• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
Yay one more ride in the God Gundam clone shenanigans, Altron dives, 00 Quan[T] summons, and dang near infinites from Epyon. LETS GO!

(Also happy to have Khimaris Vidar)

OP
OP
donkey

donkey

Sumo Digital Dev
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Ahh, well I was mainly thinking about the localized games. From what I read they seemed to be quite thin on the single player side.
The content was there, but it definitely lacked the pizzazz the EXVS series had. EXVS Force's story mode wasn't that bad in terms of length since it was just Mission Mode with (trash) narrative.

Deleted member 5745

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Holy shit, I need that kit.

Better look from a Reddit post:
3338d78.png

MysticGon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
Updated the OT with stream translations from https://twitter.com/CosmicLullaby_

Network Test details:
  • Taking place from April 25 to April 27
  • All 183 units will be available to use aside from the three new ones (Zaku Amazing, Montero, unknown)
  • Player Match, Casual Match and Free Battle will be playable
LAN is properly announced (welp social distancing):

ETy3qUyUcAUKJOc

The Montero from G-Reco is announced:

ETy2SKvUMAAmK9U

Songs from the Premium G edition:

ETy481PU8AI-cou

Yarp, so it says!

Free Battle?!

I signed up faster than a motherfucker.

SikSlayer

Oct 27, 2017
So basically, if I only speak/read English, and want the complete Premium G sound optional tracks, will importing an Asian or Japanese version give me that? I know that often times, the Asian version of a game is in English, will the Japanese version be, or have the option to be?

Deleted member 5745

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So basically, if I only speak/read English, and want the complete Premium G sound optional tracks, will importing an Asian or Japanese version give me that?

The Southeast Asian version will. But note, they haven't announced if the sound disc will be sold separate from that bundle with the model kit.

I'm torn. I want to get the US version to support Gundam games coming out here, but I really want the Premium Sound version and that Extreme Gundam kit.

OP
OP
donkey

donkey

Sumo Digital Dev
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
The Southeast Asian version will. But note, they haven't announced if the sound disc will be sold separate from that bundle with the model kit.

I'm torn. I want to get the US version to support Gundam games coming out here, but I really want the Premium Sound version and that Extreme Gundam kit.
whynotboth.gif

I'm probably do that if no US/EU version is announced.

Gunny T Highway

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Bumping. Acceptance emails should be going out now for the closed network test. Just got mine (US).

Quick question, am I gonna need PS+ to participate?

Network Test times:
CNT SCHEDULE:
PACIFIC: 4/25 @ 3AM PDT – 4/26 @ 7PM PDT
CENTRAL: 4/25 @ 5AM CDT – 4/26 @ 9PM CDT
EASTERN: 4/25 @ 6AM EDT – 4/26 @ 10PM EDT
I just got mine as well Canada.

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
Got mine as well. I actually signed up with two emails for some reason, I guess I'll throw the other one up via GiftBot?

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 1 gift from rpm rpm!

This is a quick raffle that will expire in 6 hours. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

rpm said:
CNT SCHEDULE:
PACIFIC: 4/25 @ 3AM PDT – 4/26 @ 7PM PDT
CENTRAL: 4/25 @ 5AM CDT – 4/26 @ 9PM CDT
EASTERN: 4/25 @ 6AM EDT – 4/26 @ 10PM EDT

These are our awesome prizes:

• PlayStation 4 (North America) PlayStation 4 (North America): Gundam EXVS Maxi Boost ON Closed Network Test - Won by Luigi87 Luigi87 (11 entries)

Deleted member 23381

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Does it have the Barbatos Lupus? (not rex). Would be tempted if so. Nevermind it's in the trailer. duh.

I think I played this in an arcade in japan once and got utterly stomped, feel sorry for whoever was on my side if it wasnt an ai.

sensui-tomo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Got in this, looking forward to the beta and dieing repeatedly by better players.

1 gift from Snowfruit

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 1 gift from Snowfruit Snowfruit!

This is a quick raffle that will expire in 6 hours. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

These are our awesome prizes:

• PlayStation 4 (North America) PlayStation 4 (North America): Gundam EXVS Maxi Boost ON Closed Network Test - Won by Junior Junior (9 entries)

OP
OP
donkey

donkey

Sumo Digital Dev
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Woop! Just saw my invite. :D Defo ready for next weekend.

Luigi87

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for the giveaways! Won rpm 's!
I can't believe I didn't know about the sign-ups last month!

EnronERA

Oct 25, 2017
Heads up - apparently the Japanese version of this demo uses whatever language you have your ps4 set to - so there may be a chance the JP release of the full game will be in english if you buy it from JP PSN and install it on your PS4. Interesting development for those of us that want to play it early since it releases in japan first, or get the Premium Sound G edition.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
Hey, I got a code. Thanks Bamco Club!

What the hell is Tallgeese II doing in here though? I get having III, because that's just a Tallgeese II that doesn't suck, but no original Tallgeese :(.

Is there a difference between Heero and Quatre Wing gameplay wise in these games? On the PS4 GV it was just a portrait swap, but they seem to be unique slots here.

OP
OP
donkey

donkey

Sumo Digital Dev
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Hey, I got a code. Thanks Bamco Club!

What the hell is Tallgeese II doing in here though? I get having III, because that's just a Tallgeese II that doesn't suck, but no original Tallgeese :(.

Is there a difference between Heero and Quatre Wing gameplay wise in these games? On the PS4 GV it was just a portrait swap, but they seem to be unique slots here.
Quatre WZ is a lower stat version of Heero's. One cost tier lower, less ammo, less boost, less health, different EX attack, different attack strengths for some attacks, etc. I think the MBON version still doesn't have the charge shot the 3k version has as well. Gotta play him slightly closer than Heero WZ because of the lack of ammo, at least I did anyway.

Ashgar

Oct 28, 2017
I'm a bit confused about this game. Is this the same Gundam Vs. series that came over in 2017? If so, is it going to have any actual single-player content?

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
Nope this is the real deal, not that weird knock off

And it has single player content in droves.
Single player content you say? Niiiice. I had to play that battle mode thing with endless waves over and over again in Versus because there wasn't much else to do.

Btw since this is an arcade game port, I'm assuming it plays extremely well with a stick? I got one a year or two ago but have only tried it with fighting games.

RROCKMAN

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Heads up - apparently the Japanese version of this demo uses whatever language you have your ps4 set to - so there may be a chance the JP release of the full game will be in english if you buy it from JP PSN and install it on your PS4. Interesting development for those of us that want to play it early since it releases in japan first, or get the Premium Sound G edition.

I thought the release was July 30th worldwide?
Single player content you say? Niiiice. I had to play that battle mode thing with endless waves over and over again in Versus because there wasn't much else to do.

Btw since this is an arcade game port, I'm assuming it plays extremely well with a stick? I got one a year or two ago but have only tried it with fighting games.

Single player in this game brings back the traditional arcade mode that is like 6 routes on a grid map and you choose where you start and where you go after each stage.

Not only do the stages have ex versions to unlock there are also multiple bonus stages hidden around that you can unlock based on how well you do. There is also different final bosses to fight depending on which route you take by the end.

There is Boss rush mode as well and there is a special mission mode where you boost stats for your preferred suit far beyond proper balance. The missions have different rewards for each difficulty cleared too.

Arcade sticks should be fine, it was originally based around those controls as you have surmised

EDIT: the arcade and boss rush are also playable via co-op too!

God I'm so excited, we are eating good come july