• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Distantmantra

Oct 26, 2017
Seattle
So weird that they're porting Maxi Boost ON instead of EXVS2. I mean, EXVS2 is almost two years old at this point. Oh well, I'll take whatever they give us. Would still like a single player non-Breaker Gundam game on the PS4, though.

Oct 27, 2017
Played a shit ton of Vs on PS4 and loved it as my first entry. Got me back into Gundam/Gunpla big time.

Excited by local multi.

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
I knew I just had to be patient!!! Holy shit! I used to play it in the arcades all the time. Finally, I can own it!

xEik

The Fallen
Nov 17, 2017
Principality of Catalonia
would like a GOOD new breaker game on ps4 :(
I'm like the target audience for this but they had to bring only the bad one to the west. SMH. And no, Bandai, I'm not importing your games because you cannot get your shit together, importing gunpla is already enough of a drain on my wallet.

On an unrelated note, I have to laugh at the posts saying that Gundam fandom isn't that big here while they haven't even posted once in the Gundam OT. :P

RROCKMAN

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm like the target audience for this but they had to bring only the bad one to the west. SMH. And no, Bandai, I'm not importing your games because you cannot get your shit together, importing gunpla is already enough of a drain on my wallet.

On an unrelated note, I have to laugh at the posts saying that Gundam fandom isn't that big here while they haven't even posted once in the Gundam OT. :P

EDIT: you meant breaker, Sorry.

This one is getting localized

Like I can hardly believe it my self

Luigi87

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

Quattro.gif

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
Which is the purple Gundam with the shot lancer from the PS4 game, and will it be in this one?

It was the only other suit I played other than Sandrock, and I can't remember the name of it lto save my life lol.

Oct 27, 2017
A new EXVS announce bringing us back like newtype ghosts to the Waverider crash.

5NYftpS.gif

The way it should be!
Good to see you!
Wouldn't be Gundam without your everlasting hype!

I see Allenby and Rain.

I'm in.

Culture. Nothing but and nothing less!

Feels good!

donkey

Sumo Digital Dev
Verified
Oct 24, 2017

Distantmantra

Oct 26, 2017
Seattle
But I'm not the target audience for EXVS. I'm not too much into fighting games so I'd rather get something like Breaker. Happy for those who like the genre, though.

I'm not a fighting game fan, but the Gundam Versus series has always had plenty of stuff in it that I've enjoyed, I've been playing them since the original Dreamcast game. I can't imagine this will be a straight port, surely there will be some sort of addition single player component like previous titles, especially after the backlash against Gundam Vs for not having one.

Aswitch

Nov 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Nice. I'll give it a shot if it comes to the west or if my friend gets me to. What was so bad about Gundam Versus outside of online? Or was that the main issue? I played the imported version and thought it was fine as a semi-casual player not knowing necessarily the really deep intricate stuff.

Distantmantra

Oct 26, 2017
Seattle
Nice. I'll give it a shot if it comes to the west or if my friend gets me to. What was so bad about Gundam Versus outside of online? Or was that the main issue? I played the imported version and thought it was fine as a semi-casual player not knowing necessarily the really deep intricate stuff.

Gundam Versus was barebones compared to previous console ports of the arcade titles on the PS2 and PS3. It definitely felt like a B Team made the game while the actual devs kept going with the arcade versions. Prior to Gundam Vs there would be a console port of whatever had been in the arcades for the last couple years, usually alongside a new arcade title. They blew that plan up by giving us Gundam Vs instead of MBON in 2017 and making EXVS2 for arcades in 2018.

donkey

Sumo Digital Dev
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
The EXVS series has way more character (anime af) than plain Jane Gundam Versus. Plus Gackt as the boss.

It definitely wasn't Kimaris, but I don't think it was Crossbone X-2, because I think that looked cooler lol.

Its head looked like this lmao.

98578107-44a4-4f80-bdgejlf.png
Haha amazing. It was the Berga Giros and yeah that's in.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
Haha amazing. It was the Berga Giros and yeah that's in.

Yeah, that's the one lol.
I remember wanting to use the Crossbone with the Cape, but I couldn't play it well, and the Berga Giros clicked with me randomly.

Anything that isn't the original, Wing, G, or Turn A is basically a complete unknown to me lol.

Log!

Oct 27, 2017
Fair warning to anybody who plays me online: Prepare to hear a lot of UNIVAAAAAAAASU.

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
They had better give the G Gundams some buffs, Spiegel needs to be higher. Also, if Wing gets to have their shitty boyband all in they should put the rest of the Shuffle Alliance goddamn it.

UltraChingon

Oct 26, 2017
this is good day, and here i thought i was done with my ps4. welp, guess i should keep an eye out for cheap ps plus for when the game comes out.