• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Keylow

Oct 25, 2017
Really loving the fast matchmaking when it's working. No waiting at all just playing matches

mudai

Oct 27, 2017
The cloak specifically nullifies damage from beam based weaponry. Ideally you'd put it up until you knew someone is about to drop any heavy beam moves (like the vast majority of units from Gundam Seed and Seed Destiny) that's when you whip it out and you should have enough time to squeeze out a move before the cloak breaks.

But at the same time if you are fighting someone that likes to space people out with beams then leaving it on would give you a major advantage.

You could argue leaving it on off is based more on each case scenario.

I should also mention that your cloak doesn't work at all with anybody that uses ballistics (like Blue Destiny unit 1, Atlas Gundam, or units that carry rocket launchers) so approach those with caution.

Thank you so much! This is very helpful. I noticed that it nullified beam weaponry but I wasn't sure about everything else.

Luigi87

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know how I'm gonna go three months without this after tomorrow, lol
It's so damn fun!

Deleted member 5745

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've been trying out so many different suits. Favorites so far are Freedom, Strike Noir, and 00Q Full Saber.

I wanted to git gud with Strike Freedom but I'll need alot more practice.

Exia is still a beast, like it was in VS. And I did pretty well with Wing Zero EW.

Distantmantra

Oct 26, 2017
Seattle
I've had so much fun playing split screen with my daughter today. Having to wait until the end of July to keep playing this with her is gonna suck.

EnronERA

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, the original Gundam Versus PS4 is $15 if you don't already have it.

It's... something, at least.

don't bother. Youll start playing it and then when Maxi Boost is here, you'll be all kinds of fucked up because the game plays differently. You'll be wondering why you die so fast and why you can't boost dive, lol

RROCKMAN

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Thank you so much! This is very helpful. I noticed that it nullified beam weaponry but I wasn't sure about everything else.

No problem! Good luck!

I forgot about Epyon's lightspeed Dash/Melee/Dash/Melee/Dash/Melee/Dash/Melee/Dash/Melee/Dash/Melee stuff until I was on the receiving end of it lmao.

Yup, I remember many people doing it , but now I don't see Epyons as much, did they move to Barbatos and his massage your back with two hammers move?

Hutchie

Oct 27, 2017
I love the age gundams but am terrible with them esp age 2. Will stick with them torrow cos beta ends. Mostly online has been smooth, but maybe we need filters for casual matches

EnronERA

Oct 25, 2017
No problem! Good luck!

Yup, I remember many people doing it , but now I don't see Epyons as much, did they move to Barbatos and his massage your back with two hammers move?

you dont see many epyon players because that shit is easy to beat. You just simply shoot epyon in his fucking face and you win.

And yeah, NA hamlords all moved on to Barbatos and now they will be playing Bael.

Astral

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What are some fun shooting suits? Like zoning and stuff. I hate the melee in this game and wanna just stay the hell away from people.

Oct 27, 2017
I feel like a newbie in this game but would love to play with some of you. PSN is GoldCartGamer.

So far I've taken to the Freedom mobile suit. I remember liking it in older Gundam games. Tried the Strike Freedom mobile suit, but didn't like it as much. May give it another shot.

EnronERA

Oct 25, 2017
What are some fun shooting suits? Like zoning and stuff. I hate the melee in this game and wanna just stay the hell away from people.

I love Delta Plus but my absolute favorite shooting suit is Mk II (Elle version). Elle is a cutie and she's got ALL of the beams. MkII BR, two different beam spamming assists, bazooka shot, and her EX Burst is calling in two assits and spamming the shit out of more beams. She owns so hard.

Tyrant Rave

Has A Pretty Cool Jacket
Oct 25, 2017
Strike Noir is a fun one. Sub shot is a good get off button and special shot to the sides is really mobile and does a LOT of damage if it hits. Plus it can cancel either into its grappling hook for mobility. Really fun.

