• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

donkey

Sumo Digital Dev
Verified
Oct 24, 2017

tumblr_n9sle6vKnQ1sdhuzuo4_500.gif

Network Test details: https://twitter.com/CosmicLullaby_
  • Taking place from April 25 to April 27
  • All 183 units will be available to use aside from the three new ones (Zaku Amazing, Montero, unknown)
  • Player Match, Casual Match and Free Battle will be playable

LAN is properly announced (welp social distancing):

ETy3qUyUcAUKJOc

The Montero from G-Reco is announced:

ETy2SKvUMAAmK9U

Songs from the Premium G edition:

ETy481PU8AI-cou

Last edited:

Charizard

Oct 25, 2017
Signed up.

I am so excited. Is the doggy machine still in tho? This is very important.

I liked it a bunch of years back because it was like Gotcha Force on drugs

OP
OP
donkey

donkey

Sumo Digital Dev
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Signed up.

I am so excited. Is the doggy machine still in tho? This is very important.

I liked it a bunch of years back because it was like Gotcha Force on drugs
Yup, the LaGOWE is still in. In fact, every unit from Full Boost is still in the game. https://g-rwee.ggame.jp/ms_stage/ms.php

And yeah, essentially the core team from Capcom way back that created the EXVS series worked on Gotcha Force, which was an offshoot of the Gundam VS series using similar mechanics.

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
One day my boy Maxter will get into this game along with the rest of the Shuffle Alliance.

OP
OP
donkey

donkey

Sumo Digital Dev
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Updated the OT with stream translations from https://twitter.com/CosmicLullaby_

Network Test details:
  • All 183 units will be available to use aside from the three new ones (Zaku Amazing, Montero, unknown)

ETy3qUyUcAUKJOc

ETy2SKvUMAAmK9U

ETy481PU8AI-cou

Signed up.

If I can get into the beta, Katejina better be selectable
Yarp, so it says!

Tyrant Rave

Has A Pretty Cool Jacket
Oct 25, 2017
Updated the OT with stream translations from https://twitter.com/CosmicLullaby_

Network Test details:

ETy3qUyUcAUKJOc

ETy2SKvUMAAmK9U

ETy481PU8AI-cou

Yarp, so it says!
Oh wow, I wasn't expecting almost the entire roster for this. It will be nice to visit my favorites lost from FB -> GVS

Can't wait

OP
OP
donkey

donkey

Sumo Digital Dev
Verified
Oct 24, 2017

darkside

Oct 26, 2017
Nope. Could be added later, who knows?

If it's anything like the western Gundam Versus release, it'll still have a fair number of the licensed tracks where possible.

Neat. The only Gundam games I've played have been the Dynasty Warriors ones where they just straight up replaced the entire soundtrack. Hopefully they manage to keep a lot of it in.

OP
OP
donkey

donkey

Sumo Digital Dev
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Neat. The only Gundam games I've played have been the Dynasty Warriors ones where they just straight up replaced the entire soundtrack. Hopefully they manage to keep a lot of it in.
If I remember correctly, there wasn't that much of a difference between the JP and US releases of Gundam Versus in terms of soundtrack choices aside from not having access to the Premium G sound optional tracks. And they were vocal tracks as well.

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That's pretty cool. Wonder what the cost is and when preorders go up.

Also hoping Captain Tsubasa won't be that far behind.

Tyrant Rave

Has A Pretty Cool Jacket
Oct 25, 2017
Nice of them to ask for our twitter handles. Hopefully they also see my iDOLM@STER posts and realize we want those here too. Give it a chance Bamco.

Deleted member 5745

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Here's the new trailer they put out today, too.

And it's a long shot, but if the last DLC unit is Snow White Prelude, I'd be hyped af.

Who am I kidding, if it gets in anywhere it'll be EXVS2 first.

Last edited:

P-Bo

One Winged Slayer
Jun 17, 2019
What are the odds this will be backwards compatible with the PS5? Still picking it up regardless.

h0mebas3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone know if the Byaralant Custom will be in this? Thanks.

OP
OP
donkey

donkey

Sumo Digital Dev
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Does anyone know if the Byaralant Custom will be in this? Thanks.
g-rwee.ggame.jp

機動戦士ガンダム エクストリームバーサス マキシブーストON (マキブON・マキオン)|バンダイナムコエンターテインメント

EXVS.シリーズ10周年を記念して発売予定の家庭用最新作PS4『機動戦士ガンダム EXTREME VS. マキシブーストON』公式サイト

Nope. Only hope it shows up via DLC in the future.

h0mebas3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

X05

Oct 25, 2017
That's going to be a long wait...

Also, fuckers put Anime Ja Nai in the Premium G (along with Rhythm Emotion and some of the 00 themes I like), guess I'll have to splurge for the JP version given the pretty much 0 chance we get it in the rest of the world :(

Santar

Oct 27, 2017
Norway
Also worth noting is that the game will have not one but two new single player modes!
  • More Game Modes– Tons of modes for deploying solo.
    • Maxiboost Mission – Complete missions in exchange for upgrade data. Acquire upgrade data to customize your Mobile Suit. Feeling brave? Try your hand at a harder mission!
    • Branch Battle – Difficulty varies with route. Choose wisely… Also supports split-screen gameplay. (Free Battle also supports split-screen.)
As a primarily single player person this really excites me, as I've been curious about this series for a long time but the single player content seems to have been pretty slim in most previous titles.
And it even has split screen AND Lan support too, not often you see that these days.

Source: Germatsu

EnronERA

Oct 25, 2017
Also worth noting is that the game will have not one but two new single player modes!
  • More Game Modes– Tons of modes for deploying solo.
    • Maxiboost Mission – Complete missions in exchange for upgrade data. Acquire upgrade data to customize your Mobile Suit. Feeling brave? Try your hand at a harder mission!
    • Branch Battle – Difficulty varies with route. Choose wisely… Also supports split-screen gameplay. (Free Battle also supports split-screen.)
As a primarily single player person this really excites me, as I've been curious about this series for a long time but the single player content seems to have been pretty slim in most previous titles.
And it even has split screen AND Lan support too, not often you see that these days.

Source: Germatsu

Full Boost had loads of single player. In fact, Maxiboost Mission looks like Boss Rush from FB, and Branch Battle was in Full Boost as well.

KyouG

Oct 26, 2017
I am boycotting Dunpeal; I need the appropriate social distancing to his net. Please look forward to the return of Qubeley and NuGundam punches.