• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Virtua King

Dec 29, 2017
So how good is this game exactly? As much as I love Gundam anime, Rise from the Ashes was the only game that I've ever really enjoyed. So if the hype is real, I might be down.

Gunny T Highway

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
This is great news. Hopefully it gets localized because Gundam Versus though not bad, it is nothing close to Gundam EXVS.

IMBCIT

Oct 27, 2017
So we expecting EXVS2 on PS5 in 2 then?

I'm in for MBON. Would love to see these titles make their way to PC so we can mod suits and whatnot into the game.

Oct 27, 2017
Excellent, thanks.

I've been on a gunpla hiatus since before the holidays despite buying some kits for my son and family. Matter of fact, haven't touched one since my calendar photo-shoot. This news plus that 40th anniversary video thing is pulling me back!

Hutchie

Oct 27, 2017
So we expecting EXVS2 on PS5 in 2 then?

I'm in for MBON. Would love to see these titles make their way to PC so we can mod suits and whatnot into the game.

yes but exvs3 will have to be announced and out in arcade for a year or two.

pissed it took this long to get a ps4 release of mbon, i skipped versus too so been longing for some ex action

Distantmantra

Oct 26, 2017
Seattle

Tyrant Rave

Has A Pretty Cool Jacket
Oct 25, 2017
So how good is this game exactly? As much as I love Gundam anime, Rise from the Ashes was the only game that I've ever really enjoyed. So if the hype is real, I might be down.
Better than most fighting games tbh. It's a legitimately great fighting game. Easy to grasp mechanics and execution and a lot of fun at all levels of play.

Deleted member 5745

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone posted the key art yet?

Mobile-Suit-Gundam-Extreme-VS-Maxiboost-ON-1-scaled.jpg

RROCKMAN

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I still can't believe this is happening

I never thought I'd ever see the logo of a mainline versus game in English in my lifetime.

What a time to be alive

Distantmantra

Oct 26, 2017
Seattle
I don't think I'll ever get used to seeing GUNDAM in large English block letters, even after Bandai's attempts in the 00s with all the shows and toys and PS2 games. Katakana just looks more natural.

EnronERA

Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure that was worth letting Gundam Versus turn into a husk for EXVS2.

i am more than ok with this. the problem was having the console versions being a completely different game from what was in the arcades and split development. Id rather have an arcade version at home that was 2 iterations behind.

Also, who cares if its two iterations behind. You dont think they are going to give us the same game in the arcade do you? They don't want to cannibalize arcade sales.

IMBCIT

Oct 27, 2017
yes but exvs3 will have to be announced and out in arcade for a year or two.

pissed it took this long to get a ps4 release of mbon, i skipped versus too so been longing for some ex action

After versus came out for PS4 I wasn't expecting them to bring over mbon since it had been so long but I'll take what I can get. All my ps3 stuff is in the garage so it's been a while since I've played

Distantmantra

Oct 26, 2017
Seattle
It just seemed like a missed opportunity to not wait a year and release MBON in 2018 on the PS4 alongside EXVS2 in the arcades.

So weird if they use the old artwork and not use any of the newer Gundam properties like Narrative, Thunderbolt or Hathaway's Flash.

donkey

Sumo Digital Dev
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
It just seemed like a missed opportunity to not wait a year and release MBON in 2018 on the PS4 alongside EXVS2 in the arcades.

So weird if they use the old artwork and not use any of the newer Gundam properties like Narrative, Thunderbolt or Hathaway's Flash.
There's no reason why they still can't add via DLC. We saw that with Full Boost getting Maxi Boost units for a decent clip. Even Versus was getting MBON units close to arcade release for DLC like Phantom Gundam and Hot Scramble.

Plus MBON already has Thunderbolt Full Armor Gundam, Atlas, Psycho Zaku, Xi and Penelope. Full Boost was way ahead of the curve with Hathaway's Flash units, haha.

Last edited:

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'll try it out. I really wish someone would remake Virtua On someday though.

kaisere

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I was really excited to get to play the MBON machines at AGDQ this year so this release announcement is making me VERY happy. EXVS is an amazing series and I'm glad we're getting a proper US release, even if it is an older revision.

MistaTwo

SNK Gaming Division Studio 1
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
I liked Gundam Versus on PS4, even double dipped, physical + digital.
What is better in this one?

Basically the only meaningful difference is that Versus got review bombed on Amazon by bitter JP gundam fans and everyone took their opinion as fact.
It was still a great game and the most egregious issues were a handful of fan favorite suits missing, and a few universal system additions that pissed off hardcore fans.
MB and to a lesser extent MBON was dominated by melee cancer suits that had specific movement options that other suits did not have.
They basically added the 'Boost Dive' mechanic to GVS in order to homogenize that aspect, but it made the controls more unwieldy.
In a similar vein they also added the universal Striker system so that every unit could choose an assist unit, which had always been limited to specific units in previous releases.

I still personally think GVS was a better game than vanilla MB, but slightly worse than MBON.
EXVS 2 is where it's really at nowadays though.

Last edited:

Daysean

Nov 15, 2017
bro i just want to import my own anime music in the game
still the reason why i fuck with Gundam Extreme Vs Full Boost on PS3

Keasar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Umeå, Sweden
Really crossing my fingers for a PC port with crossplay sometime down the line so I can force my friends to play this with me.

Still, fucking lovely news!

EnronERA

Oct 25, 2017
Basically the only meaningful difference is that Versus got review bombed on Amazon by bitter JP gundam fans and everyone took their opinion as fact.
It was still a great game and the most egregious issues were a handful of fan favorite suits missing, and a few universal system additions that pissed off hardcore fans.
MB and to a lesser extent MBON was dominated by melee cancer suits that had specific movement options that other suits did not have.
They basically added the 'Boost Dive' mechanic to GVS in order to homogenize that aspect, but it made the controls more unwieldy.
In a similar vein they also added the universal Striker system so that every unit could choose an assist unit, which had always been limited to specific units in previous releases.

I still personally think GVS was a better game than vanilla MB, but slightly worse than MBON.
EXVS 2 is where it's really at nowadays though.

GVS ps4 a better game that Full Boost? I don't know what to say to that!

MistaTwo

SNK Gaming Division Studio 1
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
GVS ps4 a better game that Full Boost? I don't know what to say to that!

You read that wrong. Full Boost was one of the highs of the series, up there with Rengou vs Zaft II for me personally.

I was referring to vanilla Maxi Boost which was the one that felt broken with long range units being absolutely outclassed thanks to the accuracy changes and speed changes on most guns.
MBON fixed a lot of the issues with vanilla MB, but still had plenty of melee cancer suits.

GVS basically fell between those two for me, as melee cancer was still ridiculous thanks to the Boost Dive but at least everyone could use those mobility options to balance it out.