Oct 25, 2017
UNGA
BUNGA

UNGA
BUNGA

BIG LAZER SWOARD

PHOARRRRRR

Boy, I'm having a good ass time!
Except the netcode, sometimes.

MechaX

Oct 27, 2017

Building on what Enron said, for 2k you can go well with Build Strike; it has pretty solid melee if you're forced to that but you got plenty of beams to play it as far as you can. Other suits in that range include Lunamaria's Zaku from Destiny, and Cherudim and Dyanmes from the 00 series. There are likely many others but you'll always be looking for suits with more ranged options than melee or shield/bombs/whatever other gimmick options for special inputs and you'll be alright.

If you're ballsy enough to try for 3k, Ex-S used to have one of the longest red lock ranges out of all suits (and in some circumstances, you'll be guaranteed to hit even on green range too), but that might have changed for MB. But I briefly played Ex-S this morning and it still has a lot of options at range. But it is also a pretty big and wide suit and your movement will need to be on point to make sure you don't end up getting double-teamed.

SayemAhmd

Unshakable Resolve
Dec 3, 2019
Seems like I still got some skills from EXVS on PS3. There's some neat balance changes I feel. A few of my usual go-tos (Strike Noir and God) seem to have been nerfed a bit, so I fell back on Exia today, absolutely tore up shop. Still got it. Loads of people online seem to just be picking the high cost suits and not really knowing how to use them effectively.

Still looking forward to trying out the rest of my favourite suits though. Wonder if they have any DLC suits in mind, or if that's all limited to EXVS2 in arcades.

MechaX

Oct 27, 2017
It's weird that there are suits in Versus that aren't in MBO, which is an older game than Versus. Need my Pale Rider.

Versus dug so deep in the grunt and MSV line sometimes (like playing as Lt Rayer from Rise from the Ashes is cool and all, but maaan some of those suits sucked something fierce), but Pale Rider is one I do wish still made the cut.

Distantmantra

Oct 26, 2017
Seattle
Versus dug so deep in the grunt and MSV line sometimes (like playing as Lt Rayer from Rise from the Ashes is cool and all, but maaan some of those suits sucked something fierce), but Pale Rider is one I do wish still made the cut.

I played EXVS2 a few times when I was last in Japan, definitely feels a bit strange playing an older game now on console. Must be even weirder for people living in Japan who have regular access to it in the arcades.

Deleted member 5745

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I've been having a hell of a time with Strike Noir. It's so easy to play keep away with.

I think it'll be my new main once the full game comes out. The way I juked around that one Master Gundam for the kill was hilarious, wish they'd let us share clips :(

Last edited:

Luigi87

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I've been having a hell of a time with Strike Noir. It's so easy to play keep away with.

I think it'll be my new main once the full game comes out. The way I juked around that one Master Gundam for the kill was hilarious, wish they'd let us share clips :(
This is where I'm at. Strike Noir is so much fun zoning away, and I love the extra mobility from it's B+C.

Tyrant Rave

Has A Pretty Cool Jacket
Oct 25, 2017
Done for the day. I enjoyed Versus at the time but... it has nothing on EXVS proper. It felt so nice to play without strikers and boost dive. My suits feel normal again.

Astral

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I was so excited to learn that Alex was in the game but now that I actually used it I hate it. I'm so heartbroken.

bagandscalpel

Oct 25, 2017
Gotta disagree here dude

VS may have been prettier, but the only reason people gained moves is to make up for the deletion of entire characters from the roster in the first place: like the Blue Destiny units. Here we get all the suits in VS plus the ones that shouldn't have left in the first place.

Like the only downside I can think of is the graphics.
I was strictly speaking about moves/gameplay. It struck me as disappointing not having as many options and trying to rework my muscle memory and spread out the lesser amount moves across the controller in a comfortable way that feels familiar to VS.

