versus was barebones compared to previous console ports of the arcade titles on the PS2 and PS3. It definitely felt like a B Team made the game while the actual devs kept going with the arcade versions. Prior to Gundam Vs there would be a console port of whatever had been in the arcades for the last couple years, usually alongside a new arcade title. They blew that plan up by giving us Gundam Vs instead of MBON in 2017 and making EXVS2 for arcades in 2018.
oh ok makes sense. Thanks for clearing up!

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
So what kind of bangers can we expect? Is there a list of music tracks? Versus had a great soundtrack but I felt like there were a few missing.

RROCKMAN

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So what kind of bangers can we expect? Is there a list of music tracks? Versus had a great soundtrack but I felt like there were a few missing.

Unfortunately this would depend on wether or not we get a premium G sound edition.

Premium G usually has the Vocal OPs and more for each series instead of instrumentals of those songs. This edition costs more presumably due to licensing, and I have 0 idea how that will shake out when we include localization in to the mix.

I hope to god they copy SRW T's custom music system, because then we could make our own "Premium G Sound" edition without the licensing hassle.

Amishpriest

Oct 26, 2017
I'm sure there will be a Premium G Sound edition and it will probably be a JPN/SEA exclusive if Cross Rays is anything to go by.

Then again, the Switch and PS4 releases of that never made it to NA at all, so who knows.

Last edited:

RROCKMAN

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The G Sound/Anisound editions have always been Japan-only from what I can remember.

I'd feel really bad if after all the effort put into getting this game in English I'd still have to import the Jpn version for vocal music though but I guess it is what it is. I might very well double dip for this if they can't get the custom music for this.

Distantmantra

Oct 26, 2017
Seattle
I'd feel really bad if after all the effort put into getting this game in English I'd still have to import the Jpn version for vocal music though but I guess it is what it is. I might very well double dip for this if they can't get the custom music for this.

The situation will likely be similar to what happened with Gundam Versus where Japan had a G Sound Premium Edition and the rest of the world just got the regular version of the game which still had some vocal songs.

RROCKMAN

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The situation will likely be similar to what happened with Gundam Versus where Japan had a G Sound Premium Edition and the rest of the world just got the regular version of the game which still had some vocal songs.

I had 0 idea Here Comes Char was even in that game in jpn premium g sound lol. I also forgot this was a thing with that particular versus game in general.

I guess I'm double dipping then!

EDIT: oh my gosh I missed out on WANA too?!?!?

Deleted member 5745

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ah, gotcha.

It just still hurts a bit after all this time, since I grew up on them, but that's a whole different topic.

donkey

Sumo Digital Dev
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Considering they're big Gundam fans, it was cool seeing them get linked up for the 30th Gundam anniversary on top of being the intro to EXVS, so they'll always be connected to Gundam to me as a fan of them, too.

Plus the homage they got in Build Divers was the best.

qiv8dvppe3g11.jpg