• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Tyrant Rave

Has A Pretty Cool Jacket
Oct 25, 2017
Gotta disagree here dude

VS may have been prettier, but the only reason people gained moves is to make up for the deletion of entire characters from the roster in the first place: like the Blue Destiny units. Here we get all the suits in VS plus the ones that shouldn't have left in the first place.

Like the only downside I can think of is the graphics.
Playing an assist reliant suit in EXVS (Drei, Turn A) then going to GVS was awful thanks to strikers. Not to mention GVS was missing a lot of suits I really love like Strike Noir. So even the cut moves feels like a non-issue.

Deleted member 13707

Account closed at user request
Oct 27, 2017
Not as bad as me with GVS. I played Tallgeese I and Vigna Ghina. Guess who didn't make the Maxi BON jump.

I have G-Arcane. I'm loving the suits that just have special evasions built in. You see someone charging, you R2 to the side, and blast them, point blank. I need more suits like that. G-Arcane just doesn't have the oomph to its attacks, but boy, it's got the steps.

Ginger Hail

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Only ever played a little bit of the previous PS4 release due to a friend who was a Gundam fan. Got the beta all downloaded and will have to give it a shot soon. Definitely nervous to jump in since I think I've forgotten just about everything haha.

OP
OP
donkey

donkey

Sumo Digital Dev
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Gotta disagree here dude

VS may have been prettier, but the only reason people gained moves is to make up for the deletion of entire characters from the roster in the first place: like the Blue Destiny units. Here we get all the suits in VS plus the ones that shouldn't have left in the first place.

Like the only downside I can think of is the graphics.
Graphics wise, it's UE4 vs the engine they've been using since EXVS back in 2010/2011. But I'll gladly take the EXVS style over Versus' generic stuff any day.

Luigi87

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Ah good, I see people my skill level or lower (is there such a level) are playing now, allowing me to get a Perfect, and probably the only one I will ever see, lol

Oct 27, 2017
I was strictly speaking about moves/gameplay. It struck me as disappointing not having as many options and trying to rework my muscle memory and spread out the lesser amount moves across the controller in a comfortable way that feels familiar to VS.

I did leave out how I like the amount of suits and levels, but that wasn't what my post was about. Just my initial reaction to the lack of moves and how VS may have spoiled me there from a gameplay pov. But splitscreen will still sell me a copy despite feeling like I have less at my disposal when in a battle. I'm sure I'll get over that.

mudai

Oct 27, 2017
Are you guys playing "Player Match" or "Casual Match"? Only did the latter so and I'm having a blast. Of course, I'm only using Exia so far, but I want to try out some other suits as well while the beta runs. Netcode seems fine. Had a few laggy matches, but they were all playable. Nothing unplayable so far and I want to say that the netcode is actually better than Gundam Vs. I put matchmaking on "worldwide". So far I'm not really feeling the OST. It's not bad, but I'm missing some of the themes. Or maybe they're not part of the beta? That would actually make sense. If they're even in the base game and not a premium sound edition that is.

OP
OP
donkey

donkey

Sumo Digital Dev
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Are you guys playing "Player Match" or "Casual Match"? Only did the latter so and I'm having a blast. Of course, I'm only using Exia so far, but I want to try out some other suits as well while the beta runs. Netcode seems fine. Had a few laggy matches, but they were all playable. Nothing unplayable so far and I want to say that the netcode is actually better than Gundam Vs. I put matchmaking on "worldwide". So far I'm not really feeling the OST. It's not bad, but I'm missing some of the themes. Or maybe they're not part of the beta? That would actually make sense. If they're even in the base game and not a premium sound edition that is.
Player match gets you the rooms most of us are playing in. But yeah, I've had a much better experience online in MB so far than GVS, especially as a UK player. As for the tracks, that definitely isn't all of them, but I don't think you'll find any of the usual vocal tracks regardless in the western version.

Oct 27, 2017
Been playing Casual Matches and having fun. Only won a match or two, but seem to be scoring well. I am slowly getting better and remembering things from the PSP Gundam games. Never played Gundam Versus on PS4, but thought about it a few times just to have in my collection.

Luigi87

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So is Strike Noir better in this than Full Boost.
It feels more enjoyable to play now than back then.

mudai

Oct 27, 2017
Player match gets you the rooms most of us are playing in. But yeah, I've had a much better experience online in MB so far than GVS, especially as a UK player. As for the tracks, that definitely isn't all of them, but I don't think you'll find any of the usual vocal tracks regardless in the western version.

Ah yeah, lobbies! Didn't think of that, haha. Matchmaking is actually pretty quick, which is a good feeling. But I'm pretty sure it will look a bit different once the full game is out, at least after a few weeks. I'm always a bit afraid of lobbies, because I'm more of a casual Gundam player and the lobbies are mostly full of people going beast mode all the time, haha. Still, game feels great. Good thing there's custom soundtrack, so I can just rip the vocal tracks and put them on my PS4 anyway.

Distantmantra

Oct 26, 2017
Seattle
My 8 year old daughter and I have been playing split screen co-op and versus against each other. The kid gleefully plays Noble Gundam and Unicorn while yelling "SPAM TRIANGLE!" over and over. This has been an awesome Saturday morning.