I did leave out how I like the amount of suits and levels, but that wasn't what my post was about. Just my initial reaction to the lack of moves and how VS may have spoiled me there from a gameplay pov. But splitscreen will still sell me a copy despite feeling like I have less at my disposal when in a battle. I'm sure I'll get over that.
On the bright side, if we ever get an EXVS2 home port, its shared suits are literally the best of both worlds, with GVS movesets and EXVS moves appended to them.

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
Played a bit today. Way more immediate fun than Versus imo though I miss my Jesta. Was happy how fast the loading is and what not too, pleasant surprise. Had the most fun with Atlas, Build Strike, Psyco Zaku, Gusion Rebake, and a few others. Even playing from Japan, I know naughty me, most connections were not too bad. Occasionally very lagging and about 4 disconnects total. Can't speak for release quality but given who I played who were likely closer to me, I think the netcode will be playable at least but feels like there is room for improvement.

Hope the single player stuff holds up and we might have a game on our hands! (It already seems really good lol)

mudai

Oct 27, 2017
Played a bit today. Way more immediate fun than Versus imo though I miss my Jesta. Was happy how fast the loading is and what not too, pleasant surprise. Had the most fun with Atlas, Build Strike, Psyco Zaku, Gusion Rebake, and a few others. Even playing from Japan, I know naughty me, most connections were not too bad. Occasionally very lagging and about 4 disconnects total. Can't speak for release quality but given who I played who were likely closer to me, I think the netcode will be playable at least but feels like there is room for improvement.

Hope the single player stuff holds up and we might have a game on our hands! (It already seems really good lol)

I do think that I played some matches with players from Japan, America and Europe and considering that, they all ran quite well. There was only like one match that was virtually unplayable with only few others reaching the point where I could easily tell that the game didn't recognize my input fast enough. But overall I'm very happy with how well it runs online, especially compared to Vs, where every second or third match looked more like a slideshow. 3 matches got aborted due synch issues. One in the middle of the match, the other two in the loading screen.

I wonder about the singleplayer portion of the game. The main menu in the network test has the tab "Free Battle", which doesn't make me want to think that there will be a story mode or something. I do hope it at least has a beefy arcade mode.

Rahvar

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Most Lost
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
I had the best run with the G-Arcane. 11 games, 8 wins. Ranged suits definately seem to suit me better

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
I wonder about the singleplayer portion of the game. The main menu in the network test has the tab "Free Battle", which doesn't make me want to think that there will be a story mode or something. I do hope it at least has a beefy arcade mode.

I think I saw info on single being an arcade mode with multiple branches for your play through leading to different bosses as well as the randomized selection of normal fights. Also a mission mode where you take on various fights to earn unlocks and upgrades. Stuff like psudo reenacting scenes from the various franchises like fighting the main characters from Zeta etc. before the Psycho Gundam shows up.

Yeah it's in the trailer (fake edit) no idea how many there are but the older games on PS3 had a ton, so I expect this one too as well given the number of suits in it.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
I probably won't preorder this, but I defintely want to get it at some point. I kinda feel like the main thing it's missing (because I'm sure the full game won't have a good one) is a proper in depth tutorial for all suits.

OP
OP
donkey

donkey

Sumo Digital Dev
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
I probably won't preorder this, but I defintely want to get it at some point. I kinda feel like the main thing it's missing (because I'm sure the full game won't have a good one) is a proper in depth tutorial for all suits.
That be cool, but you're never going to get one with all 183+ suits. The internet will do a better job of it anyway.

mudai

Oct 27, 2017
I think I saw info on single being an arcade mode with multiple branches for your play through leading to different bosses as well as the randomized selection of normal fights. Also a mission mode where you take on various fights to earn unlocks and upgrades. Stuff like psudo reenacting scenes from the various franchises like fighting the main characters from Zeta etc. before the Psycho Gundam shows up.

Yeah it's in the trailer (fake edit) no idea how many there are but the older games on PS3 had a ton, so I expect this one too as well given the number of suits in it.

