• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

fadedbones

Oct 25, 2017
YEEEESSSSS WE IN THIS!!
Finally, time to see how much better this is than GVS. Hoping for a localization but it's not like it's needed. WOO!!

Jonathan Lanza

"I've made a Gigantic mistake"
Feb 8, 2019
DREAMS COME TRUE!
It's not EXVS2 that's for sure but holy hell finally. I had so much fun with Full Boost. I pray I can get the gang back in action for this.

How does JP PS+ work by the way? Gotta pay with JP I assume?

Spazerbeam

Prophet of Truth
Oct 26, 2017
Florida
Fuck yes. I put so much time into Full Boost. Hopefully I won't need to import it, but I've done it before and I'll do it again.

Tyrant Rave

Has A Pretty Cool Jacket
Oct 25, 2017
Hey neat

Bit disappointing we're only getting it now that EXVS2 exists but it's something I guess. Will be nice to play without strikers and Boost Dive again

signal

Oct 28, 2017
I'm trying to remember why i disliked maxi boost but I can't 🤔

I miss console exvs with neogaf. rip kincaido

KyouG

Oct 26, 2017
Make Haman S tier again and I'll be back. Don't make me rely on Sazabi's gerobi again...

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I will not buy another VS game, I will not buy another VS game...

*checks MS list*

lupinko

Oct 26, 2017

*checks MS list*

This is the good VS game. Not like Gundam Versus, which was a weird console only game shunned by players since the arcade game is a gazillion times better.

donkey

Sumo Digital Dev
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
OH MY GOD

I THOUGHT THIS SERIES WAS DEAD FOREVER ON CONSOLE AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHALfjs;djafl;sdjf;s

donkey
PliqrB.gif
PliqrB.gif

PliqrB.gif
PliqrB.gif

PliqrB.gif
PliqrB.gif

My body is so ready. It was hilarious my bro and I recently had a discussion about wanting them to put Maxi on console to throw us a bone.

Time to bring back the EXVS crew for a couple weeks when this releases! xD

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
This is the good VS game. Not like Gundam Versus, which was a weird console only game shunned by players since the arcade game is a gazillion times better.
I've played the good ones, I don't really like them.

But they give me the chance to play as units I would never have otherwise so I always buy it, play it for an hour or two and confirm I still don't like them, and then never play them again.

MufausaThe3rd

Dec 1, 2017
I can't be excited for this, because I know there's a 99% chance the netcode will be awful.

I know the last game wasn't the great, but it was still fun on a mechanical level. It's just that it had basically 0 single player content, and online was dead, with the occasional match you could find being a slideshow.

This would need to have a huge amount of varied singleplayer content to get me onboard.

Shout-outs to delay based netcode my friend.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
I actually liked Versus' gameplay but it had like no content and a shitty online. So this is the same but with actual content and faster gameplay? If it has Barbatos Lupus Rex I'll consider it.

RROCKMAN

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So the world is going to end soon right?

This is too good to be true

I actually can't right now

Luigi87

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Can we get good netcode too, Papa Bamco~?
That reminds me, I really hope there isn't any weird as region stuff online.

In Gundam Versus PS4, excluding using my JP account, I'm in Canada, but had to create a US account to find matches, because my Canadian account barely could.

donkey

Sumo Digital Dev
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Guessing we'll see some EXVS 2 unit DLC as well. Wing Fenice in the stream looked dope.

squall23

Oct 25, 2017
please have a good single player
If this is a direct port of the final arcade version, then single player only consists stages on a route that you choose. Whether that's good or bad is up to you. The arcade version also has occasional events that can be played single player, but I don't know how or if they'll implement that on the console version.

Hutchie

Oct 27, 2017
THERE IS A GOD!!!! AND HE IS GOOD!!!

Come to me Gundam age 2, 3 and FX! Team day 1 import!

Sagadego17

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If this is a direct port of the final arcade version, then single player only consists stages on a route that you choose. Whether that's good or bad is up to you. The arcade version also has occasional events that can be played single player, but I don't know how or if they'll implement that on the console version.
long it's more like the ps3 gundam vs games not like the ps4 versus i'll be happy

Oct 27, 2017
Comes in the thread.
Sees familiar faces.
WE BACK!!!!

This was so out of nowhere and the hype is real I'm ready for action!

RROCKMAN

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Local mp confirmed on website

Like if 7 remake got canceled I wouldn't care anymore, this is my hometown

donkey

Sumo Digital Dev
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
long it's more like the ps3 gundam vs games not like the ps4 versus i'll be happy

It's a direct sequel to Full Boost (EXVS > Full Boost > Maxi Boost > MBON), so you should be happy. :)
Comes in the thread.
Sees familiar faces.
WE BACK!!!!

This was so out of nowhere and the hype is real I'm ready for action!

A new EXVS announce bringing us back like newtype ghosts to the Waverider crash.

5NYftpS.gif

Last edited:

hikarutilmitt

Dec 16, 2017
But does it have Pharoh Gundam the IV
No. It has Shining, God, Rising, Nobel, Dragon, Master and Spiegel, at least looking at the Japanese arcade website. It's kind of a given Sai Saishi is in since he's popular, but I'm glad to see more than just Domon and Master Asia in there. Or, well, the rest of the Shuffle Alliance like would also otherwise be there.

Or they could do something really crazy and have previous members be there.

Trace

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Welp guess I'm buying this. Was literally saying the other day this is the big Japanese arcade exclusive I want to play.