Rommaz

Nov 27, 2017
Kitwe, Zambia.
Been playing against the CPU on easy. Havent had this hard a time learning movement since Tekken LOL. Seems fun enough though. So many of my faves in this and pretty faithfully put in. I hope the SP is good for the full release

mudai

Oct 27, 2017
Been playing against the CPU on easy. Havent had this hard a time learning movement since Tekken LOL. Seems fun enough though. So many of my faves in this and pretty faithfully put in. I hope the SP is good for the full release

You can play against the CPU? Somehow I must've missed that option. Would be a good way to try out some suits.

Edit: Oh yeah, Free Battle. Dope!

Sagadego17

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
EWd_hmmXgAAkD9m

EWd_kFdX0AYUOBl

good 5.1 surround sound as well

Kimaris

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
For those playing with a controller, are you using the dpad, or the thumbstick for movement? I've been using the dpad since Versus 2017, but I think I'm going to make the switch. For the first time, I just played some matches using the thumbstick and it felt like to was easier to perform some of the boost techniques.

Gunny T Highway

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I do not know if this has been answered but what does extend burst actually do? S Burst boosts your range attacks and F burst boosts your melee, I can't tell what E burst does.

Edit:Nevermind the tutorial in the pause menu tells you.

Last edited:

Distantmantra

Oct 26, 2017
Seattle
I use the stick on the controller and have been doing so since the original game on the Dreamcast. Works really well with Crossbone X-1 but I'm also nowhere near being good. I just play for fun.

Tyrant Rave

Has A Pretty Cool Jacket
Oct 25, 2017
For those playing with a controller, are you using the dpad, or the thumbstick for movement? I've been using the dpad since Versus 2017, but I think I'm going to make the switch. For the first time, I just played some matches using the thumbstick and it felt like to was easier to perform some of the boost techniques.
dpad is prolly better for steps and rainbow steps unless you feel comfortable with doing double tap inputs on an analog stick

mudai

Oct 27, 2017
I'm using the Dpad but I want to try out the thumbstick. Gundam Vs on PS4 was the first one I tried to play with an arcade stick, but unlike regular fighting games, which I can mostly only play on an arcade stick, I just couldn't adapt to using it with Gundam.

Rommaz

Nov 27, 2017
Kitwe, Zambia.
I'm comfortable on Dpad after trying the stick for a bit. I'm struggling to do the boost dash on the stick

OP
OP
donkey

donkey

Sumo Digital Dev
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Got a room going. Lemme know if you want in. Gimme your PSN so I can add quick. :)

RROCKMAN

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Got disconnected again and I got penalized for it again too! wait time is now

Wait for it

95 minute and 23 seconds

I could sit down and watch a movie in that time. It would be ok I deserved it but I didn't purposely disconnect or rage quit at all! I'm wired in and everything! I'm kinda terrified that if I keep getting tossed off the network my wait time could extend well past reasonable wait time.

Thank god for free battle indeed.

Luigi87

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
One thing I don't get with this and GVS is why Canada is a separate region than the US, rather than just make it like US East, US West for much of North America, like other fighting games.
I hate that I have to use a US PSN account over my main one, lol

EnronERA

Oct 25, 2017
GundamERA is the room name

Got a few open spots left

enron76 is my user name. Accepting worldwide connections, but autokicking under 3 bar yellow

mudai

Oct 27, 2017
Interesting: Earlier today it was quite easy to find casual matches, but right now it takes ages to find one.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
OK, I'm really struggling without the downwards boost lol.
The netcode seems a lot better than GV if I find a good match, otherwise it's awful. There's no middle ground- it's either great or unplayable.

mudai

Oct 27, 2017
It feels so good when work well together with your partner and take down a 3000 cost suit to win the match.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
OK, Heavy Arms EW is fun.
Doing flips and ppeppering the opponent with bullets and missiles before throwing the GOAT Gundam at them is legit lol.
What's the input for his 360 spin attack?

EnronERA

Oct 25, 2017
ok ggs all, will be back on later. if anyone else opens up a room, make sure to post the deets in here

mudai

Oct 27, 2017
This is the first time I'm using the Crossbone Gundam X1 Custom and I think I'm in love. That suit is tons of fun and can do some nasty tricks. I'm curious about the cloth mechanic though. I know it acts like a shield so that I take a bit less damage, but is there a situation where I should manually take off and then take on again? For example take it off when in ranged battle and put it back on when in close combat?

RROCKMAN

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
This is the first time I'm using the Crossbone Gundam X1 Custom and I think I'm in love. That suit is tons of fun and can do some nasty tricks. I'm curious about the cloth mechanic though. I know it acts like a shield so that I take a bit less damage, but is there a situation where I should manually take off and then take on again? For example take it off when in ranged battle and put it back on when in close combat?

The cloak specifically nullifies damage from beam based weaponry. Ideally you'd put it up until you knew someone is about to drop any heavy beam moves (like the vast majority of units from Gundam Seed and Seed Destiny) that's when you whip it out and you should have enough time to squeeze out a move before the cloak breaks.

But at the same time if you are fighting someone that likes to space people out with beams then leaving it on would give you a major advantage.

You could argue leaving it on off is based more on each case scenario.

I should also mention that your cloak doesn't work at all with anybody that uses ballistics (like Blue Destiny unit 1, Atlas Gundam, or units that carry rocket launchers) so approach those with caution.

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is there a way to trick the game into keeping the searching for player practice mode so I can practice moves?