• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Starwing

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 31, 2018
Gonna get some sleep so I can play a couple of hours before work, then come back and play some more. Can't wait.

YES! Time for all the Gundam Slam Jam tracks!

As long as it doesn't impact my matches, I might stream. Will defo try to upload stuff though.

Got that on my playlist ready to slam jam and get slam jammed with my Shining Gundam!

Eeeexcellent. I'll live vicariously through y'all, no code for me.
I got a spare one if you want. Check your PMs.

fadedbones

Oct 25, 2017
Gonna get some sleep so I can play a couple of hours before work, then come back and play some more. Can't wait.

Got that on my playlist ready to slam jam and get slam jammed with my Shining Gundam!

I got a spare one if you want. Check your PMs.
Got it, preloaded! Thank you so so much Starwing! Hope the test goes smoothly, I'll see y'all in game!

Edit: For those looking to brush up/get more out of suits, ggez has invaluable content. http://www.ggez.space/100-exvsmbon-mobile-suit-guides-now-live/

Last edited:
OP
OP
donkey

donkey

Sumo Digital Dev
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
IIRC you could already do that in EXVSFB but it'd replace songs rather than add to it
Not clear if it's the same here or if it'll actually allow you to add songs to the BGM list

Dammit donkey, I had forgot about that filth, now it's burned on my memory again :(

Get ready for dat Trans Slam >:3

fadedbones

Oct 25, 2017
Holy WHOA. Even just the options available is stunning compared to GVS. This game has so much damn style!

Oh no I have to unlearn step dive

OP
OP
donkey

donkey

Sumo Digital Dev
Verified
Oct 24, 2017

Let's go Gundamuuuuu!

Also, can't use custom music for the demo. :(

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
Holy WHOA. Even just the options available is stunning compared to GVS. This game has so much damn style!

Oh no I have to unlearn step dive

Yeah, no step dive is confusing me lol. What do I do if I'm in the air: just hope I don't get hit before I land?

Also, if there's anyone who is new or rusty to the series, (I'm certainly the latter lol), you can set the CPU to inactive in Free Battle, if you want to get a grip of the controls before jumping straight into a fight.

MistaTwo

SNK Gaming Division Studio 1
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
I am so bummed I missed signing up for this beta! I missed the news completely.

RROCKMAN

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Alrighty so I began this beta with a network penalty lol like seriously right out the start screen

And there were two disconnects which I'm pretty sure wasn't me cause we were winning and they added on to the penalty that I shouldn't have had in the first place

Game is fantastic but they gotta get that penalty system under control

OP
OP
donkey

donkey

Sumo Digital Dev
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Gonna start an Era room. Hit me up if you want in, plus discord deets.

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Do Reiji and Sei have lines for every partner?

Edit: Guess not, EX-S Gundam's pilot is fucking Unknown lmao. Poor Ryou.

Luigi87

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Despite how much I despise the series, I do like AGE-2 as a suit.

Also I'm bad at the game, but I actually pulled off a block, and that will be a defining moment for me!

RROCKMAN

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm stuck for another 7. :(

BTW is there any kind of tutorial or are you thrown right into matches? If they throw you to the wolves then I apologize to anyone I get paired with, I'm gonna be really rusty.

They actually give you free battle, so if you wanna get feet wet with cpus you can. I recommend it because there is def major differences with certain suits between this and full boost.

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is there a guide from older games I can read? I havent played since the PSP version.

RROCKMAN

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ok these disconnects is beating my ass lol

I must have pissed someone off at BAMCO because just at match end We win and there is a disconnect and I eat the penalty again

Now I gotta wait 23 min. I hope to god they get this penalty thing corrected

Oct 27, 2017
Not jazzed about the loss of moves and the increased jaggies but I guess it's to be expected going backwards. Guess I thought VS was a smaller extension of this, but turns out it added a lot more.

Local co-op saves it though.

strideredge

Oct 25, 2017
Its been awhile since I had access to the suits I felt I was the best with in the previous games before Gundam Versus. So getting back in the groove with Blue Destiny Unit 1 and Zaku 2 kai has been interesting. I've got Zaku down much faster because everyone seems to like to rush in thus far and they have not accounted for Santa. It is strange that the 2 units I used the most in Gundam Versus don't seem to be in here? If they are I could not find Burning's GM and Throne Zwei.

MysticGon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
It's my first VS game so I'm coming to grips with the controls and camera. The "EASY" CPU difficulty is having its way with me...

RiderKairuu

Oct 25, 2017
I panic sometimes in situations where I should be punishing a landing, especially when I'm in point blank range lol.

Tyrant Rave

Has A Pretty Cool Jacket
Oct 25, 2017
Its been awhile since I had access to the suits I felt I was the best with in the previous games before Gundam Versus. So getting back in the groove with Blue Destiny Unit 1 and Zaku 2 kai has been interesting. I've got Zaku down much faster because everyone seems to like to rush in thus far and they have not accounted for Santa. It is strange that the 2 units I used the most in Gundam Versus don't seem to be in here? If they are I could not find Burning's GM and Throne Zwei.
I don't really mind the loss of Throne Zwei since he's such a core part of Throne Drei's moveset. They gutted her way too hard in GVS for strikers.
It's my first VS game so I'm coming to grips with the controls and camera. The "EASY" CPU difficulty is having its way with me...
There's a pretty steep learning curve, so just keep at it. The most efficient way to move is to boost dash then hop. It lets you move a good distance while also giving you some options to use another maneuver (step, another hop, guard) before landing if necessary. Just make sure to always be ready to hit the button.

Starting out, try to focus on shooting when you see your enemy going to land from the air while the lock-on reticule is red. Targeting is something that just takes some experience to really get used to, but you can usually just lock to the one closest and swap if nothing is really happening to see what's going on.

Game has some very light execution so just focus on the basics and get a feel for your suit's tools and when you should use them. Things feel weird at first but it'll feel really natural after you start playing more.

RROCKMAN

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Not jazzed about the loss of moves and the increased jaggies but I guess it's to be expected going backwards. Guess I thought VS was a smaller extension of this, but turns out it added a lot more.

Local co-op saves it though.

Gotta disagree here dude

VS may have been prettier, but the only reason people gained moves is to make up for the deletion of entire characters from the roster in the first place: like the Blue Destiny units. Here we get all the suits in VS plus the ones that shouldn't have left in the first place.

Like the only downside I can think of is the graphics.

Luckett_X

Oct 25, 2017
Leeds, UK
Was kinda hoping this would be as fluid as Virtual On, but alas that remains the gold standard (and I hope they release that collection in the west at some point but lol Sega). This feels a bit too jank for my liking, but then thats what 183 characters will do to a game! Some are fun to play as, others are just... there. Then theres the characters with nuke specials.