Awesome, thank you! I remember enjoying the arcade mode with the branching paths in Gundam Extreme Vs for PS3, so if this is similar that's all I need to be honest.

karnage10

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal

that trailer compeltely sold me on the game.
is there any chance this ends up on steam like SD gundam or gundam breaker?

Tyrant Rave

Has A Pretty Cool Jacket
Oct 25, 2017
Doing full tutorials for every single suit would be too much work I think. A basic tutorial to go over more universal concepts like punishing landings, cancel routes like beam rifle to bazooka, zunda combos, or rainbow stepping would be nice though. Throw in some basic movement techniques like boost hopping, fuwafuwa, etc. and it'd be a great starting point and reference.

They could even include some more quirky stuff like how to prevent cinematic camera angles during certain moves too.

OP
OP
donkey

donkey

Sumo Digital Dev
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Just opened a room if y'all want in. GundamEra is the name and it's worldwide.

Astral

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So some questions.

Holding down a charge attack while attacking at the same time is really hard. How the hell do you guys do it?

Will the full release have music from the anime like Versus? To me that's part of the appeal.

I see this has LAN but will it have splitscreen multiplayer?

RROCKMAN

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So some questions.

Holding down a charge attack while attacking at the same time is really hard. How the hell do you guys do it?

Will the full release have music from the anime like Versus? To me that's part of the appeal.

I see this has LAN but will it have splitscreen multiplayer?

I used to hold my thumb over both triangle and circle and lightly tap the one side I used to fire, but that's only really feasible for big handed creatures like myself

you can also reconfigure controls so that the buttons you want to hold is on triggers so you should have a free thumb for the face buttons.

but if you NEED your triggers to stay unaltered or you already have them set for a button combo move then the ps4 back buttons add on would allow you hold a button and retain access to both triggers and face buttons wthout breaking your fingers! ( I brought these on a whim and after sekiro and this I'm never taking them off lol)

EDIT: Sorry, after looking them up I wasnt aware that these became hella expensive. if you cant get them cheap or dont have them lying around then I would recommend setting triggers to the buttons you want to hold.

And Yes to split screen multiplayer, in fact free battle in this very beta supports co-op matches and versus matches, and The full game will allow for co-op arcade and boss rush in addition to it. I used to hate BAMCO, but this beta has been excellent as far as features go

2nd Edit, vocal anime music would probably be limited to the JPN only Premium G sound edition, but with custom music confirmed I'm sure we can find a way around that ;)

Last edited:

Astral

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I used to hold my thumb over both triangle and circle and lightly tap the one side I used to fire, but that's only really feasible for big handed creatures like myself

you can also reconfigure controls so that the buttons you want to hold is on triggers so you should have a free thumb for the face buttons.

but if you NEED your triggers to stay unaltered or you already have them set for a button combo move then the ps4 back buttons add on would allow you hold a button and retain access to both triggers and face buttons wthout breaking your fingers! ( I brought these on a whim and after sekiro and this I'm never taking them off lol)

EDIT: Sorry, after looking them up I wasnt aware that these became hella expensive. if you cant get them cheap or dont have them lying around then I would recommend setting triggers to the buttons you want to hold.

And Yes to split screen multiplayer, in fact free battle in this very beta supports co-op matches and versus matches, and The full game will allow for co-op arcade and boss rush in addition to it. I used to hate BAMCO, but this beta has been excellent as far as features go

2nd Edit, vocal anime music would probably be limited to the JPN only Premium G sound edition, but with custom music confirmed I'm sure we can find a way around that ;)
Good to hear about the splitscreen. I can't believe that was missing from Versus. And after switching to my arcade stick, charging attacks while still attacking and being on the move is way easier. I'm really sad about the music though. The reason I even played Versus as much as I did was the soundtrack. The anime music was a part of Versus' default soundtrack with extra ones being Japan only DLC. I assumed it would be the same case here. If not then that definitely takes away from the fun for me.

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I wish this had a tutorial section. I just want to get my bearings and find out how to dash and shoot like in Virtua On.